What are you listening to?

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Watching froma Distance is definitely better. I jammed it around 50 times even though it's extremely bleak indeed.

Grateful dead - Darkstar

Listening to Live/Dead. So this is what's The Dead about eh? Cool.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Live/Dead is pretty great. I'd grab the soundboard of Barton Hall 05/08/1977 next, and then Dick's Picks Vol. 4 which chooses highlights from 02/13/70 and 02/14/70. Though really, it's a shame they didn't issue both shows in their entirety, but I guess that would've been a seven-disc set or something. (You can find them online if you know where to look though).

Bear McCreary - [Battlestar Galactica: Season 3 #12] Fight Night [2:31]

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Thanks for the rec. I'll digest live/Dead some more first to see how much I really enjoy them.

Ufomammut - Magickon

Been on a Stoner Doom kick lately somehow. I still prefer classic Doom though.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
I need to check out Ufomammut one of these days

Btw, the best studio Dead albums are almost universally considered to be American Beauty and Workingman's Dead in that order. But you probably already knew that

Bear McCreary - [Battlestar Galactica: Season 4 CD1 #19] Dreilide Thrace Sonata No. 1 [5:35]

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Shining - [Blackjazz #09] 21st Century Schizoid Man [8:33]

As far as covers go, this is the only one I've heard that matches the sheer manic intensity of King Crimson's original. I do need to listen to the Voivod version though.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Michael Giacchino - [Star Trek: The Deluxe Edition CD1 #14] Enterprising Young Men [3:05]

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Shirley Manson - [Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles #01] Samson and Delilah [4:58]

crevaxa

Pro Adventurer
AKA
MDL_0
Bound by Entrails - Threshold of Fear

This album has been getting so much hype lately. Time to check it out :monster:

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Opeth - [Heritage #12] Face in the Snow [4:04]

not sure why either of these bonus tracks were left off the album; they're better than some of the songs that did make the cut.

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Wyrd - Ashes Of man And Oak And Pine

Yep, still miles ahead of most things called Pagan Black Metal. it's been ages since I've been listening to them.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Napalm Death - [Utilitarian #17] Everything in Mono [2:49]

Solid album.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
The Smashing Pumpkins - [Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness #09] Here Is No Why [3:51]

Top Bottom