What are you listening to?

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Disgorge is insane in a different way than Koenjihyakkei :monster: They're both insane, just different types of insane :monster:

高円寺百景 [Kōenji Hyakkei] - [弐(II) [Viva Kōenji!] #06] Cembell Rotta [4:50]

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Wolves in the Throne Room - [Wolves in the Throne Room #02] (Hands Pull You Through Purple) Black Tea [9:31]

Finally tracked down a FLAC version of this demo and it is glorious. While I love their later stuff, part of me wishes they had recorded more material in this more aggressive style. It's sort of a USBM take on Darkthrone and it is amazing.

crevaxa

Pro Adventurer
AKA
MDL_0
Wolves in the Throne Room - [Wolves in the Throne Room #02] (Hands Pull You Through Purple) Black Tea [9:31]

Finally tracked down a FLAC version of this demo and it is glorious. While I love their later stuff, part of me wishes they had recorded more material in this more aggressive style. It's sort of a USBM take on Darkthrone and it is amazing.

Have you checked out Bound By Entrails yet? They'd be right you your alley.

Anthrax - Belly of the Beast

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
No, will have to do so immediately. Thanks for the recommendation.

Wolves in the Throne Room - [Wolves in the Throne Room #03] If This Dark Age Conquers, We Will Leave This Echo [13:19]

Edley

Pray for Sound
AKA
Issac Dian, Dudley, Chev Chelios
Periphery - Have a Blast

This album is all over the place. Is this band well received? I don't listen to "djent" bands, but they seem to be a bit different. Flawed, but acceptable.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Bound by Entrails - [The Stars Bode You Farewell #09] With Vernal Impunity [9:06]

So yeah, this is pretty good. I can see the Enslaved comparisons. Do wish they hadn't mastered it so loud, but whatever. At DR8 it's far from the worst mastering I've ever heard on a black metal album.

crevaxa

Pro Adventurer
AKA
MDL_0
Bound by Entrails - [The Stars Bode You Farewell #09] With Vernal Impunity [9:06]

So yeah, this is pretty good. I can see the Enslaved comparisons. Do wish they hadn't mastered it so loud, but whatever. At DR8 it's far from the worst mastering I've ever heard on a black metal album.

Definitely agree on the mastering there. It's a damn shame they broke up earlier this year, it's probably my favorite USBM release since Cobalt's Gin.

Bound by Entrails - Marked Path of Ignorance

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Yeah, I guess the fact that the main songwriter moved made it impossible for them to continue recording though. Hopefully he'll continue to record interesting music.

Porcupine Tree - [In Absentia #07] Prodigal [5:33]

Speaking of crappy mastering, I radically overhauled this from the DVD-A version and now it sounds way better than the crappy CD. I think I'm going to tweak my remastered version a bit more though. It's weird that both the CD and DVD-A versions were mastered so terribly, because Steven Wilson hates the loudness war. Must've been the record company's fault.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Porcupine Tree - [In Absentia #10] Heartattack in a Layby [4:14]

I can see why Wilson regards this song as one of his greatest achievements. Devastating.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Njiqahdda - [Nji. Njiijn. Njiiijn. #01] Nortii Maatu [15:58]

I forget about this band far too often, which is a shame because they have a gigantic discography with a rather substantial number of absolutely magical releases. Need to get more of their stuff on my iPod.

Top Bottom