What are you listening to?

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Razor - Sucker For Puinishment

What are we doing, creating a system
Resulting in meaningless life?

One of the very best fucking metal bands ever.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Amon Amarth - Masters of War

This takes me back to when I was 16/17ish, copied this album from my brother, and blasted it on my CD player while delivering newspapers, :monster:.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Incantation - [Onward to Golgotha #03] Blasphemous Cremation [4:24]

Declipped. Incantation, y u no master your albums properly? This seems to be a thing with most death metal bands though. :<

Anyway now that I've fixed their albums I'll probably be returning to them a lot more frequently. Same with Immolation, Ulcerate and some others. I always liked these bands but the clipping probably made me listen to them a lot less than I otherwise would have :<

again, let me know if you want downloads :monster:

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
For those of you who like bizarre death metal, Portal leaked. It's in 320kbps too so it should be tolerable quality assuming the encoder they used was worth a damn.

Incantation - [Diabolical Conquest #05] United in Repugnance [3:58]

this album is just so amazing

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Neutral Milk Hotel - [In the Aeroplane over the Sea #04] Two-Headed Boy, Pt. 1 [4:26]

I understand trying to be lo-fi and all (obviously; I have 1,150 Pavement plays, 874 Darkthrone plays, and at least 80 plays of each track on Nattens Madrigal), and even "using white noise as a musical instrument", but the production on this album is so inexcusably awful that I'm finding it difficult to get into. There is clipping even on acoustic guitar tracks. Which sucks, because the music itself would be very enjoyable if not for that. There is recording music poorly for atmosphere, and then there is intentionally destroying music because it's edgy. Either the person who mastered this had no idea what the fuck they were doing, or they engaged in the latter.

I've declipped it and it helps somewhat (it's reduced the distortion a lot anyway) but it's still a lot more compressed than it should be for this type of music (DR9, which is still pretty bad for folk).

in b4 someone calls this overrated hipster garbage

Last edited:

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Ulcerate - [Everything Is Fire #01] Drown Within [6:43]

Declipped for great justice, btw. Sounds amazing now.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Strapping Young Lad - [No Sleep 'Till Bedtime: Live in Australia #05] S.Y.L. [4:53]

I'm trying to think of a song that better sums up my attitude towards having to work for a wage and I can't come up with anything.

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Van der Graaf - Cat's Eye/Yellow

The Quiet Zone / The Pleasure Dome really isn't a bad album. Different, yes and obviously more like Hammill solo and The K-Group but it's still good material.

Top Bottom