What are you listening to?

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Well, yeah, there are bands that try to duplicate Obscura, but none have actually managed it yet :monster:

Bear McCreary - [Human Target CD1 #09] Switching Sides [6:10]

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
David Bowie - (You Will) Set the World on Fire

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
Rihanna - Diamonds. I'm trying to embrace Josh's musical diversity in much the same way he accepts mine, but it's not easy.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Need to listen to them more, :monster:

Lurker of Chalice - [Demo 2002 #01] Lurker of Chalice [4:12]

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Yeah, I'll get to it soon.

Classic song, that :monster:

Lurker of Chalice - [Demo 2002 #09] This Blood as Mortal [8:13]

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Between the Buried and Me - [Alaska #04] Selkies: The Endless Obsession [7:23]

This band is like Dream Theater if Dream Theater actually had focussed songwriting. Not that DT hasn't made a fair amount of music I've enjoyed, but they're not very focussed songwriters :monster:

Kittie

General Eccentric
AKA
The Iron Witch
Florence + The Machine [No Light, No Light]

I'm actually somewhat tempted to purchase a copy of Ceremonials, if only for this one song. A lovely composition. Just stunning.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Altar of Plagues - [White Tomb #03] Through the Collapse III - Watchers Restrained [9:48]

Obligatory Irish band for St. Patrick's Day. Will probably put on MBV next and then Primordial if I still have any of their stuff.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Primordial - [Journey's End #01] Graven Idol [8:05]

I don't know why I don't listen to this band more often. They're obviously amazing.

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
And that's one of their lesser albums. The band is unbelievable live, too. One of the greatest frontman ever.

Manilla Road - Dragon Star

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
If they ever come here I'll have to see them.

Primordial - [The Gathering Wilderness #02] The Gathering Wilderness [9:13]

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Fates Warning - The Sorceress

I wish most Prog Metal wasn't so dull and Fates kept a bit more to their roots with the epic, majestic song writing of The Spectre Within and Awaken the Guardian. The latter is simply the greatest prog metal album of the 80's. Unmatched. I'm glad there's Arch/Matheos because later Fates and OSI bore the hell out of me.

Top Bottom