What are you listening to?

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Portal - [Swarth #01] Swarth [4:16]

I don't know why I'm listening to this album before bed. Maybe I want my dreams to be full of eldritch abominations :monster:

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Ruin Lust - [Demo 2011 #05] Violence and Splendor [4:29]

May have mentioned this band before. Pretty solid demo. Hope they do more stuff. It's a wonder to have recent death metal that isn't brickwalled to oblivion too. This comes in at a shocking DR13. Of course it's a "raw unmastered mix" so that's obviously why.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
The Rutles - [The Rutles #13] Good Times Roll [3:06]

Obvious Beatles parody is obvious, but a lot of these really could be lost Beatles songs if not for the lyrics. Then again some of them are so obviously rewrites of existing Beatles tracks (this one is "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds") that they couldn't belong to the Beatles songbook, as one thing the Beatles were not known for is repeating themselves.

For more Beatles parody goodness, check out Utopia's album Deface the Music. I expect I'll be going on a Beatles binge next.

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
The Beatles on the other hand obviously were a parody of The Residents. They even ripped off one of their album artworks. :monster:

Sadus - Twisted Face

Some of the most face-melting, fastest metal ever. Certainly not for pussies.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
The Beatles on the other hand obviously were a parody of The Residents. They even ripped off one of their album artworks.
Quite right :monster:

I need to listen to Sadus one of these days :monster:

The Rutles - [Archaeology #06] Unfinished Words [2:08]

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Can't listen to Sadus too soon.

Sadus - Desolator

The vocals on the D.T.P. demo are fucking inhuman. How the fuck he didnt destroy his vocal chords is beyond me

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
I think I have some of their stuff on my computer; I'll listen later today :monster:

Monty Python - [Monty Python Sings #01] Always Look on the Bright Side of Life [3:35]

Classic, of course.

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Deicide - Dead But Dreaming

I have been neglecting them too much, but i'm going to see them live this monday, and it appears Glen Benton will show up this time.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Morbid Angel - [Altars of Madness #01] Immortal Rites [4:03]

I assume Legion is the best place to start with Deicide? I listened to it several years ago but I hadn't really acquired a taste for old-school death metal.

Also Deicide without Glen Benton is a pretty strange thought.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Morbid Angel - [Blessed Are the Sick #07] Blessed Are the Sick/Leading the Rats [4:46]

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Neurosis - [Through Silver in Blood #01] Through Silver in Blood [12:12]

Fuck, this album is just so massive. Almost all other metal seems insignificant every time I listen to Neurosis.

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Sacramentum - Cries From A Restless Soul

Maybe my favourite from the album. It just doesn't get tiring after many listenings.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
That whole album rules, naturally.

Sadus - [Swallowed in Black #01] Black [5:25]

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
The Beatles - [Please Please Me #01] I Saw Her Standing There [2:58]

In mono, of course. The stereo versions of all their albums up to, I believe, The Beatles had no input from the Beatles in how they were mixed, so I consider them non-canon.

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
While Heaven Wept - To Wander the Void

They should've made The Furthest Shore the last song. Because nothing matches that incredible Epic. By that I mean Close To The Edge or A Plague of Lighthouse Keepers incredible. Evem though it's not prog by any means. So good.

Top Bottom