What are you listening to?

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Cryptopsy - [Blasphemy Made Flesh #02] Abigor [3:51]

This album should be handed to everyone who mixes/masters a metal album as an example of how to do it. All the instruments are clearly audible (especially the bass, which is far too often neglected) and there is tons of breathing room for all the instruments. I won't go so far as to say the entire production of this album is perfect (the guitars could have a bit more punch, though to be fair for an almost twenty-year-old recording it's pretty damn heavy), but the mixing and mastering certainly are.

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Steeleye Span - the Blacksmith

It's monday evening over here - I'm drunk while I shouldn't ought to be. Yet I am here listenenig to these ancient olde Briton tunes by these Folkrockers while pouring a Grolsch lentebok down my throat - As the Dutch bastard I am.

(yes even in my drunkenness I realize I try too hard :monster: )

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
Deftones - Graphic Nature

I'd say these guys have aged well but they actually haven't really changed. Their style just continues to sound modern somehow.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Strapping Young Lad - [Heavy as a Really Heavy Thing #02] In the Rainy Season [4:37]

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Suffocation - Beginning Of Sorrow

Even though Pinnacle of Bedlam is great and their best since Despise The Sun by far, this is still the best track.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Dodecahedron - [Dodecahedron #A1] Allfather [6:16]

I have no idea why the CD of this is a lossy master, but luckily the vinyl edition doesn't have that problem. Sounds infinitely better.

Top Bottom