What are you listening to?

crevaxa

Pro Adventurer
AKA
MDL_0
Zappa & The Mothers - Son of Orange County

Got my tickets for Zappa Plays Zappa. They're doing Roxy & Elsewhere this time. I am content.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Nico - [The Frozen Borderline: 1968-1970 CD1 #17] Julius Caesar (Memento Hodie) (Alternate Version) [5:02]

Sorely underrated artist. This is a nice writeup about her most influential material.

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Zappa Plays Zappa is great. Have fun! And you will...

Atlantean Kodex - White Goddess Unveiled (Crown Of The Sephiroth)

Yep, certainly album of the year.

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Cultes Des Ghoules - Festival Of Devotion

Yeah this album will be amongst the top 10 too. Black Metal they way I like it. Raw n filthy.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
John Cale - [Paris 1919 #20] Paris 1919 (piano mix) [4:23]

An almost perfect pop song in either arrangement. Here's the original album version:

Last edited:

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
Madness - La Luna

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Swans - [The Seer #02] The Apostate [22:54]

i feel another Swans binge coming on

Edit: according to some dude in the last.fm shoutbox "The Seer" was recorded in one take. Which, if true, is pretty damn impressive given that it's 32 minutes long.

Last edited:

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Hmm in one take maybe but in the first? However Swans aren't unknown for their improvising skills.

Pagan Altar - The Timelord

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Apparently Gira mentioned it in an interview with Pitchfork.

John Cale - [Paris 1919 #12] Hanky Panky Nohow (drone mix) [2:51]

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
The Lumineers - Ho Hey.

I'm developing a bit of a thing for folksy guitar bands. Needs moar drive IMO.

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Fun as hell yeah.

Age of Taurus - The Bull And The Bear

They and procession will also play at Roadburn next year while I'm going to see them on Hammer of Doom Festival later this week, I can't complain. Some of the finest Epic Doom bands that released something this year.

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
They've revitalized big time since they've got Kyle Thomas from Exhorder and Floodgate to do the vocals.... Hell, it's been years since they even bothered playing some of their old stuff, and the last gig I saw with the new line up, they even started with the Tempter!

Nagelfar - Hunengrab Im Herbst

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind
Saints Row (4) again reminding me of good music because I don't listen to the radio

Top Bottom