What are you listening to?

crevaxa

Pro Adventurer
AKA
MDL_0
My biggest fear is it's going to sound like one of The Haunted's albums, but with Lindberg on vocals.

At the Gates - The Break of Autumn

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Earlier this year I talked to Tompa about it after a Lockup show, and he told me there will be enough of that eerie weirdness that characterised the early records, but also with plenty of Slaughter Of The Souls riffage.

Dawn - Eyesland

I just bought all their reiussues on vinyl except for the demo compilation and Slaughtersun still has to arrive, but mandatory melodic Black Metal for sure.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Massacra - Enjoy The Violence

Goddamn metal rules so much. So much good stuff out there. Old school or new bands.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Yeah, great band. I wish I had money to pick up those LP reissues :sadpanda: Maybe they won't have sold out when I finally get a better job.

Dawn - [Nær sólen gar niþer for evogher #01] Eyesland [5:39]

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA

This has been on the top of the charts for two weeks now and I'm really getting into it. It's a very strong song from a singer who never won X Factor, I'm hopelessly hooked.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Yeah, Fairport Convention is amazing.

Fairport Convention - [Liege & Lief #08] Crazy Man Michael [4:46]

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Thulcandra - [Fallen Angel's Dominion #01] In the Realm of Thousand Deaths [1:30]

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Well Fairport with Sandy Denny certainly is amazing. After that besides Full House, not so much....

Sargeist - The Rebirth Of A Cursed Existence

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
I haven't listened to any of the post-Denny stuff but that's disappointing to hear :sadpanda:

Thulcandra - [Fallen Angel's Dominion #05] Everlasting Fire [5:05]

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
There's still plenty of good Richard Thompson and Sandy Denny solo stuff out there though. Also Fotheringay and the Strawbs record with Sandy Denny are worthy records. Haven't been in a British Folkrock mood lately though. I've still lots of exploring to do in that field.

Sargeist - Dead Ravens Memory

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Yeah some of Richard Thompson's stuff is really good. Shoot Out the Lights I remember being an incredible listen. Still need to listen to some of Sandy Denny's solo stuff, plus her stuff with Fotheringay and the Strawbs. I need to listen to lots more British folk rock as well. I haven't even listened to Steeleye Span yet, that's how much exploring I still need to do.

Thulcandra - [Under a Frozen Sun #07] Gates of Eden [9:23]

Dissection worship doesn't get much better than this.

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Oh dear. And there are so many obscure gems in that field, whether it be Mellow Candle or Jan Dukes The Grey, Trees or whatever.

Centurian - The Law Of Burning

The Dutch are very good at playing Death Metal.

Top Bottom