What are you listening to?

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Nothing - Bent Nail

Shoegaze is something I enjoy very sparsely but these guys are pretty good, I think. I enjoyed their show at Roadburn.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Blut aus Nord - [Memoria Vetusta III: Saturnian Poetry #02] Paien [7:56]

wtb album, please get vinyl copies to U.S. distros soon kthx

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Flotsam And Jetsam - Metalshock

Better than ...And Justice For All anyways. Jason Newsted kills it on this track.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Robert Wyatt - [Rock Bottom #03] Little Red Riding Hood Hit the Road [7:40]

Masterpiece.

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Still need to hear that

Electric Wizard - Turn Off Your Mind

Preparing for three days of Stoner goodness in Belgium.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
It's a unique, beautiful, and mournful album. I've never heard anything else that I would compare to it. If you want to preview the album on YouTube, here:

John Cale - [Paris 1919 #02] Hanky Panky Nohow [2:46]

Another beautiful album.

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Well if I find it on vinyl, I'll most likely to pick it up anyways. Old Soft Machine rules so much along with other Canterbury bands he has been involved with.

Herder - Genesis 3:29

Herder is harder

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Yeah I've really enjoyed my exploration of the Canterbury scene over the past few weeks. I think Hatfield and the North is probably the next artist I'll check out.

Soft Machine - [Third #01] Facelift [18:45]

Third is obviously also a masterpiece. I should probably listen to their first two records more because they haven't really sunk in yet.

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
You better do that - Hatfield is absolutely fantastic. The catchiness and wit of Caravan with the jazziness of Soft Machine - wonderful stuff. From there you should check out National Health, too. In that field I've shamefully neglected the likes of Egg, Matching Mole and Quiet Sun (Canterbury with Brian Eno involved? that must be interesting to say the least) But yeah too much music too little time 'n shit. Btw have you heard Gong yet? You is the best Canterbury tinged Spacerock shit ever.

Herder - FOAD2

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Gong is high on my list too, as are a lot of the other artists you mentioned. I've been told to start with the Radio Gnome trilogy. Is there anything else that's essential listening for a newcomer?

Still Facelift

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Yeah besides the trilogy Camembert Electrique is mandatory. Maybe you shouldn't start with You - it's the last and best in the trilogy - however their silly side might be off putting, it was for me when I first listened to them but now I love it! You doesn't have too much of that silly pothead pixie stuff, and have some of the greatest psychedelic spacerock jams ever recorded, imo.

Third is such a great record where the murky production really levels it to new psychedelic heights - at least to me haha. One of the best prog records to smoke pot to, imo.

Herder - Soul Harvester

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
The production on Third is perfect. Really every aspect of the album is marvellous. I think my favourite moments on the album are the keyboard solos that open and close "Out-Bloody-Rageous", but it's difficult to pick just one I guess.

Soft Machine - [Third #02] Slightly All the Time [18:13]

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
The record is ciritized pretty much for the murkiness of it's production, and it's murky as hell but I love it. It gives the record character and makes it the unique masterpiece it is.

YOB - Aeons

Haven't heard the new record yet but I'll be picking up the vinyl at their show this saturday - I bet it's brilliant because all of their records are.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA

Genuinely shocked this is Raign from this year's X Factor. This song was so good during the end of The Vampire Diaries season five. It's so hypnotic and beautifully eerie.

Top Bottom