What are you listening to?

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
I'll have to check that out. Fen's latest underwhlemed me.

Caravan - [In the Land of Grey and Pink #05] Nine Feet Underground [22:44]

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Yep, it lacked too much of their own sound they had on their first EP/album. It sounded like your average postrock band.

The Midnight Ghost Train - River Slit

Tomorrow I will be buying the ticket to the best festival in the universe, Roadburn. No life 'till 'Burn, baby! You make sure to get your ticket in time, too. Or have that shitty feeling you'll never be there in your life.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
I liked their first album/EP and Epoch but yeah the third album was pretty generic.

One of these days I want to go to Roadburn but I have no way of getting to Europe anytime soon :sadpanda:

Caravan - [Waterloo Lily #05] The Love in Your Eye / To Catch Me a Brother / Subsultus / Debouchement / Tilbury Kecks [12:32]

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Well as I understand you as an internet Personalia, you've made plans but you won't get arsed in doing so in the end. In which you have to opportunity to say fuck it, I'm going to Roadburn this year. Enslaved is fucking curating the event, so if that isn't reason enough to go to the greatest festival in the universe, hell I don't know what is!

The Midnight Ghost Train - Some tune

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
That's a good point, if Enslaved is curating then I really have no excuse not to go. Time to start saving up money I guess

Gong - [You: Radio Gnome Invisible, Part 3 #08] You Never Blow Your Trip Forever [11:32]

I'm pretty sure I've never heard anything like this band before. I mean Zappa and Magma are similar in some superficial ways but nope. Guess I need to check out more space rock.

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
There's plenty of shit playing you seem to love, Kayo Dot for example, but there are so many bands playing in all kinds of genres, there are always new beautiful discoveries found. Ofcourse the tickets sold out in 8 minutes or so (I was at the presale party so yeah I've got my ticket) But lots of tickets are for sale usually after a few months so it's quite easy to get a ticket then.

Leif Edling - My Black Birthday

Also, new Spacerock bands are awesome, Electric Moon or Oresund Space Collective 'n shit. Also lots of that sort of stuff on Roadburn, ofcourse.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
I'll have to check out those bands you mentioned, as well as the obvious stuff like Hawkwind.

Morbus Chron - [Sweven #02] Chains [4:49]

I have yet to sit down to come up with a list of my favourites of the year so far yet but this'll probably be in the top five. It's stuck with me in a way few releases this year have.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
A lot of bands seem to be doing new material lately. Just found out that Green Carnation and In the Woods... got back together, and of course Arcturus are nearly done with their new album. 2015 should be interesting.

Fairport Convention - [Liege & Lief #03] Matty Groves [8:09]

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Bast - Psychonauts

Damn these guys are all over the place, 'atmospheric' Black Metal, Sludge, Postrock, Drone and yet it all make sense and flows naturally.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
I'll have to check that out; sounds like it might be up my alley

Gentle Giant - [Interview #01] Interview [6:54]

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
It must be, if you don't like this then I'll be selling my Roadburn ticket.:monster:

Bast - Outside The Circles Of Time

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Gentle Giant - [Playing the Fool: The Official Live #12] Free Hand [7:40]

I can easily see why this is regarded as one of the all-time great live prog albums.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Mahavishnu Orchestra - [The Inner Mounting Flame #01] Meeting of the Spirits [6:52]

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Return to Forever - [Hymn of the Seventh Galaxy #02] After the Cosmic Rain [8:25]

You were right about that Bast Jochim; I'll probably have to order the vinyl

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Sounds interesting, I'll have to check that out :monster:

Mahavishnu Orchestra - [The Inner Mounting Flame #04] A Lotus on Irish Streams [5:41]

This band's first two albums and The Lost Trident Sessions are masterpieces. Can't believe I didn't get into them the first time I listened; I must just not have been in the right frame of mind or something.

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
Nibun no Ichi (ニブンノイチ) [Two of One] by BACK-ON

(Gundam Build Fighters OP)

Top Bottom