What are you listening to?

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Sigh - [Gallows Gallery #08] Gavotte Grim [7:25]

The more I listen to this album the more I love it. It's like a Japanese take on Mercyful Fate. I can't believe I didn't bother listening to Sigh for like two years before their new album came out.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Drudkh - [A Furrow Cut Short #01] Cursed Sons I [9:19]

A definite return to form and probably their best album in many years. Wish I could afford the vinyl.

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Probably not going to bother anyways they only were in form when they were Nazi's instead of label whores haha

Svartidauði - The Perpetual Nothing

Icelandic Black Metal is where it's at right now.

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe

*Honestly* its a real shame that this band went through some retarded bullshit and broke up so early on. They had some great songs.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Ne Obliviscaris - [Citadel #05] Devour Me, Colossus (Part I): Blackholes [12:33]

Gabe you should check this group out if you haven't listened to them yet :monster:

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
Ne Obliviscaris - [Citadel #05] Devour Me, Colossus (Part I): Blackholes [12:33]

Gabe you should check this group out if you haven't listened to them yet :monster:

Welp now I know what's going to replace my Billy Talent playlist for my commute :monster:

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Blue Öyster Cult - [Secret Treaties #08] Astronomy [6:28]

Fuckin' classic.

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Svartidauði- Psychoactive Sacraments

Aaaand off to bed. Not online for a week, family time in France 'n shit :monster:

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.

Going through my Ellie Goulding phase again, I could listen to her all day. <3

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Radiohead - [The King of Limbs #08] Separator [5:20]

Fuck, that bass. Greenwood and Selway are an amazing rhythm section. I don't know if I'd ever really sat down and listened to this album before.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Drudkh - [Autumn Aurora #04] Sunwheel [8:57]

Fuck. I don't have the faintest idea how I'd even begin to figure out the chord sequence in the second half of the song. This is just compositionally so weird. And then Forgotten Legends was recorded with a slightly flat (or sharp, not exactly sure which) tape speed so figuring the songs out on that will be even harder.

Actually the tape on Autumn Aurora seems to be slightly flat as well, but it's nowhere near as off-key as the tape on Forgotten Legends.

I wonder if I'd have taken to black metal so much if not for the mix of decidedly weird melodies with outright beautiful harmonies in some places. This album is a perfect example. "Wind of the Night Forests" is a strong contender for my favourite black metal song ever, and almost certainly my favourite Drudkh song. That solo.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Sigh - [Hail Horror Hail #03] 12 Souls [6:56]

this may be Sigh's weirdest album, and that's saying a lot

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Sigh - [Scenes from Hell #05] The Summer Funeral [7:07]

Holy fuck, the Maor Appelbaum mastering of this album is a revelation. So much more instrumental clarity throughout the entire mix, and there's nowhere near as much digital distortion either. Begs the question of why they didn't just release this version to begin with. This is as much an improvement over the original as Blood Music's remaster of Gallows Gallery was.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
welcome back an' shit :monster:

Demilich - [20th Adversary of Emptiness CD2 #18] The Uncontrollable Regret of the Rotting Flesh [06:26]

There will never be another band like Demilich. Looking forward to the potential of more new material.

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Well there were worship bands such as Biolich and Cosmic Atrophy, but yeah Demilich is an entity on it's own.

Carcass - Exhume To Consume

Never gets old.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Yeah, I'd say they're kind of like Gorguts in that respect. A lot of bands may have imitated elements of their style, but their sound as a whole is so utterly unique that it's probably impossible for anyone else to replicate it fully. I'd put Timeghoul in the same class, but they were so obscure I don't think anyone tried to imitate them. There are a lot of really weird death metal bands out there.

Demilich - [20th Adversary of Emptiness CD2 #08] The Cry [3:48]

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Yep, have you heard Phlebotomized from my country? Pretty damn unique Death Metal with a violin player, they reunited a couple of years ago and now a friend of mine has taken the vocal duties.

Enslaved - 793 (Slaget Om Lindisfarne)

I can't help it but there's not a single Enslaved album I like more than Eld. They should play this album integrally in a future Roadburn edition.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
No, I'll have to check them out. Death metal with a violin sounds amazing.

Eld's one of my favourites too. "793" in particular is among the best songs Enslaved ever recorded.

Timeghoul - [Discography 1992-1994 LP1 #05] Gutspawn (1989) [6:41]

Top Bottom