• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

What are you listening to?

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon

I've always had a deep love for Norse folklore, long, long, looooooooong before the Marvel movies. I shook my head a bit with the artistic licenses they took with the original mythos, but Loki and Thor's actors made me feel more lenient about it, lol.

Now I'm more than happy to listen to actual Norse music dealing with the original myths. Must be the dropplet of Norse blood in my veins. Probably :monster:

Rankles

Pro Adventurer
My friend shared this song with me and I quite like it.
(Swing/Thrash/Trance? fusion)

Something of a FFVII Remake link there, as this is from an animation called Hazbin Hotel, the spinoff of which (Helluva Boss) feature’s Erica Lindbeck voicing two characters.

Rydeen

In-KWEH-dible
Something of a FFVII Remake link there, as this is from an animation called Hazbin Hotel, the spinoff of which (Helluva Boss) feature’s Erica Lindbeck voicing two characters.

Yup, the algorithm gave it to me and I ended up watching it and all the related content. Apparently it was all a part of my friend's master plan to lure me into it. :P I crave more.

Rydeen

In-KWEH-dible
..I think I found the switch version to WAP.

Also I'm disappointed that most of the commenters don't know the song sampled, though that is probably a 1 on the scale of YouTube disappointments.

Torrie

astray ay-ay-ay
So there's this awesome drum'n'bass electro rock track "Moth Wings" by Nutronic, and I keep getting some funny misheard lyrics in the chorus if the song is quiet enough in the background.

Instead of
Never going back there again
I hear
Never going back there, ROOKIE

And by "rookie" I can't help imagining Cloud. FF7 has obviously devoured my brain.
Goddamn linking R, thank you very much.

Erotic Materia

[CONFUSED SCREAMING]
This is a cover of a song by the Strokes, and while bluegrass is absolutely not my thing, this just works. I like this version far more than the original, it's a real toe-tapper.

Nanaki Skywalker

Kate Lord of the Sith
AKA
Tarkatan Trash
This is Trauma, which is most notable for being the band Cliff Burton left to join Metallica. The band's vocalist recently reunited with Cliff the day after the 34 year anniversary of Cliff's passing after a short illness. RIP.

Nandemoyasan

Standing guard
AKA
Johnny
This was a song, from the album Fire of Unknown Origin (it has "Burnin' For You"), written by Eric Bloom (lead singer of BoC) and Michael Moorcock, a known science fiction/fantasy author. It was not written for the soundtrack of the animated film Heavy Metal, unlike several other songs on the album, but ended up being the one the director picked to use.

If you see the name Michael Moorcock and it rings a bell in your head, that's because he was the author of The Elric Saga, a high fantasy book series that was part of the personal reading diet of one Hironobu Sakaguchi around 1986 or so. In other words, it is the series of books which were Sakaguchi's favorite fantasy novels, at the time that Final Fantasy 1 was made.

It is extremely weird to me, that the lyrics in this song sound exactly like what Cloud goes through in FF7, but it absolutely is probably a coincidence. One of those 'six degrees of separation" things.

Reactions: Wol

Rydeen

In-KWEH-dible
On the phone with ma reminiscing because it's fall now and remembered that my mom was technically the one who introduced me to electronica. She didn't even remember this song, but I was obsessed when she would play it lol. I don't even know where she got it from, since this was the time of CDs and music stores.

Last edited:

Nandemoyasan

Standing guard
AKA
Johnny
On the phone with ma reminiscing because it's fall now and remembered that my mom was technically the one who introduced me to electronica. She didn't even remember this song, but I was obsessed when she would play it lol. I don't even know where she got it from, since this was the time of CDs and music stores.

I suddenly feel like I'm fighting a boss in Streets of Rage

Erotic Materia

[CONFUSED SCREAMING]
Anyone who knows me also knows that I'm completely enamored with Sade. I also hate videos of live performances. But this one... This one made me smile.

I'm so envious of every single person in that crowd. I'll likely never have the opportunity to see Sade perform live.

Torrie

astray ay-ay-ay
Normandie is a Swedish melodic post-hardcore / alternative rock band. They've had some pop- and electronic-rock influences lately (basically, the direction that Bring Me The Horizon have been following for a while), and the latest single is such a banger that I can't stop listening! :headbang:

Top Bottom