What are you listening to?

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Isis - [Panopticon #07] Grinning Mouths [8:30]

Vinyl rip sounds great. I wish they'd reprint this so I could own it on vinyl myself :(

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Quoting himself while listening to boring Black Metal... Oh dear. Wolves In The Snore Room should call it quits imo. For real this time... fags.

Ulcerate - Praise And Negation

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
no u :monster:

Ulcerate is p. great though, good choice

The Chasm - [Procreation of the Inner Temple #01] Conqueror of the Mourningstar [5:50]

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf

Well yeah bands claiming their 'last' album and breaking up for good are 90% full of shit anyways. Idgi. I bet Cathedral and Dismember will be back in a couple of years, just as Arcturus is back right now. Pfft. Or Ministry lol. Or even Death and Nasum. :monster:

Blood Duster - Vulgar Taste Of Rotten Cunt

funfunfun

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Yeah that's definitely true at least :monster: They can't even seem to make up their mind right now whether CL is their last album as WITTR or not; they've given contradictory statements. They may continue recording in a drastically different style in the future, or they may record in a drastically different style and change their name, :monster:

Is the new Ministry worth a listen?

Discordance Axis - [Jouhou #26] Information Sniper [0:39]

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Well they've become so boring since Two Hunters I certainly wouldn't miss them. Krallice and Nightbringer should call it a quits too, their sound isn't going anywhere. Same goes for Alcest and Drudkh.
I don't know about the new Ministry but I kind of like their Fuck Bush albums so maybe I should give it a listen.

Venom - Black Metal

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Yeah I'm surprised the Fuck Bush albums were so controversial with the fan base; to me they had the good old Ministry sound with plenty of solid riffs.

Most of the artists you mentioned aren't really doing anything drastically different on their new releases than they were on the old ones, but I still like their sound so whatever :monster:

Noisear - [Our Last Day #19] Mimetic [0:48]

I only found out this group had another full length called Red Tape Agenda a couple days ago. Not as long as Subvert the Dominant Paradigm but whatever, more Noisear is still good news :monster:

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Ministry fucking KILLED live at Graspop 2005.

I like the overall sounds of some of these bands, but their sound is pretty limited. Drudkh tries to progress, fails, tries to go back to their roots, fails again. Krallice needs to stop making overly long songs because they don't have the composition skills to keep the songs exciting. Nightbringer has the Krallice syndrome only album length wise, they still write a lot better songs though. Alcest is just too cheesy for it's own good.

Venom - Don't Burn The Witch

This is timeless.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
I can kind of agree with some of those criticisms but there are enough interesting riffs or other features in some of these groups' music that it doesn't really matter to me that much. For example Krallice definitely don't do as much in a 12-minute song as, say, The Chasm, but I think they're going for Burzum-style hypnosis through repetition as much as they are standard prog-rock weirdness.

And I'll have to see Ministry live if they ever come to Florida again. They probably will, it's a p. populous state.

Noisear - [Subvert the Dominant Paradigm #30] Noisearuption [20:04]

This kills. I hope they do more experiments like this in the future. It kind of sucks this apparently got left off the vinyl (I'm guessing so they could press it at 45rpm without having to space the grooves too close together, although I don't even know if they actually pressed it at 45rpm; if they didn't there's no reason it wouldn't have fit) but the CD version sounds pretty good as it is.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
Track: We Close Our Eyes
Artist: Go West

...I'm a child of the 80s. Technically.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Burzum - [Umskiptar #10] Gullaldr [10:30]

Meh, not bad. Obviously he doesn't want to go remaking Filosofem and Hvis lyset tar oss over and over, which is fine. Still feels like it's missing something, but maybe it just needs to grow on me.

Belus remains my favourite of his post-prison albums, which is an unpopular opinion but it's the only one that doesn't have any tracks that bore me.

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Belus is also my favourite post-jail Burzum album. I'm not sure if I should check the new album out...

Blood Duster - Metalasfuck

Clutch meets Napalm Death or something

Top Bottom