What are you listening to?

Dumb Apple

Soul Wrought of Terra Corrupt
AKA
Geostigma, Omega Gist
.cough.

Anywho, Muse's new album 2nd Law. ... Jury is still out for more. I have yet the one song that is my hands down favorite. =/

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Lykathea Aflame - [Elvenefris #04] Flowering Entities [5:40]

Vinyl sounds great, as expected. The first version I came out with messed up levels. I was able to band-aid fix it with foobar Audacity's leveller function but I'm going to redo it because I want them to be proper.

Last edited:

Ghost X

Metallica - Whiskey in the Jar

Not a fan of Metallica really (not opposed to them either, mind you), but I like this interpretation of the irish folk song. I recall about seven years ago, I tried to get into folk music of said region, but it didn't really take off. My taste in music has slightly evolved since then, so perhaps I should give it another try. Any suggestions?

crevaxa

Pro Adventurer
AKA
MDL_0
Lykathea Aflame - [Elvenefris #04] Flowering Entities [5:40]

Vinyl sounds great, as expected. The first version I came out with messed up levels. I was able to band-aid fix it with foobar Audacity's leveller function but I'm going to redo it because I want them to be proper.

Holy shit, I forgot all about how awesome that album is. Weren't they going to release another album under the name Lykathe?

Bounded By Entrails - Essence of Vagrance

An accordion intro to a black metal album. Word is one of the band members always sees this homeless man in Stockholm playing the accordion, so one day he recorded him on the street in one take.

Lex

Administrator
Gangnam Style. On repeat. It's currently at the top of the actual, official, UK charts. An internet meme K-Pop song has invaded the UK.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Holy shit, I forgot all about how awesome that album is. Weren't they going to release another album under the name Lykathe?
Still working on it, apparently. Who knows if it'll ever actually be released. Tomás Corn had injuries that prevented him from playing the drums for awhile. Not sure if they sorted themselves out.

An accordion intro to a black metal album. Word is one of the band members always sees this homeless man in Stockholm playing the accordion, so one day he recorded him on the street in one take.
Sounds pretty badass, may have to check that out

Enslaved - [RIITIIR #01] Thoughts Like Hammers [9:30]

New album rules

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Cannibal Corpse - [Evisceration Plague #07] Carnivorous Swarm [3:36]

I think this is the first LP I've ever played where I haven't been able to notice any pops or scratches. And it's a bloody picture disc at that. Then again picture disc sound quality has improved massively since they were first introduced.

I hear their discography is p. consistent, but where should I go next?

@Dawn you should probably stalk my choices too, though maybe CC isn't the best DM to start with if you haven't heard much before :monster: then again they are one of the genre's founding fathers :monster:

Last edited:

crevaxa

Pro Adventurer
AKA
MDL_0
I hear their discography is p. consistent, but where should I go next?

If you don't have the classic Chris Barnes albums then you need to get them. I'm talking specifically about Eaten Back to Life and Tomb of the Mutilated.

If you'd prefer another Corpsegrinder album, try Bloodthirst. For more recent stuff check out Kill. I remember that album being pretty good.

And I'd say CC is the perfect DM band to start with, except for you know Death. :monster:

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
The Bleeding is my personal favourite from the Barnes era, the Corpsegrinder era is for me a little bit more difficult to pick a favourite from. I always quite enjoyed Gore Obsessed. Last album Torture is good too.

Blut Aus Nord - Epitome XVI

Lex

Administrator

And in the process, having some very early childhood memories of playing this game with my dad. I used to cry whenever someone died and it showed you the graveyard with the new soldiers lining up to enlist. This was such an amazing game for the era, managing to be very tactical and fun, while getting across the political point that war is just really fucking stupid. The song is sarcastic, for anyone who hasn't played the game ^_^.

AMIGA FTW!

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop

And in the process, having some very early childhood memories of playing this game with my dad. I used to cry whenever someone died and it showed you the graveyard with the new soldiers lining up to enlist. This was such an amazing game for the era, managing to be very tactical and fun, while getting across the political point that war is just really fucking stupid. The song is sarcastic, for anyone who hasn't played the game ^_^.

AMIGA FTW!

I remember that game, :monster:. Not sure if my version had the theme song like that though.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
With regard to good starter DM bands I guess it depends on what you're looking for. If you want something old-school then yeah Death and CC are great starting points. If you're into prog then I'd recommend Opeth or Cynic or later Death or Lykathea Aflame or something like that.

Decapitated - [Winds of Creation #01] Winds of Creation [4:13]

Top Bottom