• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

What are you listening to?

The Idea, written by Patrick Olson | Music for Scientists (Original Song)

This video was produced with countless analog brushstrokes across three paintings by artist Jon Todd, captured in 15,000 sequential photographs. These photos were layered with performances by Patrick Olson, with key frames painted by Jon Todd, and processed through a form of machine learning called Neural Style Transfer. Director Jonathon Corbiere conceived, orchestrated and shepherded the entire project.
It's refreshing to hear a science-centric song about the search for the true nature of nature. The lyrics happen to strike a cord with my data mining- and hacking endeavors.

AKA
Alex

In the case of the second video, the lead singer just passed away from Parkinson's a few days ago -- and this HD version of the video was FINALLY released a month ago. One of my favorite Canadian New Wave tracks.

Jesus Christ, I've heard this before. I'm pretty sure from this thread.
Somehow it's worse the second time :monster:

Nah, it's even better!

BTW, there's a sequel.

AKA
Alex
I know what we need.

Bit of Emily Haines on a Saturday morning... :)

OGs remember the first couple years of Metric -- the wonderfully-insane, glorious ramblings and non-sequitors of Emily Haines, in the weirdest venues you could think of -- a CBC show that aired at 12:30 a.m. (Zed), as a guest vocalist on other bands' records (or just randomly showing up in cameos in music videos)... you name it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 13557

Stumbled upon this band today, and my god, they tick soo many of my boxes. The guitar lead starting at 0:38 is particularly exquisite, and the vocalist has such a gorgeous voice. Had a mildly shite day so something like this was much needed.

tenor.gif

Nandemoyasan

Standing guard
AKA
Johnny

When I was mixing my latest original song recording, I decided to look up "What is the #1 Modern Rock Song right now" on the Googles, and got this massive jackbooted kick in the teeth from Ms. Taylor Momsen and her outfit, the Pretty Reckless (featuring Tom fucking Morello of all people).

"The world does NOT belong to you,
You are NOT the king, I am NOT the fool.
The world does NOT belong to you,
It don't belong to you...
IT BELONGS TO ME."

Me:
1423a6847f7236d10d6001f5dececccc.gif

"Whoa"

Nandemoyasan

Standing guard
AKA
Johnny

< > RP LP RP
or
< > RP
or
> > RP
Are my go to combos.

My brother and I have a serious Jin/Hworang rivalry going to this day heh

Nanaki Skywalker

Kate Lord of the Sith
AKA
Tarkatan Trash

< > RP LP RP
or
< > RP
or
> > RP
Are my go to combos.

My brother and I have a serious Jin/Hworang rivalry going to this day heh
In Tekken 3 specifically, I prefer the Arcade BGMs.

But in Tekken 1 or 2, I could go either way. For example, with the Angkor Wat BGM from Tekken 1 which got reused in Tekken 2 as Kunimitsu's Stage BGM in the PS1 port.

Nandemoyasan

Standing guard
AKA
Johnny
In Tekken 3 specifically, I prefer the Arcade BGMs.

I weirdly loved both of those OSTs, to be frank. I am going to do the not-internet thing and agree with you, and just say that Now I Am Listening To This:

From a DBZ Genesis Game I imported a long time ago, that was my introduction to the series; before that I had only a passing awareness of it.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
For the Nujabes fans in here.

Haruka Nakamura is very talented. I'm not for sure if he actually played the instruments in this tribute or not. The original piano keys being played in this song, were sampled from a Noriko Kose song called "I Miss You." Haruka Nakamura did play the guitar on a few songs of Nujabes' while he was alive.
Reflection Eternal was the first song I ever heard by Nujabes almost 10 years ago. This tribute to him is very beautiful

Last edited:

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
I've been on a big Mike Oldfield kick of late, particularly Ommadawn. But relistening to Tubular Bells, man oh man that bass line in the intro sequence is so beautiful. For some reason it makes me think of Ecco the Dolphin. Awesome stuff.

Top Bottom