What do you wanna see next in the Complication?

Sheepy

Pro Adventurer
The holodecks idea is full of win. :monster:

But imagine that someone is playing FFVII for the first time and, knowing nothing about the story, decides to be Aerith. Ouch. :awesome:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
lulz, glad the Holodeck is fictional, if it was real there'd be people fucking around in them all day and nothing would get done.

In fact, all of Star Trek takes place in a holodeck, the people thar are just lost in their own imagined world in their post-WW3 bomb shelters.

Fallout reference right thar.

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
Heck, there may be holodecks by then. Then you could like, BE Cloud or Tifa or whoever--even try to jump around like Red XIII for shits and giggles.

I would honestly prefer it, if instead of being a pre-existing character, you could make your own character and become a new addition to the FFVII group.

BWAngel

Rebel without a Cause!!!
There is always going to be upsides and downsides to holodecks if and when they come out.

Anyway, one quick comment, I just finished playing my FFXIII demo (even though I had no fuckin' clue what they were saying) and I just want to say when they do make the Final Fantasy VII remake, I'd like to see it have a battle system similar to the demo.

Azuki

Capo Bastone
Before Crisis PSP game or Nintendo (doubt that but whatever) or at least an anime series about the Turks. More OVA's on The way to a smile, or a translated version of the book for us English speaking fans.

Other than that, maybe a remake, I'm partially for it, but more so against it, I don't want it to ruin the original game for me.

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA
Queen of Sunshine / QoS / Suiseiseki / Desudesudesu / Teva / Teva'ni
I definitely want to see an anime series of FFVII. I'm pretty sure someone already mentioned the idea in this thread. However I think an episodic account would be so much better than an anime short on one specific event. An FFVII remake or a "remastered" version on home consoles like the XBOX 360, PS3, and also the Wii would be epic. They wouldn't necessarily have to make many improvements, just possibly redo some minor translation errors and carry that over to the remake.

Although remaking it might be a tad tricky--I mean the nostalgia and the original charm all have to be there, for one thing. You have to keep the storyline the exact same way and making the characters in 3D without having them look weird would be necessary too.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Mine's not really specifics on the type of media, but these're my ideas of 2 more FFVII titles.

"Final Fantasy VII: Era of the Cetra"

Story: Starting just before, and covering the entirety of the initial incident with Jenova & the Cetra 2000 years before FFVII.

• It would provide some solid insight into the powers of the Cetra.

• We would get to witness the complete threat of Jenova when she was at her full power.

• Possibly some subtle little FFX tie-in hints in the background.

• The origins of magic / Materia.

• The origin of, and differences from the White & Black Materia, and other materia.

• More information about WEAPONS, and Minerva.

• Information about the life cycle of Planets, and how it all ties together with Planetary entities from other worlds fighting (Jenova/Minerva)

----------------------------

"Final Fantasy VII: Final Conflict"

Story: Starting XX number of years after DoC, involving the remaining loose ends left throughout the Compilation so far. Eventually resultuing in finally, definitively ridding Gaia of Jenova's threat.

• Since most of the conflicts aside from this have been resolved, (the Sephiroth one's questionable), it would be interesting to see it take place a number of years later so that the main characters would have actually settled into their lives a little bit since the end of DoC, and also show how the world's been adapting to a life without Mako.

• Genesis:
- What he was doing under Midgar, and why he declined taking part with anything involving Deepground.
- What his current objectives are after his encounter with Minerva.
- What he's been up to during the amount of time after leaving with Weiss.
- What

• Nanaki:
- What became of Deneh (Before Crisis Ep: 18)
- What he's learned in his travels.
- The status of the Planet's health.

• Vincent:
- His meetings with Nanaki could be used as a good starting point for the game.
- If Chaos was truely destroyed.
- What he's been doing after DoC

• With Vincent / Nanaki / Genesis having a past with ShinRa, some of the old past history of the company could be explored.

• Those three also have a past that is tied closely into the Life of the Planet, and could reveal additional plot elements.

• The W.R.O. would be able to be a large part of the story, as well as the remaining ShinRa benefactors. It would even be interesting to have them as characters, and have ShinRa truely make up for the damage it's done by finally destroying the evil that they brought back upon it.

• Denzel & Marlene could be more grown, and could have some involvement depending on the time that it's set, since they're closely tied in to the original characters.

X :neo:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
hahaha, and you even keep the alphabetic thing going I see.

Era of the Cetra would be pretty cool, it would be a totally difference look at FF7's world. For obvious reasons of course being that it was so long ago, and though it goes without saying, it would be interesting to see Gaia with not one familiar character (besides Jenova). I wonder about the kind of game it would be, and OVA might be easier. But an RPG with a team of all new, Cetra characters could definitely be interesting. They wouldn't be able to resist making one the spitting image of Aeris, I know that though...

As for the final one, all those points are interesting and I would like them to clear up, but its not quite enough for an overarching plot, just parts of it. Except perhaps Genesis, who, it would appear, is being built up as the catalyst for something anyway.

I'm perfectly okay with the break, but I am eager to see what they come up with.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Hehehe, yeah. The alphabet thing made me get creative.

The first one's actually the one that I'd be most excited to look into. I ran out of ideas for how to wrap things up, and I'll gladly leave that the SE to pickup if/whenever they feel like it.

The first one could be a really interesting OVA, but I'd want it to be fairly detailed if it were. Oh - adding in the bits about the White & Black Materia.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Yeah, with them constructing the Temple and all that. Holy seems to have been rather unguarded, though I guess it does just come off as a useless magic materia to normal people. I wonder how long the Forgotten Capitol was a Capitol...if it ever was, they were nomads, after all. It could have just been built after the Calamity and they tried to cultivate the land...pretty intriguing stuff.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
And where the FUCK did they get a shell that big from? Was it a creature that they killed?

I think it'd be a pretty intense old Final Fantasy-like game, and a step back from the typical FFVII universe.

Smaddy

Green Mage
And where the FUCK did they get a shell that big from? Was it a creature that they killed?

I think it'd be a pretty intense old Final Fantasy-like game, and a step back from the typical FFVII universe.
I always assumed that the Forgotten Capitol was formerly a body of water (a lake or a sea/part of the ocean) that had dried up or drained and left behind all the stuff you see in FF7.

I'd like to see the Ancient game, actually. It would be interesting if at the end of it, they had a "2000 years later" and showed a little of when Dr Gast/ShinRa discovers Jenova.

I am going to stick to my feeling that Square's going to do something where Denzel and Marlene are the main characters in a spin-off or sequel. They just seem to totally be setting it up for that. I kind of hope they don't, because it's so blatant... but I wouldn't be surprised.

What I would like to see is-
- Animated versions of the OTWTAS entries. Denzel got his animated, and he wasn't even in FF7!
- Something else covering the rest of the AVALANCHE.
- Remake of FF7, duh. That holodeck thing sounds awesome! XD But really, I'd like to see a graphical/sound update, and retranslation. I wouldn't want them to change too much story-wise, though. It also would be kind of cool if they could do an online multiplayer version, where 3 people could join up and each person controls a character in battle.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
I was also thinking that EC could show some things with Nanaki's ancestors, back before there were so few of them, and possibly what lead to their near extinction. This would also allow some introduction to the Gi tribe, in a similiar way that Shinra was the enemy before Sephiroth - the Gi tribe could be the enemy before Jenova. It's let you get to know the world, and the combat system, and then introduce Jenova falling, and bring about the main conflict.

Having an after credit scene at the end of the "Era of the Cetra" where the darkness is peeled away by digging into the rocks, and showing the discovery of Jenova 2000 years later would be amazing. It would tie in the Synthesis and Reunion of Jenova to the game, and bring about the dark shadow that begins to creep into FFVII.

(It still blows my mind that Gast thought Jenova was a Cetra. You'd think that Elmyra should have been able to set that straight, since she was a half-Cetra... :\ )

I think that it would work really well if EC tied in to a followup OVA of the re-awakening of Jenova. That would let us get a look at the earliest, and possibly darkest era of Shinra's experimentation, and lead up to the events prior to Crisis Core, possibly ending with the Wutai War, and the large scale deployment of SOLDIER. The early experiments and events of Shinra are all story, and really don't offer much in terms of potential gameplay, but it's an incredibly interesting topic to look at, that I'd completely forgotten about. It's give us a better look at Gast, Lucrecia, Grimoire, Hojo, Hollander, Gillian, Elmyra, Vincent, young Aerith, and the Prisident all before AVALANCE or anyone else comes into the picture. We would also hopefully get to see the formation of the individual SOLDIER Squads discussed in Deepground. In addition to that, this also ties in heavily to the pasts of Vincent & Genesis, and could offer some bits of insight in to what they might bring in to another title like I suggested with "Final Conflict"

(Someone also should explain why Azul looks like a Guado)

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I think the next Compilation game should be

"Erotic Conflict: Final Fantasy VII"

Where Aerith and Tifa have a love making contest and try to best each other at lesbian sex, with Yuffie as the playing field.

I like the name "Final conflict". It would be better than calling it "Final Crisis", it's enough with two compilation titles having 'crisis' in them.

Telling the story of Jenova's arrival 2000 years prior would certainly be a game with a true Final Fantasy feel to it, but it would lack an FFVII feel without the main characters we know of from the present era. Therefore I think it only, at the most, deserves its own short-story or more revelations in a future Ultimania.

@Mako:
Wouldn't surprise me if you made such a flash game yourself :monster:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I think the next Compilation game should be

"Erotic Conflict: Final Fantasy VII"

Where Aerith and Tifa have a love making contest and try to best each other at lesbian sex, with Yuffie as the playing field.

I like your ideas, sir. :awesome:

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
I like the name "Final conflict". It would be better than calling it "Final Crisis", it's enough with two compilation titles having 'crisis' in them.

Telling the story of Jenova's arrival 2000 years prior would certainly be a game with a true Final Fantasy feel to it, but it would lack an FFVII feel without the main characters we know of from the present era. Therefore I think it only, at the most, deserves its own short-story or more revelations in a future Ultimania.

@Mako:
Wouldn't surprise me if you made such a flash game yourself :monster:

Agreed, I intentionally avoided using the word Crisis. xD

As for the Cetra title, I think that you're partially correct in the fact that it's so far detached from the rest of the FFVII Universe, it would be a bit strange as a Compilation title for them to actually make a game revolving around it. With the idea of having an OVA focus on the early era of Shinra, I think that as a game, it could balance the Post-FFX-Spira feeling with that of an Early-FFVII-Gaia feeling, and it could stand on its own fairly well. It's also be interesting to see a memeber or Nanaki's race who's older and wise, but not grandfatherly. A full grown warrior in his prime. As much as I agree with the possibility of the story being told in that format, I would much rather see it made as a game, simply to be able to explore the early FFVII world setting at my own pace, and take it all in, rather than have the information laid out in a linear format.

@Mako: *rolls eyes*

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
• Genesis:
- What

My sentiments exactly.

Genesis is the biggest enigma since slice bread and I'd like to know more about him tbh, especially since his entrapment and what happens after.

And I love the idea of Era of the Cetra. It wouldn't have to be a huge game, just another PSP game with minimum 5 hour playtime for general storyline but you could really branch out on it. The only downside to it would be the intro to some new Mary Sue Cetra who'd be the main chara, someone we've never once heard of just to interact with Jenova and get that POV.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
SE needs to hire you X so you can start working on this game, it sounds awesome. The Gi is a brilliant idea for an enemy, and full tribe of whatever Nanaki is would also be cool. Although, interestingly, with a >500 year lifespan, Nanaki is, at most, only 4 generations removed from the Calamity.
If you do get hired and write this game, don't mistake Ifalna for Elmyra though :monster:

Luna Lovegood said:
The only downside to it would be the intro to some new Mary Sue Cetra who'd be the main chara, someone we've never once heard of just to interact with Jenova and get that POV.

Don't forget she'll be Aeris' ancestor and look exactly like her.

I think the main character should be that weird-lookin'-midget-Cetra thing you see in the Temple of the Ancients :wacky:

Smaddy

Green Mage
Only problem with the Cetra game would be that it's like when the movie Titanic came out-- we all know what happens at the end. But then again, I guess it didn't stop them from coming out with Last Order and Crisis Core. XD

I'd also like to see a game set around the time where they discovered Jenova, and follow the paths of Gast & Co. I don't know how they'd work a group of scientists/archaeologists into an interesting game though. This scenario might work best as a movie or Ultimania.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
SE needs to hire you X so you can start working on this game, it sounds awesome. The Gi is a brilliant idea for an enemy, and full tribe of whatever Nanaki is would also be cool. Although, interestingly, with a >500 year lifespan, Nanaki is, at most, only 4 generations removed from the Calamity.
If you do get hired and write this game, don't mistake Ifalna for Elmyra though :monster:

Don't forget she'll be Aeris' ancestor and look exactly like her.

I think the main character should be that weird-lookin'-midget-Cetra thing you see in the Temple of the Ancients :wacky:

Olz @ my fuckup over Iflana/Elmyra. That's what I get for poasting while at work. :awesomonster:

If I don't get hired, I can stil write fake scripts, and "leak" them to the internet. :p

But seriously - It would be awesome to see. I might just write up a little thing of my own about what the story'd be like into an outline format, and see what people think, just because. I think that the Voice of the Planet would be a big theme - hearing the cries of the Planet for the first time after Jenova falls, and the Planet making weapons, not to mention Minerva in some form. I was also thinking about something where one of your Team members looks like they get killed, but recovers, only to discover later that it's Jenova masquerading to try and learn more about you to cause your downfall - possibly leading to how a large portion of Nanaki's race was wiped out. It's something I've been thinking up for a long time actually. I'll see about poasting more details/ideas this weekend.

(it'll be good to fill my spare time with something, as my brother just moved away to Seattle this morning, :( )

Only problem with the Cetra game would be that it's like when the movie Titanic came out-- we all know what happens at the end. But then again, I guess it didn't stop them from coming out with Last Order and Crisis Core. XD

I'd also like to see a game set around the time where they discovered Jenova, and follow the paths of Gast & Co. I don't know how they'd work a group of scientists/archaeologists into an interesting game though. This scenario might work best as a movie or Ultimania.

We only know some bare bones details about that point in time. I think there's lots to flesh out a game with.

I think that the Jenova re-discovery point in time would make a really good OVA - super linear storyline, and tons of room for details, but not really as open for gameplay.

ForceStealer

Double Growth

Based on what we know, it doesn't really have a sharp end like Crisis Core did. The Cetra's demise was a gradual one as some among them began forfeiting their powers for a more stable life. A game could end at any time in the Cetra Era, though I would imagine it would end with Jenova's defeat and sealing, perhaps noting the first Cetra deciding on a permanent home.

On a Final Fantasy note, it would be interesting to win a game by sealing a villian rather than killing it. In FF games, you're always killing the evil that was previously sealed.

wayfarer

ACF Refugee
AKA
Fenrir/Cerberus
I said it once, I said it twice, I quite possibly said it a third time, I will say it again. More OVAs, particularly ones about Vincent's time when he was Lucrecia's body guard, as well as all of the OWTNS.

Top Bottom