What games are you currently playing?

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Liiiike..... dis? :monster:
270142-aow_001.jpg
This is the first one, and has the most hexagonly graphics ever. :awesome: I just checked screenshots of the 3rd one and now I'm tempted to buy it.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
^While I think there should be more story to Lightning Returns, I'll admit that I had a lot of fun with the world and the gameplay. I think it's worth a play, if you haven't played it yet.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Liiiike..... dis? :monster:
270142-aow_001.jpg
This is the first one, and has the most hexagonly graphics ever. :awesome: I just checked screenshots of the 3rd one and now I'm tempted to buy it.

That's the first one, yeah, I don't know if I played it. I did the second, which IMO has prettier graphics <3

Age-of-Wonders-2-Review-1.jpg

The art style is similar in the 3rd though. I'm gonna wait until it's on sale or pirateable though.

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
Last post about Tales of Symphonia (maybe)

So, the last two dungeons were unexpectedly pretty good, but I still have mixed feelings about this game. They played the 'everybody gets trapped' card at least once more than they needed to, though. I was just picturing Zelos at a control panel trolling him whittling down the party for the hell of it. Bosses were all tough and dangerous, though.

Everything my party does makes the situation worse! Everyone that is nice to us has something horrible happen to them, the only nation that is completely supportive gets destroyed after we screw up, Luin is not hostile to us and also gets destroyed soon after we arrive there (or just before we got there if I hadn't got lost. My hometown gets slaughtered after we screw up, and remains unscathed after I get exiled. And they talk about how the world doesn't need sacrifices. Every time we try to save the world we generally mess it up even worse until the endgame. Although maybe that was the point?

I feel like I missed some important subquests. Kuchinawa's duel, (in which he tore me apart) was a fantastic snippet, but there weren't enough other ones like that. I'd have liked Kratos' duel to follow the same mould. Kept returning to the hot spring in the hope something would happen there. And in the end I got to have a bath and accidentally get caught sneaking into the girls(not funny to me, sorry). I never got to go deeper into Regal's Mine, and I know I missed something there.

I don't want to spend all my time whining, some aspects of this were brilliant, but I had very mixed feelings about this game, some of which I know are because I didn't play it properly.

Don't suppose anyone's interested if I made an LP thread about Dawn of the New World?

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
The makers of World of Goo and My Little Inferno have come out with their next game, Human Resource Machine. It's pretty much a game that revolves around computer programming with all the annoying parts of syntax removed so you can focus on the actual logic behind the programming.

Kionae

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Desha
Just started Batman: Arkham Knight... but I haven't had much time for it due to Halloween prep. Plus AC Syndicate is coming in like... a week or so, so Arkham Knight might get put on hold.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Started Neverwinter, I was fortunate enough to have a Exp 2x event right off the bat. Now that it's over I've quickly progressed past what it suitable for my level. Still, finally getting what all this Drow stuff is all about.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Last post about Tales of Symphonia (maybe)

So, the last two dungeons were unexpectedly pretty good, but I still have mixed feelings about this game. They played the 'everybody gets trapped' card at least once more than they needed to, though. I was just picturing Zelos at a control panel trolling him whittling down the party for the hell of it. Bosses were all tough and dangerous, though.

Everything my party does makes the situation worse! Everyone that is nice to us has something horrible happen to them, the only nation that is completely supportive gets destroyed after we screw up, Luin is not hostile to us and also gets destroyed soon after we arrive there (or just before we got there if I hadn't got lost. My hometown gets slaughtered after we screw up, and remains unscathed after I get exiled. And they talk about how the world doesn't need sacrifices. Every time we try to save the world we generally mess it up even worse until the endgame. Although maybe that was the point?

I feel like I missed some important subquests. Kuchinawa's duel, (in which he tore me apart) was a fantastic snippet, but there weren't enough other ones like that. I'd have liked Kratos' duel to follow the same mould. Kept returning to the hot spring in the hope something would happen there. And in the end I got to have a bath and accidentally get caught sneaking into the girls(not funny to me, sorry). I never got to go deeper into Regal's Mine, and I know I missed something there.

I don't want to spend all my time whining, some aspects of this were brilliant, but I had very mixed feelings about this game, some of which I know are because I didn't play it properly.

Don't suppose anyone's interested if I made an LP thread about Dawn of the New World?

Dawn of the New World is an interesting game. I think if you get past the beginning, it gets better; the beginning is kind of...slow and monotonous.
I haven't played the whole story in years; started it last year (or early this year?) and didn't get to finish it, so I still don't remember it much.
I think the main concept and story is interesting, but I still liked the first one better.
Oh, and they changed some of the VA's, which was hard to deal with since you hear their voices in ToS for so long.

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
In Izoold ATM.

Lloyd's new voice is very noticeable.

I love the concept
Saving the world brings a host of new problems
, but as yet I'm still neutral towards Dawn. A lot of...sidetracking quests, like that kid that managed to get lost behind about fifteen elevators and laser grids, three keycards, multiple locked doors and at least one flooded out room full of monsters.

I was kinda unfair to Symphonia in my last post, it's one of my favourite types of plots (deconstruction without hating everything), and there was a lot in it to like. While Dawn is good, the small party isn't as fun to be around so far, even though they're self aware about the split personality and Marta's supercrush.

Prediction:
Either Emil or shapeshifted Tenebrae slaughtered Palmacosta.
Emil doesn't remember his life and nobody in the town recognises him, which makes him something else using the identity. On the whole, I don't trust Tenebrae. Given what happened in the last game I'm not sure the quest is a the right thing to do.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I just started Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, co-op mode. It's really, really good. It reminds me of Prince of Persia: the Sands of Time, one of my favourite games. The combat is pretty repetitive - in both games - but that's probably my only criticism so far.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
I have been playing MediEvil for a Halloween game playthrough. This weekend I'll be playing for the first time ever Silent Hill 2. I also recently began Morrowind which I played before but never got far in (I'm talking I got to Balmora and then stopped). Journalling all this on my livejournal of course.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Tales from the Borderlands finished up this week and it's the best thing Telltale have done. Hell I'd say it's probably the best story of any game this year it was that well-executed. Much enjoy.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
My sister showed me Rocket League last night. I'm addicted to hell.

tangerine

B ● A ● N ● A ● N ● A
AKA
Val
Pokemon Y. :V I'm playing around with the Friend Safari, trying to find someone that has a Luxio. No luck so far. :[

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
My sister showed me Rocket League last night. I'm addicted to hell.

Rocket League is valid, although for me personally it gets old/repetitive after a little while; it'd be neat if you got more unlockables or something like that, rewards for playing.

Hisako

&#28040;&#12360;&#12394;&#12356;&#12402;&#12373;&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
YO ASURA'S WRATH IS SO FUCKING SICK HOLY SHIT

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
Finished Dawn of the New World.

I was expecting to have a better reason for Marta clinging to me so hard. In general a decent game, they're self aware about their character types, and I love the whole reconstructiony concept. (Saving the world causes a host of new problems, but that doesn't mean it's not worth doing.)Also love the intro sequence, I watch it almost every time I log in.

Hisako

&#28040;&#12360;&#12394;&#12356;&#12402;&#12373;&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Bought it for 10 dollars at JB on a whim

Best impulse purchase I've ever made

Top Bottom