What games are you currently playing?

Fangu

Great Old One
Nearing 70 hours played and I still haven't finished the game. Currently too busy disco dancing and getting pissed in all the bars.

This game. Seriously.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I finally (after what, twenty years? loloo) splurged on a nintendo DS, after spending a few years in transit frustrated at the lack of enjoyable offline games on my mobile game, or fucking about with my laptop, etc, :closedmonster:.

I got a *breath in* New Nintendo 2DS XL model, it's actually a pretty good deal IMO in that you pay ~150 euros for a dual screen (bigger than my €800 phone) internet connected device with a huge backlog of games.

Now I just need to find a cheap source of games, :monster:. Although I should finish the ones I got first. (I got a pokemanz game and a zelda game for starters. I never played any pokemanz since I got burnout from Red, and I played that one on PC like a loser loloo)

Miicah

Rookie Adventurer
AKA
Marie
Currently in the middle of playing Pillars of Eternity!

I got into Critical Role during this current campaign and they had the whole promotion for the second Pillar's game that they're all voicing in, and since that doesn't come out on console until the end of the year I thought I'd catch up and play the first one in the mean time! It's like what I'd imagine D&D to be but in a video game!

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Currently in the middle of playing Pillars of Eternity!

I got into Critical Role during this current campaign and they had the whole promotion for the second Pillar's game that they're all voicing in, and since that doesn't come out on console until the end of the year I thought I'd catch up and play the first one in the mean time! It's like what I'd imagine D&D to be but in a video game!
Ah! Exact same story hear, if you got tips for a playthrough let me know!

Fangu

Great Old One
I just finished Yakuza 0
BGwr.gif

I'm exhausted. What a ride!! Can't wait to play more from the series. I'm glad I played it completely blind without knowing anything about the series, even who the main protagonis(t) is/are.

There's some stuff I still want to do but I'm taking a break now. My Valkyria Chronicles 4 pre order just became available :D

Miicah

Rookie Adventurer
AKA
Marie
Ah! Exact same story hear, if you got tips for a playthrough let me know!
Heeeey, cool! =D Have you started a playthrough already or no?

If it’s your first time through, definitely read everything. Pillars is lore heavy and the voice acting is actually pretty sparse compared to the more recent Final Fantasies, so everything’s pretty much written. So much so that it’s almost overwhelming the amount of info they throw at you. Skim through things if you have to, but 100% pay attention during conversations—some of your choices affect the storyline.

Scout your way through dungeons. Whether it’s to find hidden treasures, traps on the floor or in chests, or sneak up on enemies, going stealth (scouting) in dungeons is a life saver.

When you figure out your party composition, figure out who will specialize in what. Some attributes like Survival are good for everyone, but you'll be wasting points if everyone had high mechanics (for lock picking and such).

I hope you enjoy playing it!

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Anyone still playing Disgaea 5?

....Anyone?
This is so strange. I came to this thread today just to mention that I started playing Disgaea 5 again and am absorbed.

How far in are you. In the late game? I'm on a fresh playthrough.

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
I'm wayyyy DEEP in postgame... I've been grinding my character classes like a madman but it takes forever to setup stuff to a point that feels like progress.

Reactions: Joe

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I (finally) got South Park: the Fractured Butthole, it's entertaining :monster:. I mean you get two (!) dedicated buttons for farting.

ChOcOboO

Game-changer
Currently playing God Of War III (Remastered). Now I can finally understand the appeal as a hack-and-slash series, although Devil May Cry still holds that crown for me.

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
If this isn't a reason to play Guilty Gear as a fighting game series, I don't know what is:

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
Um, can anyone tell me where I can find the Super Smash Bros thread if there is one? I can't seem to find it.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie

Miicah

Rookie Adventurer
AKA
Marie
Just finished PoE and thinking of starting Dishonored. Gonna try for a Clean Hands/Ghost playthrough! Stealth games are not my usual genre but I'm gonna try!

Ghost X

Played a card game called The Mind. Didn't read the rules, but my friend told me we had to put cards down without communicating to each other, which just neeever happens, as I can't hold a poker face. A fun game that I can imagine becoming bored with quite quickly.

Played a game called Keyforge, from the makers of MTG, and to my understandings it is made for a broader audience than MTG. Once you know what you're doing it is pretty fun to play. I enjoyed it and decided to buy a card deck.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I've "finished" MHW - there's still a bunch of endgame content but at the moment I think I'm good. The connection issues on startup are really fucking annoying tbh.

I've got Yakuza Kiwami from PS Plus, played that for a bit - so far, more like a movie with some walking / fighting (in terms of gameplay) in between.

And I've just browsed Steam; my recommendations are still the same for some reason but eh. Just bought Oxygen Not Included, let's see what's up.

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
Tetris Effect.

While the pricetag was offputting at first, this video changed my mind. They really put a lot of effort in to the game.

Worth the amount, seriously.

I beat Hollow Knight recently (got the Dream No More ending). I think I just got lucky and eventually had a run where the order of the final bosses attacks happened in such a way that was a bit easier to dodge, because there were attempts where I just got straight up wrecked; I was shaking from adrenaline for like five minutes afterwords :monster: . I still have things left to do like the Trial of the Fool and the Grimm Troupe DLC (and there's Godmaster, too, but I don't plan on making a serious attempt at the boss rushes), so I'll give those a try, too. It's for sure one of the best games I've ever played (also, the amount of content for the $15 price is pretty nuts), definitely check it out if you're into metroidvania games.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Oxygen Not Included consumed my life for about a week, :monster:. I'm ehhh about it now I think. Maybe i'll pick it up again at some point later, there's still quite a few things I can do. I don't like it not really having something I need to work towards though.

Eve: Valkyrie was on sale on the ps store, I played that for a bit. It was okay; it's lacking a singleplayer campaign or any kind of significant progression, you get all the ships (I think) available from the start so that just brings it back to an arena space shooter of sorts, and I don't feel strongly about space battles, it really feels like I'm turning around the whole time trying to catch one of the enemies in my sights. I approve of the effort though. And maybe it works better in VR, I don't know. And I feel sadfeis that CCP hasn't been able to really break through in any of their sideline games yet; maybe if they managed to add story, or persistence and RPG like elements like in the main Eve game, or... idk. They could take Planetary Interaction and turn it into a base building game, where resources earned from that is linked back to your character in eve. Maybe. IDK.

I saw God of War was on sale too, I really need to stop buying digital-only games though, I prefer having disks. Although I'm sure this game just wouldn't work anymore if I pop it into an old PS4 in twenty years due to online services no longer being available, or something.

Top Bottom