What games are you currently playing?

Odysseus

Sweet Potato
AKA
Ody
Like, it's just weird to me how much effort went in. There's 6 FF7 characters (though Zack is just a clone of Cloud as far as moves go,) complete with Alternate Costumes like Shinra Grunt Cloud, Cowgirl Tifa, Shirtless Sephiroth, and Turk Vincent. Even Yuffie has an alt that's a reference to an old piece of concept art were she wore red instead of green. The Gold Saucer is a stage you can fight on, too. The final boss in arcade mode is basically Red XIII 2.0, even fought in a lab that looks a lot like Hojo's.

I honest feel like they should've just thrown in Aerith, Barret, and Cid and made it a full-on FF7 fighting game lol.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Ehrgeiz was kinda a big deal in Japan.

It had all that effort put into it because it was also a cabinet arcade game in Japan and was popular back in it's day. Square wanted to make a strong impression and they did... Briefly. :monster:

The FFVII cast were totally there to build the hype for the game and get people interested. Love the game's artwork and character designs, even for their exclusive characters. The game sucks but it was fun and a unique piece of Squaresoft history.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Nomura's pure and refined anime style of the 90s.

Granted he still uses it sometimes. Just depends on the game. Kingdom Hearts still sorta has it. But he has evolved.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
No, that's new.

The bangs, his expression.... That's an unused CG model for Sephiroth. It has not appeared in anything else. More than likely made did Ehrgeiz but for some reason never used again.

Played the beginning of Phantasy Star 2 and 4 on a Sega emulator thing. I think I once hired a Phantasy Star game as a kid (or something with a battle screen very similar), but couldn't get into it for what ever reason. I liked PS4's visuals and UI better, as one would expect an improvement on an older title. Thing that bothered me was I couldn't understand what the spells and skills and stuff were, as they're all labelled in a 4 letter abbreviated form or something. Probably easy to find out, especially in the age of the internet, but I was half-arsing it and couldn't be arsed. Curious how long the games were to play, given the limited space on older systems. Dungeon crawlers on the Amiga were enormous, so storage capacity on a cartridge could be similarly deceiving, I guess.

I love Phantasy Star 4, the only one I played. THe spell names thing was kind of annoying, yes. I used this list until I got used to them. A basic thing to remember is that the prefixes "Gi-" and "Na-" are the equivalent of FF's "-ara" and "-aga," respectively.

AKA
Azzure, Hyades
Finally got around to playing and finishing Trails of Cold Steel 3 and 4. After that I got the urge to go back and revisit the first two games again.

It's kind of nice to see all the announcements about the other games in the series getting ported and re-released, kind of sucks that it's going to take a while for a localized version of the to hit the west, not to mention the next game in the series getting announced.

After I finish up with my replay of these, I'm going to have get into Death Stranding. I actually forgot this game even existed until I had the music video for Ludens pop up in my feed a few weeks ago.

Top Bottom