• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

What games are you currently playing?

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Nomura's pure and refined anime style of the 90s.

Granted he still uses it sometimes. Just depends on the game. Kingdom Hearts still sorta has it. But he has evolved.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
So I found this magazine ad
s-l1600.jpg
I don't think I've ever seen that render of Sephiroth before, anyone know where it's from?

Last edited:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
No, that's new.

The bangs, his expression.... That's an unused CG model for Sephiroth. It has not appeared in anything else. More than likely made did Ehrgeiz but for some reason never used again.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
It's just odd that they would make a new render for Sephiroth when all of Cloud's are reused from promo material for FF7 itself.

Ghost X

Played the beginning of Phantasy Star 2 and 4 on a Sega emulator thing. I think I once hired a Phantasy Star game as a kid (or something with a battle screen very similar), but couldn't get into it for what ever reason. I liked PS4's visuals and UI better, as one would expect an improvement on an older title. Thing that bothered me was I couldn't understand what the spells and skills and stuff were, as they're all labelled in a 4 letter abbreviated form or something. Probably easy to find out, especially in the age of the internet, but I was half-arsing it and couldn't be arsed. Curious how long the games were to play, given the limited space on older systems. Dungeon crawlers on the Amiga were enormous, so storage capacity on a cartridge could be similarly deceiving, I guess.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I love Phantasy Star 4, the only one I played. THe spell names thing was kind of annoying, yes. I used this list until I got used to them. A basic thing to remember is that the prefixes "Gi-" and "Na-" are the equivalent of FF's "-ara" and "-aga," respectively.

Asterisk

AKA
Azzure, Hyades
Finally got around to playing and finishing Trails of Cold Steel 3 and 4. After that I got the urge to go back and revisit the first two games again.

It's kind of nice to see all the announcements about the other games in the series getting ported and re-released, kind of sucks that it's going to take a while for a localized version of the to hit the west, not to mention the next game in the series getting announced.

After I finish up with my replay of these, I'm going to have get into Death Stranding. I actually forgot this game even existed until I had the music video for Ludens pop up in my feed a few weeks ago.

Ghost X

Not exactly on topic (see: not currently playing) but an arcade game I played once about 23-24 years ago at a mall had such an impact on me (certainly compared to other games I only played for a few minutes), and I just found the name of it: Virtual On. I don't even remember if the gameplay was great, just the mech elements and visual sequences were very influential for me.

Last edited:

BlueCollarNerd

Pro Adventurer
Trying Albion Online. Anyone ever played it? Been working on crafting and find it rather relaxing gathering materials for an hour or so before bed. Combo seems fun but haven't really spent much time fighting. Seems like it could be a fun sandbox to play in, but it's definitely a grind.

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
Not exactly on topic (see: not currently playing) but an arcade game I played once about 23-24 years ago at a mall had such an impact on me (certainly compared to other games I only played for a few minutes), and I just found the name of it: Virtual On.

Oh hell yeah, I recently played Virtual On (at an arcade too, granted that arcade was inside of Yakuza 2 :wacky:). I was not good at it.

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
About to go challenge the last boss of No More Heroes III. Looking forward to it, Prince FU is definitely the best villain yet in the series.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i just started remothered tormented fathers which i got on sale

when the player character says she can’t take anymore of this, that’s me having to look at mr felton’s scrawny old man ass while i am hiding under a chair

why does he keep bending over

Top Bottom