What games are you currently playing?

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
Asura's Wrath demo - preordered full game, this is awesome.

BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend - completed the Calamity Trigger: Reconstruction section. Ragna vs Unlimited Nu, Perfect victory, Astral Finish.
Tried Relius Clover's arcade mode; fittingly for a guy whose life is based on rationality, he has trouble fighting batshit insane characters (ie Arakune and Unlimited Hazama).

Am now regretting playing CSII, though, as I'm having to replay the old stuff to unlock the new, and... I KNOW IT ALL. I feel like Rachel Alucard in Calamity Trigger... or Yuki Nagato in the Endless Eight arc.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Marathon Phoenix. It's a great scenario, but the difficulty curve is rather... random. The first couple of levels are freaking cakewalks, then there's a level that's absurdly difficult, then there are levels that are significantly easier, then there are more difficult levels. Or maybe I'm just better at certain skills in this game than others.

I am also attempting to replay Infinity with keyboard and mouse (I have been almost exclusively a keyboard-only player for almost the entirety of the time I've been playing Marathon; there was a brief time in like 1998 where I played using keyboard and mouse, but I lost the key settings I was using and never bothered remaking them, so it's a skill I've lost). Thus far it's not going very well.

A bunch of other stuff too. I should really pick Skyward Sword back up.

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa
Gone back to FFXIII to get the 'Treasure Hunter' trophy, as I'm OCD like that. It's the only one I missed. Thankfully, I have all the Dark Matters I need and have only the weapons to collect. If there's another criticism that could be levied at this game it's the lack of access to gil. Slaying giant tortoises in the hopes they'll drop ingots isn't my idea of post-game fun.

Russell

.. ? ..
AKA
King of the Potato People
Replaying Silent Hill 2. Amazing game. I'm so happy my PS2 still works after all these years.. c:

I know that the HD remake of SH2 & SH3 is just to make me pay for a game I already have, but I want it anyway. :wacky:

all+_f34aac1c71908d337a654b06102f38bd.jpg

Also I'm playing Fallout New Vegas Ultimate edition until Mass Effect 3 comes out. One of the challedges' is to cripple Caesars head with a throwing spear, it's called "even a God-King can bleed" & another is to Kill Mr House with a golf club: "A Slave Obeys..." :lol:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Gone back to FFXIII to get the 'Treasure Hunter' trophy, as I'm OCD like that. It's the only one I missed. Thankfully, I have all the Dark Matters I need and have only the weapons to collect. If there's another criticism that could be levied at this game it's the lack of access to gil. Slaying giant tortoises in the hopes they'll drop ingots isn't my idea of post-game fun.

I did that for a little bit, but I switched to a method I preferred. Cie'th mission 24 "A Potent Sting" is on the 5th floor of Taejin's Tower. The mark is literally RIGHT next to the stone. For winning you get 6 moonblossom seeds and the battle takes between 6 and 15 seconds depending on preemptive striking. Because I'm a dork I worked out the math and doing that battle and selling all the moonblossom seeds when you have 99 will net you the same amount of gil per hour on average as waiting for Adamantoises to drop ingots.
And it feels less frustrating because you're at least always getting something to sell.

AvecAloes

Donator
Ok, finished Crisis Core, and have immediately jumped into a play through of FFVII with Force. It is amazing how having just come out of CC puts a different (and enlightened) spin on things. Also, last night we went through the part where you run into the Turks outside of Gongaga...I see now where all of the Turk shipping came from, haha. Tonight we're going to head into the dungeon after Cosmo Canyon...I think I'll keep the tissues close for the end of that :'(

Fangu

Great Old One
^ Awesome! I haven't even played CC *hangs head in shame*
But that's mostly because that tiny PSP screen makes my eyes go blind.

So is anyone getting the new SSX game? I've been replaying SSX3 a little for warm up, and I'll probably go get the game today.

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa
I did that for a little bit, but I switched to a method I preferred. Cie'th mission 24 "A Potent Sting" is on the 5th floor of Taejin's Tower. The mark is literally RIGHT next to the stone. For winning you get 6 moonblossom seeds and the battle takes between 6 and 15 seconds depending on preemptive striking. Because I'm a dork I worked out the math and doing that battle and selling all the moonblossom seeds when you have 99 will net you the same amount of gil per hour on average as waiting for Adamantoises to drop ingots.
And it feels less frustrating because you're at least always getting something to sell.

Mmm, I did that for a little bit, but it's a similar case with the Behemoth vs. that other beast in Gran Pulse when you're farming CP. Although, technically it offers more CP per hour, it feels far more repetitive doing the same mini-battle over and over, when you can bag 150,000 gil/80,000 CP in one shot with the tortoise. If you catch my drift?

AvecAloes

Donator
Fangu said:
^ Awesome! I haven't even played CC *hangs head in shame*
But that's mostly because that tiny PSP screen makes my eyes go blind.
honestly, I thought it would be difficult to use the PSP because of the "small" screen, but I was really pleasantly surprised while I was using it. They really utilized the size of the screen and the quality of the graphics, as well as the general design of the game, the best ways that I think they could, and I never had any issues with it. That of course didn't stop me from getting lost and turned around all the freaking time (in relation to where I was and what direction I should be going, particularly after battles), but I can't really blame the game for that. :monster:

Fangu

Great Old One
honestly, I thought it would be difficult to use the PSP because of the "small" screen, but I was really pleasantly surprised while I was using it. They really utilized the size of the screen and the quality of the graphics, as well as the general design of the game, the best ways that I think they could, and I never had any issues with it. That of course didn't stop me from getting lost and turned around all the freaking time (in relation to where I was and what direction I should be going, particularly after battles), but I can't really blame the game for that. :monster:
I've been playing some of the old SNES FF games on the PSP through an emulator (FF6 and FF7. Also Zelda, but the game crashed). If I sit in a well lit room with my reading glasses on (oh my... auntie Hilda much :lol:) it's okay, but I prefer playing old games on the TV, even if the resolution is really bad.

Oh and on earning cash in FF13 - I prefer the Adamantoise method. All thanks to Fang's Highwind :P

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Yeah I got pretty efficient at killing the Adamantoises...but it was just so frustrating to me all the battles that resulted in nothing. I preferred the more sure, if slower, revenue stream. And by the time I was gil farming for Treasure Hunter my characters were maxed so CP wasn't an issue. I guess that changes the dynamic a bit

And Fangu, there is the adapter to hook your PSP up to the TV. I'm sure it doesn't do wonders for the game's resolution...but it's an option I guess. But I never had problems playing CC. If the small screen "makes your eyes bleed" I don't know why you'd struggle playing old PS1 era pixelly games on it but not try a game that was expressly made for it :monster:

Last edited:

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa
Yeah I got pretty efficient at killing the Adamantoises...but it was just so frustrating to me all the battles that resulted in nothing. I preferred the more sure, if slower, revenue stream. And by the time I was gil farming for Treasure Hunter my characters were maxed so CP wasn't an issue. I guess that changes the dynamic a bit

Another strategy (and one I will surely use later on) is to sell EVERYTHING you own - except for what you need to upgrade ofc. Then once you've got what you need, see the robot in Oerba and get the trophy.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
When I thought I was done, I realized I had missed ONE of Lightning's weapons, and that's what I did to get it, just sold off all my accessories, haha.

Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped (1998)
Platform: PS1
Developer: Naughty Dog

Great 2.5D platformer that almost always lets the player themselves discover the controls. Really enjoying it. 75% of gameplay becomes playing each stage in Time Trial mode over and over again until you get below a certain record set by the game. With stages that usually take less than two minutes to complete, I think this "artificial lengthening" of the game is still quite fair.

I can only nitpick, such as the double-jump not always responding as you wish or that the camera should have been set further back in the stages where you run from a triceratops.

73% completion thus far.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Bioshock 2. I want to enjoy it, I really do, but the combat just doesn't feel natural or responsive or - I dunno - fun. Just like the first actually. The atmosphere and visual style is still a winner, but not (for me, 'cause I'm picky) enough to convince me to finish the game.

At least it doesn't crash my video card like the first one did :awesome:

Lex

Administrator
Wipeout HD + Fury. One of my freebies from last year when the PSN went down.

I have a gold medal on absolutely everything except the Meltdown Sebenco Climb single race. I can't get better than a silver, and I fucking hate sebenco climb. Makes me tear my hair out.

I'm only passing time until I can play ME3 on Thursday/Friday. Also played the PSN Lemmings today, finally completed it. Wasn't too impressed by it.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Marathon Phoenix. This game is stomping on my nuts. Shamefully, I think I'm going to have to decrease the difficulty setting. This is probably the first time I've had to do that for a Marathon scenario since Red.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
MASS EFFECT 3

SMOOCHIN MY TURIAN BOYFRIEND

NO REGRETS

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
In an effort to salvage what little remains of my pride I am replaying Marathon 2 on a higher difficulty setting than normal (Major Damage). I have a solitary Pfhor fighter to kill on "Eat It, Vid Boi!" and the only level thus far that has given me much trouble is "Nuke and Pave" (mostly because I kept trying to take out Troopers with inadequate weapons before I gave up on the idea). I could probably have beat this most recent level on Total Carnage without any real trouble, but some of the other levels might have posed somewhat bigger problems. I'm not looking forward to the Pfhor ship levels on Durandal's ship though; those are probably going to be pretty difficult.

Shakarian

dem titans
AKA
Palumpolum, Jack the Ripper, Colonel AI, laurash65, Re-L Mayer
Mass Effect 3 :awesome:

Also playing through some old Crash Bandicoot games, those were awesome.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
Asura's Wrath - this game is insane. :D

Lumina

a pokémon.
AKA
Bayleef, Jessica
Catherine. Its my next-to-Platinum game. Right now I'm dealing with the Rapunzel puzzle. Since I only got five (Approximately) left, and three of them are related to Rapunzel.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
In an effort to salvage what little remains of my pride I am replaying Marathon 2 on a higher difficulty setting than normal (Major Damage). I have a solitary Pfhor fighter to kill on "Eat It, Vid Boi!" and the only level thus far that has given me much trouble is "Nuke and Pave" (mostly because I kept trying to take out Troopers with inadequate weapons before I gave up on the idea). I could probably have beat this most recent level on Total Carnage without any real trouble, but some of the other levels might have posed somewhat bigger problems. I'm not looking forward to the Pfhor ship levels on Durandal's ship though; those are probably going to be pretty difficult.

Now on "For Carnage, Apply Within," which is handing my ass to me. Probably because I don't remember where anything is on this level at all. "Sorry Don't Make It So," which I had previously believed to be by far the most difficult level in the game, wasn't difficult at all. I didn't even die once. "If I Had a Rocket Launcher, I'd Make Somebody Pay", which is also typically believed to be one of the hardest levels of the game, was also pretty easy; while I once came close to dying, I didn't. The only other level I had difficulty with was "Six Thousand Feet Under".

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Asura's Wrath - more-or-less completed this now, on easy. Just have to beat the true ending (and then maybe again to get a rank of A or S). Actually, got that far Sunday, just haven't seemed to find the time to finish it since then.

Yasha's cool. And so's his corvette. :awesome:

Top Bottom