What games are you currently playing?

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
vguc2e.jpg

nvv69.jpg

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
Neverwinter Nights. A module based on the old school game "Eye of the Beholder". I'm enjoyin it so far :D

Dee

sweet dee
AKA
Bun, Academic
Mafia 2. I know it's just like GTA, but I really like anything involved with gangster-esque/mafia stuff, especially in the 30s, 40s and into the 50s which is when this game takes place. The story, to me, is actually pretty good.
I liked that it was a bit more realistic in that the main character was not necessarily a hero, but a typical member/pawn/whatever you want to call him of the mafia. I read some commentary where these guys were bitching about how much they wished Vito would have at least some kind of remorse or guilt or momentary hesitation before he took his orders and killed many a man, but that's just not how it works and I think they captured what the life of a mobster is like or at least akin to that of one.
Also, I cannot wait for L.A. Noire to come out. My God, I hope it doesn't disappoint.

Last edited:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Mafia 2. I know it's just like GTA
Lol no it's not. For a couple of reasons I won't mention because spoilers, but Mafia 2 isn't really an open world game. It's just a linear action shooter taking place in a really big city. There's no real free roaming and pretty much NOTHING else to do in Empire City outside the story.

Yes, the story is very good.

Dee

sweet dee
AKA
Bun, Academic
I was talking in terms of game play aside from really not having much else to do. It's not the best game I've ever played, but I'm considering replaying it on a more difficult level because I liked the story that much.

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
Dragon Age, which I am actually trying to finish now that my asshole friend isn't hogging it.
I'm thinking of
tossing Alistair out of the party and replacing him with Loghain.
is this a good idea y/n?

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Dragon Age, which I am actually trying to finish now that my asshole friend isn't hogging it.
I'm thinking of
tossing Alistair out of the party and replacing him with Loghain.
is this a good idea y/n?

It's worth a shot just to see what will happen at least once. If you're on your first playthrough you should probably play it safe though,.

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
Presently I am playing Tales of Phantasia and an indie rpg called Forever's End.

Tales has been all kinds of fun so far. The combat system is full of win, and the music is awesome. The difficulty has stayed at a moderate level so I feel challenged without being overwhelmed.

Forevers End has a damn intriguing plot so far, and surprisingly solid characters and developement. The soundtrack is good as well. The dificulty is up there a bit, but still within enjoyable parameters.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness - nothing of note.

BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger - finally completed arcade mode with Litchi Faye-Ling. Even better, finally managed to unlock and use her Astral Finish (watching them on youtube just isn't the same).

FFXIII - after having owned the game for a few months, I finally put it in the PS3 and played it for half an hour. I watched the "photo realistic" graphics of the FMV become Autons, got into a few battles, got pissed off with the over-simplified auto-jump system, and turned it off to watch Mock the Week. Which made several jokes at the Pope's expense.

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
It's worth a shot just to see what will happen at least once. If you're on your first playthrough you should probably play it safe though,.

I think I'll make an alternate save file before Landsmeet, then. It's just that so far he's been completely useless in battle despite my constant efforts, so I figure I won't miss him if he goes.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
I think I'll make an alternate save file before Landsmeet, then. It's just that so far he's been completely useless in battle despite my constant efforts, so I figure I won't miss him if he goes.
oh jesus he throws SUCH a hissy fit, at least he did in my game. he was leik 'OH WELL I DIDN'T LIKE YOU ANYWAYS IM GONNA MARRY ANORA SHES BETTER ANYWAYS AND SHES HUMAN' it's like okay bro you go do that.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Alistair is such a pussy, and yes he's the LEAST useful character in combat.

The DOG is more useful.

Twinnet

メリッサ
I'm not playing anything. I believe the last game I played was Naruto Shippuden Clash of Ninja Revolution 3.

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
Alistair is such a pussy, and yes he's the LEAST useful character in combat.

The DOG is more useful.

Fucking signed. Dog is my main tank, he actually survives battles and his AOE stun is the greatest thing ever.

oh jesus he throws SUCH a hissy fit, at least he did in my game. he was leik 'OH WELL I DIDN'T LIKE YOU ANYWAYS IM GONNA MARRY ANORA SHES BETTER ANYWAYS AND SHES HUMAN' it's like okay bro you go do that.
AHAHA
Yeah, I've seen -- I was watching some vids of the different outcomes, and my god he sounds like a complete asshole moaning and bitching. Hey Alistair, you know a really bad way to convince people you'd be a competent leader is to have a complete temper tantrum when things don't go your way.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
The guy is a cunt, he pokes and jabs at the main character with sarcastic remarks the entire game but can't handle when you do it to him.

ALISTAIR DISAPPROVES.

EAT A DICK NANCY.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger - defeated Unlimited Ragna. XD

Still can't get any where on Carl Clover's arcade mode. X[

Russell

.. ? ..
AKA
King of the Potato People
Couldn't wait for New Vegas so I'm on Fallout 3 again. :wacky:

Currently doing Moria's Guide. Got to research Rivet City's history next.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Shit I just remembered I never did end up completing the Wasteland Survival Guide.

Just another goal on my list at the end of the year. /sigh

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Still playing Halo Reach. Its had the same effect Mass Effect 2 had and caused me to quit WoW again.

Coincidently, I bought Mass Effect 2 yesterday because it was £15!

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Minesweeper

Dawn of War: Dark Crusade - created a Chaos warband, and slaughtered a bunch of Imperial Guard

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
Playing through FFVII again. More than ten years later, there's still something quite awe inspiring and solemn about this game.

Top Bottom