What games are you currently playing?

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Beat Enslaved: Odyssey to the West a few days back - one of my all time favourite games. The voice acting, facial animation and motion capture is the best I've heard/seen in...I think any game ever, really. The art direction is fantabulous, it's the prettiest, most colourful post-apocalyptic world ever, and the characters and story are excellent. Gameplay isn't complicated but still has some really challenging bits. Only downside is that it's short (~9 hours).

It also has one of the most hauntingly beautiful XMB menu songs ever and I actually just left it sitting on the menu for several hours at one point.

Currently still playing through Castlevania, which is proving to be very, very hard at some parts - which is quite alright.

I'm hoping to get both of these in November when I'm (hopefully) less broke. I loved the demos.

X :neo:

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
Given Heavenly Sword's spectacular presentation in these regards, I'd be pretty disappointed if it was anything less.

I've never actually played Heavenly Sword, though if it's anywhere near as good as Enslaved I might have to look into it.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Best facial animations I've seen in a game to date. Very close to the best acting too, Uncharted 2 might eek it out. But yeah, it's damn good in that regard.

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
It is amazing, and the demo doesn't really do it justice, but for sure you should download it when you get a chance.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger

"Dispatched in mankind's darkest hour... WE ARE THE KNIGHTS OF THE BLUE FLAME"

The original japanese release of Final Fantasy VII.

It's very interesting, what with the things it lack and have included in comparison to the later versions. No red or green arrows to show exits/entrances or ladders and no Ruby- or Emerald Weapon. A 'Test Battle' is included in the Corel Prison though, so I'm gonna enjoy beating monsters who never hit back and yet give ridiculous amounts of Gil (the EXP they give is moderate though).

Edit: I can not read a single word of Japanese, but that's not really necessary considering how many times I've played the English version.

Last edited:

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
That sounds cool, if only I had the paitence/intelligence to read Japanese. Durr, I didnt read the post properly. Never the less IF I could read and understand all the nuances of Japanese I think I'd probably gain a greater understanding of the plot as it was originally intended.

Games wot I am currently playing:

Parasite Eve 2 - I have noticed that Aya Brea is a bit um....bootylicious? Which is refreshing in a way. Reminds me of the song...Fat bottomed girls you make the rocking world go round!

Sadly it doesn't look that way for Parasite Eve 3rd Birthday :http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_XL7DNILu0Po/TFQyH4QyEDI/AAAAAAAACwg/dfcNAu3oQQQ/s1600/Aya+Brea.png Looks like shes been on Atkins! >:( Boo Hiss Boo!

Chrono Cross - on an emulator because Square didnt see fit to release it in the UK, so they can suck my left one.

Last Window Secret of Cape West - except my DS is fucked and I have to wait for special screwdrivers to fix it, which is a puzzle in itself so I shouldn't complain.

Last edited:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Sonic 4: Enjoying it quite a bit.

Castlevania SoTN: Yes, I've never played it.

And today I just got my copy of Civilization V, so there goes my week :monster:

Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness - Gamecube --> I could sit for hours and play Gale of Darkness. For some reason, the people I've talked to say that it sucks. I think it's not half-bad, and although it seems to follow the main GB storylines, the fact that you can get such a wide range of Pokemon makes me happy.

Super Smash Bros: Melee - Gamecube --> Just playing it here and there. I only need to unlock two more characters, and I have up to Level 39 beat on the Event Match thing.

Kingdom Hearts II - PS2 --> No explaination needed. I love KH, and II is one that I could play and never get bored of it. There's so many different ways that Sora could turn out, and I love it.

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
Neverwinter Nights - Hordes of the Underdark. I know, It's an oooold game, but I missed Valen ;3;

Bex

fresh to death
AKA
Bex
Been playing all sorts these days.

Dragon Age: Origins
Naruto Ninja Storm 2
Halo: Reach
CoD: MW2

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
~BLAZBLUE: CALAMITY TRIGGER - a little over a week until Continuum Shift is released, so I'm working on getting as many trophies as possible.

Managed to get the Dante (beat Arcade mode on Hell difficulty) and Beautiful Arakune (have a perfect match with Arakune) trophies over the weekend. =D

~DAWN OF WAR: DARK CRUSADE - what I cannot crush with words, I will crush with the tanks of the Imperial Guard!

LadyVedder

Master Vincent Glomper
Fable II waiting on Fable III to be released along with Fall Out New Vegas & The Sims 3 for the 360 (although I'm not going to hold my breath, I couldn't stand the Sims 3 for the pc)

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
~DAWN OF WAR: DARK CRUSADE - what I cannot crush with words, I will crush with the tanks of the Imperial Guard!
Forgot to include: the Earthshaker cannons of the Basilisk. :awesome:

Tau go boom!

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Blazblue: Calamity Trigger - I hate the conditions for Haku=men and Nu-13's trophies.

Hate them. With a passion.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Dawn of War: Dark Crusade

Imperial Guard campaign mode. Chaos seems to be trying to pick a fight. But I have the might of the God-Emperor of Mankind on my side!

Not to mention the Baneblade. :whistle:

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
^Vanquish any good?

-Mass Effect
-Alan Wake (Nightmare mode)
-Dragon Age: Origins
-Battlefield: Bad Company 2
-Gears of War
-Puzzle Quest 2