What games are you currently playing?

Wol

None Shall Remember Those Who Do Not Fight
AKA
Rosarian Shield
Just beat GoW: Valhalla (including all bosses and challenges) and got Platinum on main game.

The DLC was a fulfilling experience which honestly surprised me considering it's free. Very challenging and makes you think on how to advance. Valhalla is also a reflection on how the main game manages to feel meaty on both story and gameplay which is a rarity. Absolutely loved the nods to the original trilogy and the music and art direction are incredible.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 13557

Tried out Baldur’s Gate 3 for the first time. Big fan of the RPG elements but I’m not huge on the combat system.

Wasn’t ever a DND guy but I can see where the acclaim for this game is coming from.

Mayo Master

Pro Adventurer
*Phew* Finally finished Baldur's Gate 3 yesterday. I had been painfully slogging through Act 3, which was a real glitch-riddled bug-fest. Honestly, by the end of it I stopped caring for the story or the characters, and was only motivated by the notion of "finishing what you started". I re-iterate that for me, Baldur's Gate 3 got the "Disappointment of the year" award - a far cry from all the hype that surrounded it.
Mercifully, I have to say that I did find the final boss fight and the ending were interesting and well-put together, so at least I was able to end on a good note.

MoLe_BlAdE

Lv. 25 Adventurer
About 9 hours into Chained Echoes, a modern turn based RPG. I really like the OST and gameplay so far. It demands strategy. A lot of subtle and not-so-subtle 90s JRPG references.
Isn't this from the same studio that's done Sea of Stars? I'm currently playing Sea of Stars and its great. Feel like I need to pick up Chained Echoes after I'm done!

Rydeen

In-KWEH-dible
Isn't this from the same studio that's done Sea of Stars? I'm currently playing Sea of Stars and its great. Feel like I need to pick up Chained Echoes after I'm done!
Nope! But they did do The Wandering Sword, which I might play. It's been compared a lot head-to-head to Sea of Stars, which I haven't played yet. I don't have a final verdict on Chained Echoes since I am not quite finished, but I will say that it's very fun to play and experience.

Leafonthebreeze

Any/All
AKA
Leaf
The games I completed in 2023. GOTY goes to Armored Core VI, runner-up is Persona 2 Eternal Punishment.

View attachment 14122
Ah my housemate started Venba! It looked very cool, reminds me I wanted to give it a go.

This has also reminded me to yell about Chants of Senna, which absolutely rewired my brain just before Xmas. Fascinating and gorgeous little game about translating languages. Sometimes frustrating but in a way that cracks you up when you figure out the solution. Highly, highly reccomend.

Wol

AKA
Rosarian Shield
30 hours in on Elden Ring and it literally feels like the definitive medieval fantasy experience with the added exploration. Never would I have imagined that open-world could work with the hardcore Souls frame, but they fit extremely well. Also this game has the most beautiful skyboxes I ever seen (the art direction overall is stellar, probably peak From). Really excited to see where this tale is going, some enemies look suspiciously... out of this world.

Rydeen

In-KWEH-dible
I'm running a tight schedule with gaming this year. :P STILL haven't finished Chained Echoes. Once that's done, I'll be playing Persona 3 Reload in Feb because the original was my other favorite game, and then FFVII in March. Then I kinda wanna play Sea of Stars.

ph14basicbitch

shinra merch buyer
AKA
koda
I finished Somnium Files 2.

I thought Mizuki's superhuman strength being explained with, uh, whatever the fuck that was did a lot of nothing for the plot except create a reason for there to be 2 Mizukis who dress the same, look the same, drive the same scooter, and have the same personality. So, there's this anime Code Geass, and 1 of the characters is immortal. No one ever fucking asked, "Why is she immortal?" In the 2019 movie, they explain her immortality and the explanation makes you go, "Who asked for this?" Basically, I felt like that when they explained why Mizuki has superhuman strength.

And wow, Date's mask is indeed stupid. Sir, you are walking around with the face of the man who murdered your adopted daughter's pare-- erm... adopted daughter's parents who adopted her. Like yes Date sucks but that's like "Sucks" with an "(Affectionate)" tacked on after it.

Moma being flanderized to "A-Set U-Bet" was complete cringe. In the first game he was likeable because yeah he's a streamer simp but he was like, 70% Your Bud Moma and 30% Simp? You could tell that he served the plot well to contrast Rohan and what we learn about him as well. In this game his ties to the plot are a lot weaker so I guess he just wound up as A-Set U-Bet 24/7 idklmao.

I liked the rest of it. Ending with the Nil number was fun meta shit. "Get me out of this Uchikoshi game pls, Frayer". Yeah okay lady be free. Apparently I caught on really early to the timeline thing, according to my friends. But the game kept giving you puzzles that zig-zag and then I picked up to how Aiba was talking about Date as if he weren't dead and yeaaah.

Mayo Master

Pro Adventurer
... and now, for something completely different
EA Sports WRC. Being a racing nerd with a particular soft spot for rallying.
It's actually brilliant. Sadly the release was marred with a few performance issues (screen tearing) and a big blunder with one of the patches (which essentially corrupted your career mode save). So now the patch is patched and the game runs more smoothly.
Still, for me it's one of the most engaging racing games I've played in a long while, satisfying my craving for a good rally sim. Some of the stages are near perfect recreations of real-world ones, watching the actual Rally MonteCarlo this weekend just blew my mind (stages like St Leger-les-Melezes to La Batie Neuve, and Col de Turini were recreated down to the road signs). With seasonal variations on the courses (you can play MonteCarlo rally in the summer, among the green trees and no ice on the road). The feeling with the cars is awesome, and there's a very wide variety of rallying cars to play with (getting all the old rally categories, from the 70s Alpine, the 80s Group B cars, the 90-00s kit cars, and many more). Going to stick to this one for a long while.

Leafonthebreeze

Any/All
AKA
Leaf
I finished Somnium Files 2.

I thought Mizuki's superhuman strength being explained with, uh, whatever the fuck that was did a lot of nothing for the plot except create a reason for there to be 2 Mizukis who dress the same, look the same, drive the same scooter, and have the same personality. So, there's this anime Code Geass, and 1 of the characters is immortal. No one ever fucking asked, "Why is she immortal?" In the 2019 movie, they explain her immortality and the explanation makes you go, "Who asked for this?" Basically, I felt like that when they explained why Mizuki has superhuman strength.

And wow, Date's mask is indeed stupid. Sir, you are walking around with the face of the man who murdered your adopted daughter's pare-- erm... adopted daughter's parents who adopted her. Like yes Date sucks but that's like "Sucks" with an "(Affectionate)" tacked on after it.

Moma being flanderized to "A-Set U-Bet" was complete cringe. In the first game he was likeable because yeah he's a streamer simp but he was like, 70% Your Bud Moma and 30% Simp? You could tell that he served the plot well to contrast Rohan and what we learn about him as well. In this game his ties to the plot are a lot weaker so I guess he just wound up as A-Set U-Bet 24/7 idklmao.

I liked the rest of it. Ending with the Nil number was fun meta shit. "Get me out of this Uchikoshi game pls, Frayer". Yeah okay lady be free. Apparently I caught on really early to the timeline thing, according to my friends. But the game kept giving you puzzles that zig-zag and then I picked up to how Aiba was talking about Date as if he weren't dead and yeaaah.
Hah yeah there's a lot wrong with that game, but I wanna know your thoughts on Ryuki because I rotated him in my brain for weeks after finishing it.

Wol

AKA
Rosarian Shield
It's now official. Elden Ring is the biggest game I've ever played. I'm clocking 105 hours with 16% progress on the main story, this never happened before with any game.

I thought the map was big. I was wrong, it's bigger. You know what's even more impressive? that almost nothing feels like filler. This game is an achievement in itself.

LunarTarotGirl

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lunarae
I just bought Persona 3 Reload. I played the original and loved it so definitely looking forward to starting. Also Final Fantasy XIV (beat Endwalker earlier this year waiting for DawnTrail) and Honkai Star Rail and Genshin Impact.

wander

‪‫‬‭ ‮
At the moment, Fire Emblem 6, TR 1-3 Remasters and Dark Souls 2.

Dragons Dogma 2 dropping soon so that'll be next.

Reactions: Wol

Ghost X

I searched this forum, and there's been little mention of Baldur's Gate 3. It's really good. I do recommend it :mon:. Gave up on my first playthrough not long after I bought it, due to some bad decision-making, but my second playthrough has been going on for over a month (probably would've got through quicker, but life = busy). I'm nearing the end, but wouldn't surprise me if I still have ages to go. Such a massive game. I'm almost put off by its massiveness to do a third run (though I certainly will do a third run at least), and it seems to get more gameplay dense as the game goes on. There's lots of replayability potential otherwise.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Yeah I'm still in Act 2...and while the game is fantastic, yeah it's a beast. Which has made it hard for me to prioritize it, even before Rebirth came out, much less now :lol:
But I do intend to get back to it. It's ability to roll (no pun intended) with nearly anything you decide to do is pretty incredible. Must have been an absolutely massive amount of work, haha.

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
I don't have the right system or I'd be all up in that game Ghost... Assuming I could pry my roommate off of Karlach long enough to roll up a character.

Top Bottom