What makes your day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
So today I got a usb keyboard since my c,d,e, and #3 stopped working. It sucked last night having to copy paste in those letters desperate to chat lawl. I'm also trying to find a way to fix my laptop keyboard without having to ship my laptop away for two weeks... if anyone knows let me know please it would be appreciated. <3
Went Christmas shopping to day and 80 dollars was not enough to buy for everyone. X_X A guy at the game store hit on me though, and it made me feel pretty no matter how cheesy he was being. He said, like, "Do you want a pink controller? I see you're wearing a pink coat. Do you like Hello Kitty? We have that." So I said I was buying for other people and he said "You should really be buying for yourself, you deserve it. How is your day today? I'm asking because I really want to know, not just to make small talk." And it was all in that 'How you doin?' tone of voice. >w>;;
Happy though that I got Kripey, Sami, Audi, Emmy (Xmas a Birthday), and other friends Christmas presents all bought. <3 They'll be sent to you asap before Xmas so enjoy your gifts ya'll. ;D

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu

It made my day today. So there.

So today I got a usb keyboard since my c,d,e, and #3 stopped working. It sucked last night having to copy paste in those letters desperate to chat lawl. I'm also trying to find a way to fix my laptop keyboard without having to ship my laptop away for two weeks... if anyone knows let me know please it would be appreciated. <3

What's the issue specifically? In unrelated news, my keyboard is also dying.

Went Christmas shopping to day and 80 dollars was not enough to buy for everyone. X_X A guy at the game store hit on me though, and it made me feel pretty no matter how cheesy he was being. He said, like, "Do you want a pink controller? I see you're wearing a pink coat. Do you like Hello Kitty? We have that." So I said I was buying for other people and he said "You should really be buying for yourself, you deserve it. How is your day today? I'm asking because I really want to know, not just to make small talk." And it was all in that 'How you doin?' tone of voice. >w>;;

You were totally being hit on, Teef. And probably in a serious way.

Happy though that I got Kripey, Sami, Audi, Emmy (Xmas a Birthday), and other friends Christmas presents all bought. <3 They'll be sent to you asap before Xmas so enjoy your gifts ya'll. ;D

... I SHALL. [/Mingthemerciless]

Fangu

Great Old One
If you can find the keyboard part on ebay or something, dismantling your laptop down to the keyboard is usually not so tricky. You need a couple of small tools though, so that's a few more $ to spend. Only thing is, it's not 100% sure it's the actual keyboard (and the little band connector thingy) in it that's broken, it might be something else. But it can be worth a try.

(Last time I dismantled a laptop I ended up with the mouse pad broken, so do take my advice with a pinch of salt :huh:)

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
Hell, that might be more than she needs, depending on how her laptop keyboard's gotten screwed up.

Fangu

Great Old One
Well, it sounds a bit strange that just a couple of keys goes missing - what's the alternatives? I find this interesting so if you know stuff I'd be happy to know :)

Edit: The quickest solution is getting a USB keyboard, but that is quite inconvenient.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
What's the issue specifically? In unrelated news, my keyboard is also dying.

My friend's sister threw a bottle of super glue at me and it hit my laptop keyboard causing the space bar and c keys to break off. Well eventually the c key got so bad that it kept getting stuck down and typing random cs all the time when I tried typing anything. Then it just stopped working all together and took the entire row of keys near to it with it. >_> I want to replace the c and spacebar keys. I might have to do more than that though, if they aren't working... I supposed I'd have to bring it into best buy or something and find out.

so that's a few more $ to spend

The person that broke my keyboard also agreed to fix it. So if I can find another way to fix it besides sending my laptop in, I'll get on her ass about doing that. :monster:

Lumina

a pokémon.
AKA
Bayleef, Jessica
Tiff tell us what you bought :awesome: xD

Also,
tumblr_lvrb5wLwpS1qzjqq6o1_500.gif

Fangu

Great Old One
Ah! If the um, "plate" behind the keyboard that detects the presses of the keys is fine, then I guess you can just get new keys and attach them. If the plate itself has taken damage, you might have to replace the entire keyboard. Or, rephrase, your friend have to replace it ;)

Nevertheless, changing the keyboard is usually a fairly easy operation and shouldn't cost as much as say, changing the video card, fan or similar. Depends on how your laptop is put together of course, but it should be one of the first things (of the first half of things anyway) you remove when dismantling it.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Went to a cooking class today.

It was incredible and the food was so yummy I can't wait to make it at home (though it probably won't taste as good because the chef guy was like chef for fancy business people but nommomomomom).

Vivi

Jump Rope Champion
AKA
Vivi, Setzer Gabbiani
I aced my term paper and my presentation was pushed back a few days. YAY.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
My friend's sister threw a bottle of super glue at me and it hit my laptop keyboard causing the space bar and c keys to break off. Well eventually the c key got so bad that it kept getting stuck down and typing random cs all the time when I tried typing anything. Then it just stopped working all together and took the entire row of keys near to it with it. >_> I want to replace the c and spacebar keys. I might have to do more than that though, if they aren't working... I supposed I'd have to bring it into best buy or something and find out.

The person that broke my keyboard also agreed to fix it. So if I can find another way to fix it besides sending my laptop in, I'll get on her ass about doing that. :monster:

Yeah, you might just need new keys. Still, go with the option that costs THEM more.

Ah! If the um, "plate" behind the keyboard that detects the presses of the keys is fine, then I guess you can just get new keys and attach them. If the plate itself has taken damage, you might have to replace the entire keyboard. Or, rephrase, your friend have to replace it ;)

Nevertheless, changing the keyboard is usually a fairly easy operation and shouldn't cost as much as say, changing the video card, fan or similar. Depends on how your laptop is put together of course, but it should be one of the first things (of the first half of things anyway) you remove when dismantling it.

Pretty much.

Pixel.

For making this:

LUSTSTREAM.gif

X :neo:

Hah! He did it! Pixel you magnificent bastard! Go you!

Oh, and got my order cancelled so I could make it again AND order a movie and STILL pay less than the original order.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
23 AND 10 MOTHERFUCKERS YOU CAN'T STOP THE COLE TRAIN

OUR TEAM WON 5 AGAINST 7 TOO

ALL OF YALL EAT A DICK

Last edited:

Elisa Maza

Whomst
Dialog with my friend in FB:

Him: Anastasia, my little thing, I've missed you sooooo much! ... but, mostly I've missed your shoulders! (He loves biting shoulders. Don't ask)
Him: *he sends me this video* I LOVE KABAMARU!
Him: The wise advice of the day: if you think that the way to man's heart goes through his stomach, you have aimed way too high.

Me: My dear Christos,

I am certain that your advice will be proved extremely useful in the future. Another reason to become a lesbian and flip men the finger. Thank you for making my decision so easy and logical. One day, me and my wife will offer you our shoulders. Also, we will raise our (adopted, of course) children watching Kabamaru, so they will have values and rules in their lives.

P.S. Shrinks aren't that expensive, pal.

Him: I f***ing love you.

I'm still laughing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom