Why Is A Cross Dressing Cloud So Damn Important?

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
The Cloti's and Clerith's have calmed down over the years but there's still a good following here.

Personally, I want to challenge Ryu for the video. I'll just have to affix my webcam so I have all my Aerith memorabilia behind me :monster:

Last edited:

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
I haven't been around these forums that long. Who are our primary Tifa-shippers (Cloti's?) and Aeris-shippers (Cleris?) I know not the terms, but I think it could be amazing.

I don't ship cloti, as in I don't read fanfics, or look at fanart etc etc. But I believe Cloud loves Tifa like I believe that Gandalf is a wizard. :monster:

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
But when you think about the intended demographic of the game, and consider how it's making 17 year old boys 'put on a dress', I'm not so sure that's where the intended hilarity truly lies.

Of course on a meta level, where the 17 year old boy is Cloud, it adds another level.

Wait... Isn't Cloud 21 in the original game?

Starling

Pro Adventurer
The issue I take with shipping is that you don't have to be in love with someone to care deeply about them or go out of your way to help in whatever way you can. It's something I feel is forgotten too easily amidst shipping wars.

Also Flare, Cloud is indeed 21 in the OG but if you subtract the years he spent in Hojo's lab, he's basically 16.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Also agree with Jason on the LTD thing. Not to get too into detail, but I always thought he loved them both, whatever the reasonings behind them. But yeah, he's more likely to get further with Tifa since she's, you know, living. :monster:

Yeah Aerith, make sure you got tons of Aerith's memorabilia behind you in the video, and whoever does it with you has tons of Tifa stuff. :awesome:

The one in the middle can have a shitload of Cloud related stuff.

Fangu

Great Old One
But when you think about the intended demographic of the game, and consider how it's making 17 year old boys 'put on a dress', I'm not so sure that's where the intended hilarity truly lies.

Of course on a meta level, where the 17 year old boy is Cloud, it adds another level.

Oh god I can't explain anything

I meant that Cloud the protagonist is created to narrate the game for the player, to let the player fill his shoes. And when the player is a 17 year old guy, "the 17 year old boy is Cloud".

I give up

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Lol no worries; oh I get it now! Yeah, that's true, the player interprets things their own way at the age they are, no matter if the protagonist is older or younger.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy

Oh god I can't explain anything

I give up

You can't win em all :monster:

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
Me - Hornet's Nest: OOH LET'S POKE THAT WITH A STICK!

Starling

Pro Adventurer
One time, there was a wasp nest right outside my bedroom window, which is also close to the door to the backyard. My dad had the bright idea to poke it with a broom stick to make it fall, then shut the door and hope none of them get in. We didn't see a reaction until the next day and avoided so much as touching that door for about a week.

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
I'm not sure how much social issue can be drawn from cross-dressing being an acceptable response to rescue a friend from a mob boss. That doesn't come up commonly in daily life for most people.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
I'm not sure how much social issue can be drawn from cross-dressing being an acceptable response to rescue a friend from a mob boss. That doesn't come up commonly in daily life for most people.

Back off man, you don't know my life. :monster:

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Yeah Aerith, make sure you got tons of Aerith's memorabilia behind you in the video, and whoever does it with you has tons of Tifa stuff. :awesome:

I'll let my freak Aerith flag fly

3BGW6PG.jpg

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
So shall we start a new thread and start planning an LTD video?

Starling

Pro Adventurer
Why not? I think reviewing some points made in the LTD thread would be important as well. Maybe prepare a list of points to go over.

Lex

Administrator
I'm so amused that you guys don't realise the minefield of danger you're about to enter by creating such a video from TLS. Every time I see a post about it I feel a general need to hide behind the chair I'm sitting on.

That's not to say I think it's a bad idea. I mean, I think it's a really bad idea, but it's also a good idea. If that makes sense. I don't know how to express what I'm feeling about this. You guys go on ahead, I'll be behind this chair.

Starling

Pro Adventurer
Potential flame wars both excite and infuriate me, depending on the context, my general mood and how far along they are when I run into them. The risk of outrage is why I'm so insistent on it being a very detailed and objective look on it.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
"Shall we make an LTD video?" said TLS

"Should we put nuclear missiles on Cuba?" said Khrushchev

We would express both points evenly and fairly and let the fans battle it out in the comments. This is like poking two bears and then jumping behind a fence and watching the bears fight to promote something... probably vodka.

Lex

Administrator
You can factually lay down everything known about the LTD in the most concise unbiased scientific form available. The sad fact is that if it carries the TLS name, it will be accused of bias in the favour of Cloti even if it carries a new exclusive quote from Nojima stating that Aerith is about to come back to life and have babies with Cloud while Tifa falls in a dustbin never to be seen again. Such is the LTD. That's why we're all so scared of it now, it haunts us in our dreams.

Top Bottom