• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Will FF7R be too big for the switch?

AerithLives

Pro Adventurer
The game is panning out to be huge. Two disks is Red Dead Redemption or GTA size. Will the poor little Nintendo Switch be able to handle a game this size and keep up with the processing power needed to produce these level of graphics?

Roundhouse

Pro Adventurer
Could it even run on the Switch? Maybe it's possible, considering they managed to get Witcher 3 on there, but I don't know how well it could work.

Apparently there is a new Switch model coming, however, which might be slightly more powerful. Might be feasible on that system, but even then it doesn't sound likely.

Misterbadguy

Phantom Lord
AKA
METEODRIVE
The first UE4 game that comes to mind on the Switch is Daemon X Machina. It has a far simpler visual style than Remake does, but even taking that into consideration the demo from a couple months back had fairly prominent performance issues. It looked like it had improved when it showed at the E3 Treehouse streams to be fair, but the point still stands; a game like Remake would need to make a lot of fairly heavy concessions to have a chance of running on the system.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
Since this game isn't being made for Xbox One or Two, there's no way the Remake will be on Switch.

Suzaku

Pro Adventurer
I really wouldn't count on it. Maybe they'll do a Pocket Edition? Doesn't seem like a lot of point to that when the original's available, but it's a possibility.

Yeah, the Switch won't be able to handle it. The only way I could see a Switch release as a possibility would be if they do a Japan-only streaming thing like they did for Assassin's Creed Odyssey. There's the new Switch that's set to come out, but I tend to doubt it will be powerful enough.

Top Bottom