World of Warcraft: Shadowlands

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I think he means moving around the massive world. You barely run into any characters when you're levelling 1-70ish, and I agree. Its not untill you get to Dalaran that you see a large amount of players all the time.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Barely any players? Try moving in dalaran at peak times on a full server... I have a top spec alienware laptop and can barely move.

Barely any players below level 80, yes. Start a new character and level it to 60, count the amount of players you encounter outside of the major cities of each side, and you'll end up with probably a dozen.

Xelazander

sunglasses at night
AKA
alexx
That's because everyone has been there done that, it's easy to level 1-80 now. Takes a week without playing 24/7.

At the start of Cataclysm when everybody is questing like mad in the new zones it will be gooooood.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Yeah. For a week or two at best.

Its hard to feel like the world is so massive and populated when all you see during the 'sightseeing' section of levelling, is bland NPC's.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
That's because everyone has been there done that, it's easy to level 1-80 now. Takes a week without playing 24/7.

For me it'd take longer and it'd cost money to buy all expansions first, ergo, no thank you.

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
Tbh I rather enjoy having this huge empty world for me to explore by myself. I mean, when you really step back and look at it, there's a fuckton of detail in WoW in both the world and the lore, and I find I appreciate more when I'm not constantly running into people.

That said, it does make it a pain finding groups to do low-level instances or quests with, but since they put in the LFG tool that's gotten a lot better.

Also jfc this game is so much easier than I remember. Tearing through heroics in 15 minutes ftw.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Tbh I rather enjoy having this huge empty world for me to explore by myself. I mean, when you really step back and look at it, there's a fuckton of detail in WoW in both the world and the lore, and I find I appreciate more when I'm not constantly running into people.

I disagree, tbh. When you play it like that, you play it like a singleplayer game, and in terms of gameplay, storytelling and what-have-you, I believe it fails as a singleplayer game and thus am not really able to enjoy it as such.

That said, it does make it a pain finding groups to do low-level instances or quests with, but since they put in the LFG tool that's gotten a lot better.

+1, that's also why there's nobody around anymore - everyone seems to be spamming the instance finder to grind up to 80.

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
I disagree, tbh. When you play it like that, you play it like a singleplayer game, and in terms of gameplay, storytelling and what-have-you, I believe it fails as a singleplayer game and thus am not really able to enjoy it as such.

Fair enough. I suppose this is especially true is you've reached your endgame and need groups to do anything worthwhile but everyone else has the xpacs.

...Honestly, I think if it were me I'd just buy the expansions or stop playing all together.

+1, that's also why there's nobody around anymore - everyone seems to be spamming the instance finder to grind up to 80.

Well tbf it is a damn fast way to level, especially if you have rested xp. I find that people still do a lot of questing in Northrend, but from 1-70 yeah, definitely LFG spam.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
...Honestly, I think if it were me I'd just buy the expansions or stop playing all together.

I'm doing the latter, :monster:.

An MMO is best played when Everyone Else does, I think. I might pick up the new MMO Blizzard's working on for that reason. On the other hand, I should find a life.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
It's not that bad actually, considering 99% of everyone's at level 80 already and spamming 'LFG!' in neutral areas like Dalaran.

This is also why I think WoW is fail - hardly any players. This'll be a bit better when Cata comes out, but only for a short period.

This is also why LotRO appealed to me at first - there's actual people running around. Of course, a bit later I found out it follows the grind formula to the letter (first quest you get after the initial instance quest is 'kill eight wolves', go figure), so then it sucked. Still, it had people playing and running around doing the same quests I did. I even played with another guy for a quest or two - it's been years since I last did that, during my first encounter with WoW.

Also, two level 50+ dudes tried to raep my 60 tankadin a while ago while I was checking something. Killed them both with a proverbial flick of the wrist. That was pretty good, lol.

I quite like the reorganized spells and talents and stuff tbh, makes things much less complex for paladins at least. But that's probably the last time I played WoW on the official servers, I really don't enjoy the game as much as I should after all.

I quest with people all the time, and never had trouble getting a couple peeps together while I was leveling.

Maybe you just aren't doing it right? lol

Xelazander

sunglasses at night
AKA
alexx
But you were still shit and hadn't even seen the end of the game!

..Come back for Cataclysm newb! Not like you have anything better to do really!

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Shows how bad it must be if it got boring before I got anywhere near end-game :monster:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
You're just doing it wrong. :monster:

I think what you need is a Celestial Steed. :wacky:

Screenshot2010-11-02at112320AM.png

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
You're just jealous. :monster:

Well here we go, folks, just downloaded patch 4.0.3. End of the world is nigh.

I totally logged one of my toons out in Auberdine last night. :awesome: I wonder what will happen?

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I should have made a Horde toon and explored the Horde cities before this. I've only seen Orgrimmar on my human mage and it's hard to appreciate all the details when you are being chased. lol

Stormwind took quite a beating from Deathwing, but dang did a lot change. But I think I'm saddest that Auberdine was destroyed even though we all knew that was coming. :(

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Important question.

Is it actually fun now? Or just same old, same old with a different look?

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
The quests have a lot more variety to them now. So it's funner, there's still some KILL 8 ZEBRAS but it's an MMO and some grind is to be expected.

I recommend making yourself a troll character of some sort - they have a brand new starting zone and brand new quests to go with it, some of which are cool - and then once you hit level 10 go up to Azshara, where there're tons of new features and quests and rockets, lots of rockets.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
cba to spend another month subscription on it, sorry :monster:. Might start playing the new MMO they're developing, but I'm pretty sure that one's still years away from even the first announcement.

Top Bottom