Your first video game?

Erotic Materia

[CONFUSED SCREAMING]
AHHHHHHGGG I've been trying to remember the name to that game for years! Even googled "computer game boy in green jumpsuit" in the past with no luck. Thanks for this, about to look up a playthrough now.
Psst... You can play it for free, either online or with steam.

Here's the in-browser option
Oh! Also, SkiFree.

That shitty stick-figure monster always creeped the fuck out of me... He just moved too damn fast.

Shadowfox

You look like you need a monkey
I can't recall exactly, but I think it might have been some kind of Game & Watch (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_&_Watch) type of thing. Some vaguely remembered titles, with Donkey Kong or Mickey Mouse. I mostly remember one game where you played a drunken cowboy shooting up glasses and bottles in a saloon while dodging stuff hurled at you by other angry patrons.

I also remember getting a Puck Monster (https://www.retrohandheldgames.com/gakken/puck-monster-1155) handheld for my 9th or 10th birthday. I can't remember who gave me that present but even now I'm so grateful to them for it :)

Edit:
OMG, I found my little cow-boy game hahaha! I'm pretty sure it's this one because it's the only one with solar batteries lol.

Eerie, thanks for linking that site! I searched there and found the cowboy game from my childhood. It's called "Western Saloon", funnily enough: http://www.handheldempire.com/game.jsp?game=1103&position=57

Last edited:

Verena

Pro Adventurer
Back in the 80s atari vcs 2600, before getting c64
Dont know anymore what was first, but E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial was in it and superman, river raid, pitfall and space invaders

TobyFisher

Lv. 1 Adventurer
AKA
Toby Fisher
Same as title. My memory's kinda fuzzy but I do remember having the first PlayStation in my childhood so I suppose it's kind of a toss up between Ridge Racer and Crash Bandicoot. What about you?
I can tell you that Ridge Racer and Crash Bandicoot are both classic and beloved games that many people have enjoyed over the years. Ridge Racer was one of the launch titles for the original PlayStation and helped establish the console as a serious contender in the gaming market, while Crash Bandicoot became an iconic platformer and one of the most popular games on the system. It's great that you have fond memories of playing these games in your childhood!

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
The first game I remember is Sinistar. This game ruined many pants for many kids. You could hear this motherfucker from the car as you pulled up to the arcade. Get a load of that RRRRRWAAAARRR:

The first game I remember playing is Smurf Paint. If it actually qualifies as a game; not really sure. There's no goal. You just walk around and paint and stuff.

I played it on one of these Adam things. It was like a Colecovision console that let you type and print and... that's about it. I'm not sure what else it can do.

adam_computer.png

You can see the controllers on either side of the keyboard. They were like little phones with a knob attached and two side buttons. Very awkward for games that require precision. But the games came with overlays for the numpad which were kind of cool and innovative:

Smurf_Paint_n_Play_Workshop_1983_Coleco_a.jpg

Top Bottom