Zackified.

Unlucky

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN
Perhaps my greatest lament regarding CC is that there isn't enough Clack moments in it. I think one of the best things about Zack's character is his ability to take on BIG responsibilities despite being happy go lucky, and being able to see the bright side of things no matter how desperate the situation is. The time he spent taking care of Cloud when he was a vegetable best shows these traits imo, but we had almost none of it. :sadpanda:

Kassi

Pro Adventurer
AKA
tardis60, dephinia
I just played through the Zack's death scene in FFVII again, for the first time since playing Crisis Core. One of the things that really struck me was the total lack of sound, and the way Cloud leans back toward the sky as if he is screaming, but we can't hear it, no music, no sound effects, nothing. In its way that was as heartbreaking to me (YMMV of course) the first time I saw it as it was in Crisis Core, looking so realistic with music and sound effects and words and audible grief.

FFVII was the first video game that ever made me cry. Not when Aerith died, but that scene right there.

It hadn't occurred to me until recently that it's an optional scene. Usually once I dragged Cloud out of the Lifestream one of the first things I did was return to Nibelheim. I always felt a need to walk through it again and kind of process how things really happened.

Walking through the mansion, hearing Sephiroth's ominous music and Vincent's theme and then the scene in the basement, getting such a sense (my personal feelings, anyway) about just how much has happened in this building, how many things began here that would change Sephiroth to doom the world, and Cloud to save it.

I wonder if Cloud ever wonders if Zack hadn't been carrying him, if he'd have made it to Midgar. Not that I think Shinra would have given up the search for Zack, but I get the feeling Cloud is inclined to blame himself for the deaths of those he loves and couldn't save for whatever reason, and may not see that Zack was sorta doomed either to recapture or death.

Anyway, Zack being Zack, I like to think it never even occurred to him to leave Cloud behind. 'Cause... Zack.

...BBL, I seem to have come down with a touch of the feels.

<3
Kassi

I wonder if Cloud ever wonders if Zack hadn't been carrying him, if he'd have made it to Midgar. Not that I think Shinra would have given up the search for Zack, but I get the feeling Cloud is inclined to blame himself for the deaths of those he loves and couldn't save for whatever reason, and may not see that Zack was sorta doomed either to recapture or death.

Anyway, Zack being Zack, I like to think it never even occurred to him to leave Cloud behind. 'Cause... Zack.

...BBL, I seem to have come down with a touch of the feels.

<3
Kassi

This is so much my headcanon. Even without the deadweight of Cloud on his shoulders, Zack might still not have made it back to Midgar, but Cloud wouldn't be human if he didn't wonder how much he was to blame for Zack's death. And if he had not punched Aerith in the ruins of the Ancient Temple, perhaps she wouldn't have forged ahead on her own. This is why the depressed Cloud of ACC doesn't grate on me. Once the great adventure was over, Sephiroth was defeated, and the world was saved, he finally had time to reflect on the past, and think about how, unwittingly, he might have contributed to the deaths of people he loved. I just don't see how he could not think about it.

Unlucky

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN
Phoenix down:

tumblr_m9kujkjigS1rybh15o1_400.jpg

The G'randiest' Daddy

Teh Bunneh of Doom
AKA
Darth
EDIT! Put in spoiler tags.

Reasons I think Zack is the best character of FFVII EVAR! Sure,
cloud finally kills Sephiroth - with a metric crapton of help. Zack, before being infused with any Jenova cells (assuming I understand correctly what Seph said in the reactor and what Hojo said later), beat all three "Best of what SOLDIER had to offer" guys - Angeal, Genesis, and Sephiroth. Okay yeah sure, sephiroth gained the upper hand at the end, but come on people! He had him on the ropes the whole time!
At least that's how I see it.

Secondly, Zack has so much personality! He's exaggerated, animated, excited. He's just so upbeat and friendly that you can't help but smile while watching him.
He even made SEPHIROTH chuckle!

So yeah. I like Cloud and all of the others too, but Zack reigns supreme for me.

Top Bottom