Dissidia Duodecim Final Fantasy

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
It doesn't show up on their Playstation Store website, only in their Media Go/PS3 interface (or however you can access that thing). Had me wondering for a while too.

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
I did those two things, actually. I did not check the website, but the PS3 Interface-thingy, and I did not look for it, but put "Dissidia" on the search function, but nothing came up. Weird...

Since I have to download it on my PSP, obviously, I'll try linking it now, and see if I can find Prologus from the menu-thingy while using the PSP... we'll see!

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
So, I'm sure everyone who's preordered has used their DL outfit codes to get the Outfit install files. I'm also assuming Square/Sony were smart enough to keep each code from being reused. What I'm curious about now is how well they protected the DLC files themselves.

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
As I suspected. I only needed to access it through my psp. I can be SO clueless, sometimes.

I wanted to check with my ps3 whether it was already there and download it only after I would see it was there. Silly, silly me. Downloading now :D

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
So, I'm sure everyone who's preordered has used their DL outfit codes to get the Outfit install files. I'm also assuming Square/Sony were smart enough to keep each code from being reused. What I'm curious about now is how well they protected the DLC files themselves.

Yes, it appears the codes are a one-time use only. If I could get my hands on some data... I'd let you know.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Now that I'm posting in the right thread...

I must be slow.

I only just now realized, while watching the ending again,
that Lightning's team succeeded in their objective. Her crescent-shaped sword fell into the crevice the manikins were emerging from and the pink energy that was coming out of it went away.

So they did close that opening for the manikins.

Should have been obvious to me sooner since that crevice is gone in a cutscene set during cycle 013 from Report 18.

So that tells us one other gripe (along with the notion that Kain is a moron for killing his comrades) a lot of folks have had with the story isn't really fair -- the villains couldn't have just blitzed the heroes with manikins during the Shade Impulse portion of cycle 013 because they'd probably lost damn near all of them by then.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato

I must be slow.

that Lightning's team succeeded in their objective. Her crescent-shaped sword fell into the crevice the manikins were emerging from and the pink energy that was coming out of it went away.

Should have been obvious to me sooner since that crevice is gone in a cutscene set during cycle 013 from Report 18.

So that tells us one other gripe (along with the notion that Kain is a moron for killing his comrades) a lot of folks have had with the story isn't really fair -- the villains couldn't have just blitzed the heroes with manikins during the Shade Impulse portion of cycle 013 because they'd probably lost damn near all of them by then.

Wow, I watched that scene like 20 times and
never connected the sword with the rift getting closed. I thought it was implied that they did it offscreen.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
I just saw that last scene with
Kain and Golbez
and it is AWESOME.

Last edited:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Japan is getting Zidane and Kuja's 4th costumes in a week on the 31st, according to Dengeki (according to someone on Twitter).

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Duh. That's like saying "I just saw Jecht and Captain Falcon working out on punching bags and it was AWESOME."

I was more surprised at my emotional reaction to a scene in Dissidia. That thing about "the road" was wonderfully sad, and well-acted (I kind of thought Kain was a bit of ham before that last scene).

It was a tight, quick scene that didn't break up the pacing of the climax (unlike all of the following scenes with Lightning et al).

Also, it feels nice to say something positive about the story.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Well, that's the theory about Kuja confirmed. His in-game profile, according to someone on GameFAQs:

"Kuja had become uninterested in this world of endless battles where Chaos and his chosen continued to reign. Upon learning that Cosmos had instilled her warriors with the power to defeat Chaos in the twelfth cycle, Kuja decides to renege his mission and aid the warriors of Cosmos.

Unbeknownst to Kuja, Kefka had set a trap after learning of Kuja's plans. Kuja and the warriors he aimed to assist were on the brink of being slaughtered when Kuja quickly takes on the role of a traitor. Having betrayed and assaulted those he aimed to help, Kuja is successful in allowing Cosmos's warriors to escape. But this act forces Kuja to remain with the forces of Chaos.

Kuja receives purification after falling to Lightning, and is implanted with false memories by Kefka in the thirteenth cycle. These events lead to Kuja enjoying Zidane's suffering, displaying his warped inferiority complex for all to see.

Despite these transgressions, Kuja freed Terra from Kefka's control and comforted Cloud who was tormented over the thought of fighting a friend."

I knew he was really a good guy in all this. =)

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
Yes, it appears the codes are a one-time use only. If I could get my hands on some data... I'd let you know.

Well I got my hands on some data. What makes me very sad is that the data for these DLC models are in "edat" files... a format that has yet to be "cracked" (aka decrypted). Therefore I, or anyone else for that matter, cannot gain access to the models... for the foreseeable future at any rate. T_____T

Vendel

Banned

I must be slow.

So are you taking a step back from the ledge now?

Vendel

Banned
A suicide joke, how classy.

youstayclassy.jpg

Top Bottom