• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Dissidia Duodecim Final Fantasy

Thusly the suspicion we all had is confirmed. Kuja has no penis.

That's a weird alternate costume. I just don't get it. =/

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
Renders release of Kuja and Zidane's DLC outfits. Kuja is wearing something from the fall collection, a lovely gold vest with purple sleeves and leg warmers, and a gold cloak held in place by a magnificent GOLD CODPIECE. Yeah, Kuja be pimpin'. Zidane meanwhile as mentioned is wearing the dark cloak he wore in FF9's ending.

Kuja-ThirdAlt.png

Zidane-ThirdAlt.png

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
I don't think it's fair to call it a codpiece when there is no cod present.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
why is he dressed up as a fabulous pirate

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura

These are going up as DLC battle music at the same time as the costume pack.

Seemingly as a separate lot, at the same price as the costume. They should have just put the music and the costumes in the same set. For the price of one.

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
I think Kuja's attire makes sense on FFIX's universe. It still looks faaaaaaaaaaabulous, though.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
If they had put the music together with the costumes I'd be more tempted to buy it, because I might kind of sort of want Hunter's Chance and Rose of May and Kuja's pride parade get-up.

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
The Tifa, Cloud and Sephy scenes. There's something amiss when Sephiroth displays more emotion than Cloud. At least Steve Burton put in a slight effort in the last game...

ForceStealer

Double Growth
ROSE OF MAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now if only there were a Beatrix to go with it... :(

Well, as fun the negativity wagon must be, I gotta say I'm having a lot of fun with this. The party battles are sweet, all the new characters are fun to play as, especially Tifa and Vaan - of all people. Each character having dungeon AND world map music is great, the reports give you a chance, however small, to play as the villains in story battles, etc.

And, while I didn't get into all the crazy reports and implications and stuff, the story that is actually presented is better than the first Dissidia. It's nothing special, I'm not denying that. But it's not nearly as disjointed as the first game. Not only did you pick which order you played the chapters, they confined themselves to telling a mini-version of each characters' game. Here you playing through chapters in order, in a more original story. Also, the focus on just the 6 new characters as a party makes it feel more like a Final Fantasy game. Also, though the report-accessed cutscenes are still a lazy way of presenting events, you get them at intervals that make more sense than in the first. If you go into a report right when you get it, it usually fits with what just happened in the story.
I'm not saying its "good" story, so don't jump down my throat yet. I'm just saying it's more narrative than last time, and I got some interesting character interactions (Cloud/Kuja, Kefka/anybody, etc.).

Also, for all the uproar about Lightning's prominence - now, I haven't beaten the game yet but I'm pretty close, and I swear I've seen more of Kefka than anyone else (in terms of appearences in cutscenes). Which is excellent because he's fantastic.

Last edited:

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
Agreed that the story quality is much better. I agree it's better they're focusing on the core six newbies rather than ten heroes and even the villains, fewer characters = more focused story. I also like how they're actually delving into the backstory of the Dissidia universe. Let's face it, the original Dissidia had an excuse plot to justify how all these characters were brought together to fight each other, now they're hammering out the fine details and defining the universe more.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
No seriously, what is with "Gr"?... is that supposed to be like "GRRR" he's being intimidating or... did he forget his line or?... does anyone know the Japanese line there?

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I...don't know what you're talking about. What "Gr?" But anyway, I assume it to be one of those "Ggh," or "Ugh" or " Rgh" or "Tch" or any number of spellings they give to that noise that Japanese characters always make in dialogue.

Last edited:
Top Bottom