• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Weekly roundups

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Facebooked :monster:

I try to share every new article on there, and I have a subscription to them on Google Reader, so I shouldn't miss any. It only took so long this time because I haven't used my computer in the last thirteen hours :)

Kittie

General Eccentric
AKA
The Iron Witch
That's excellent news! I honestly regretted not getting any of his artbooks when I had the chance.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Obviously the dung fuck that is Final Fantasy: All the Bravest and the total disrespect for SE's fanbase that it entails will take center stage for our next Roundup, but I was thinking that espritduo's unparalleled collection of FF books, games and music albums should be in there as well.

Might also encourage more peeps to post their swag in there. :monster:
Sure thing. I wouldn't mind making it the top article. I'm a bit fed up of promoting whatever happens to be the latest piece of crap Square Enix have decided to release :)

Last edited:

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I think both of those bits could be full news articles, to be honest, :monster:
You're the boss. But if I'm still doing the roundup this weekend (which looks pretty empty now, but I'll find something :)), can someone else take care of the other articles?

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I didn't know when you were planning to write those articles, Tres, so I included them in the roundup, which I just published. If you want to expand on one or both, please do, and I'll add the appropriate links to my article.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
That's cool, dude. Thanks for doing it. Probably worked out for the best this way.

I will expand the bit about espritduo's collection with some comments he left in my visitor messages, but I can simply edit that into what you have.

Lex

Administrator
Yop just brought this to my attention.

It's not "news" per se, since the team at Qhimm have been compiling this stuff since pre-2000 when I was a member there.

Q-Gears is a project by Qhimm that a few are involved in - they decompile the game in an attempt to rebuild the engine. That PDF is a comprehensive look at the filesystem and programming behind the whole game, and it's an interesting read. i.e. All the info for weapons, spells, items and armour etc is in files called KERNEL, the second of which is for the names. The KERNEL files are broken into smaller pieces within the file. Similarly, flevel.lgp contains all of the character models. If you're interested in such things, it's a good read :monster:

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Yop just brought this to my attention.

It's not "news" per se, since the team at Qhimm have been compiling this stuff since pre-2000 when I was a member there.

Q-Gears is a project by Qhimm that a few are involved in - they decompile the game in an attempt to rebuild the engine. That PDF is a comprehensive look at the filesystem and programming behind the whole game, and it's an interesting read. i.e. All the info for weapons, spells, items and armour etc is in files called KERNEL, the second of which is for the names. The KERNEL files are broken into smaller pieces within the file. Similarly, flevel.lgp contains all of the character models. If you're interested in such things, it's a good read :monster:
Thanks, I might use that in next week's (this week's) roundup. News is a bit thin on the ground at the moment :closedmonster:

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Here's the latest: Are Final Fantasy Games anti-religious? Make sure you check out the front page as well, because the featured image isn't in the article :)

Someone had better write/publish an article in the next week, otherwise our three related articles linked underneath the main one are going to be the same as the three other top stories on the front page :P Actually, I'm planning to write one myself...

PhantomSephiroth

Pilot of the Sephiroth_Zero
AKA
That damn sephiroth woman
I pretty much figured that out when playing X some 12 years ago. But, what's wrong with that?

Danseru-kun

Pro Adventurer
Posted that in tumblr :monster:

IMo Japanese media although not anti-religion many times, tend to portray the church as some sort of magic stronghold, assassin organization against supernatural creatures/sinners, lots of witchcraft and rituals, evil plans to dominate the people. I figure out they just find it exotic and tend to fit it with their fantasies.

My two Japanese friends who slept at my house had no idea of any Christian teaching at all, now that's telling something.

Lex

Administrator
Well, only around one third to one eighth of the world is classed as "Christian", and that includes catholicism and a lot of other sub groups. IIRC the dominant religion in Japan is Shinto.

Top Bottom