New Dissidia Arcade Game (NT)

JechtShotMK9

The Sublimely Magnificent One
AKA
Kamiccolo9
New female character reveal on the 10th. It’s a character that has never been voiced before, so it must be from VIII or IX. Probably either Rinoa, Freya or Beatrix.

No, it's the girl Moogle from that Kupo Nut game at Gold Saucer.

You heard it here first.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
New female character reveal on the 10th. It’s a character that has never been voiced before, so it must be from VIII or IX. Probably either Rinoa, Freya or Beatrix.

No, it's the girl Moogle from that Kupo Nut game at Gold Saucer.

You heard it here first.

I can't tell if that's a joke or not, because that sounds a bit silly to me.

Maybe the female character never voiced before could be Maria from FFII.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
It’s either from VIII or IX, she’s from the later half. Maria’s been voiced already in Opera Omnia.

Ah. I see. Didn't know that. Thanks.

I hope it's Rinoa, since I really like her. Plus she'd never been voiced before and is Squall's girlfriend.

Buuuuuut, the most likely person to appear next is either Freya or Beatrix(despite Steiner-AKA Rusty not being in the main game yet). Or it could be someone else entirely.

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
I said it before but Prishe and Tifa have a high chance of returning due to their mechanics. Prishe in particular because of the nature of her fighting style and existence.

Prishe is technically a Whitemage/Monk besides.

Prishe also has a strong connection to the Warrior of Light and Shinryuu.

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
I said it before but Prishe and Tifa have a high chance of returning due to their mechanics. Prishe in particular because of the nature of her fighting style and existence.

Prishe is technically a Whitemage/Monk besides.

Prishe also has a strong connection to the Warrior of Light and Shinryuu.
VII is considered Old Class, so she is completely out of the running this season.

It makes sense: They're bringing in novelty characters to bring in new players while relying on more seasoned players to be happy with the current stock. Next season, they can bring in more of the Duodecim crew to bring back those that might be losing interest and want more familiarity.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
I'd prefer Tifa, because I found Prishe to be childish in 012.

Though if Rinoa is replacing Laguna, and that's a big "if", maybe they'll bring in either Zack, Vincent, Barret, Yuffie, Reno(wishful thinking but very unlikely) or Aerith(unlikely) to replace Tifa despite that she's another one of my favorites.

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
I'd prefer Tifa, because I found Prishe to be childish in 012.

Though if Rinoa is replacing Laguna, and that's a big "if", maybe they'll bring in either Zack, Vincent, Barret, Yuffie, Reno(wishful thinking but very unlikely) or Aerith(unlikely) to replace Tifa despite that she's another one of my favorites.

Somewhere in my head I recall an assurance that all the duodecim crew will return, just not right away.

So nobody is really replacing anyone at this point. It's just a matter of a very small list of new characters that are being prioritized for the sake of novelty.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Somewhere in my head I recall an assurance that all the duodecim crew will return, just not right away.

So nobody is really replacing anyone at this point. It's just a matter of a very small list of new characters that are being prioritized for the sake of novelty.

Except for Ganbrath(Ugh, I can't spell his name right) who was played by Vayne and both of them come from FF12 and the former was in Dissidia 012.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Can you refresh my memory on who Nael is? Where's he or she from?

JechtShotMK9

The Sublimely Magnificent One
AKA
Kamiccolo9
Nael van Darnus is the main antagonist of FFXIV 1.X, and the secondary antagonist of the first raid in A Realm Reborn.

T@ctic

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Orah, Iju
why are people either complaining or rejoicing that it wasn't tifa an in article i read???? does she appear in FF games that often? is she really that popular???? she may be my favourite girl in FF but i always thought aerith was heads and tails more popular than her.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Monty Oum would be so happy if he were still alive...

For anyone who doesn't get what I refer to:
http://deadoralive.wikia.com/wiki/Dead_Fantasy

Yeah, he definitely would. I still feel terrible that he passed away. His work of Dead Fantasy was awesome and it's sad that it will never be finished.

R.I.P Monty Oum.

I'm so freakin' happy. ;.;

So am I. It's about time Rinoa returned to the spotlight! Wonder who will voice her in English?

ForceStealer

Double Growth
why are people either complaining or rejoicing that it wasn't tifa an in article i read???? does she appear in FF games that often? is she really that popular???? she may be my favourite girl in FF but i always thought aerith was heads and tails more popular than her.

Well I mean she was in the last Dissidia game

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Tifa is more universally popular then Rinoa is. She has a lot more "strong woman" tropes going for her then Rinoa does.

It's very easy for Rinoa to fall into the "spoiled rich kid that is out of touch with reality" set of tropes. And if players aren't playing attention to FFVIII, why Squall likes Rinoa can get lost in a lot of other things. She's a very easy character to misrepresent or present as having shallow motivations.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Well, unless Tifa gets replaced by another FFVII character(though I don't think so since Kain is back before Golbez was), I think she'll return.

Plus, I like both Tifa and Rinoa and I've always wanted Rinoa to make another appearence with voice actresses of her own for years now.

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
Tifa is more universally popular then Rinoa is. She has a lot more "strong woman" tropes going for her then Rinoa does.

It's very easy for Rinoa to fall into the "spoiled rich kid that is out of touch with reality" set of tropes. And if players aren't playing attention to FFVIII, why Squall likes Rinoa can get lost in a lot of other things. She's a very easy character to misrepresent or present as having shallow motivations.

Misrepresent? No, that seems pretty much on the money.

Top Bottom