• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

New Dissidia Arcade Game (NT)

SeaDragon

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Sjödraken
I never liked Rinoa but I'm really happy with her arrival. The gameplay seems nice, Angelo maybe will also be exploited properly (poor dear) and her HD appearance is almost identical and cute as the original unlike Squall. Tifa would have been much more appreciated indeed, but the fandom should appreciate the effort by Square to change and use characters that are "lost" over time.

I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS ALT

Dh5GuPhV4AA-aQR

DKHF said:
I didn't consider it before but Rinoa's second alt could be a tribute to her Japanese voice actor's other FF character Deuce from Type-0 who wears similar plaid rather than taken from/hinting at KH3.
Tweet source

T@ctic

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Orah, Iju
Well I mean she was in the last Dissidia game
oh ok. i don't quite keep up with sub FF

Tifa is more universally popular then Rinoa is. She has a lot more "strong woman" tropes going for her then Rinoa does.

It's very easy for Rinoa to fall into the "spoiled rich kid that is out of touch with reality" set of tropes. And if players aren't playing attention to FFVIII, why Squall likes Rinoa can get lost in a lot of other things. She's a very easy character to misrepresent or present as having shallow motivations.
FF8 is pretty hazy because it was far too confusing and i must be honest, i don't know why he loves her either. but that's besides the point i guess. maybe S/E just wants to remind us that she still exists.
----
^^that white dress is awesome.

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
Tifa and the other 012 characters will come eventually, they said a while ago they would come back. Not sure what that means for Aerith though, I'd love for her to be playable this time.

Anyway the next character will be revealed/added in mid September. From now everyone is from VIII-XV

4) Male. Newcomer. (Later game)

5) Female. Veteran. (Later game)

6) Male. Newcomer. (Later game)

My idea about it tying with Opera Omnia looks like it's correct, or just a coincidence. But I'm guessing that the next character could be Caius. However both Locke and Rinoa were in that secretum event, as was Auron, so he could be next...

It's interesting how they only mentioned I-XV and not 0 or Tactics.

There's apparently a "leak" on reddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/dissidia/comments/8yheit/whats_this_leak_ive_been_hearing_so_much_about/

LR Snow, Yuna, Nag'molada

I doubt it's credible though, it didn't reveal much more than what we guessed...

Last edited:

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
FF8 is pretty hazy because it was far too confusing and i must be honest, i don't know why he loves her either. but that's besides the point i guess. maybe S/E just wants to remind us that she still exists.

Could be. Though I do remember reading up that Nomura found that Rinoa was one of the hardest characters to create when he did the character design for FFVIII after FFVII(His first Final Fantasy character designing).

But I am glad that they're finally bringing Rinoa back and finally giving her actual voice actoresses in both langauges. Been waiting for that for years.

Tifa and the other 012 characters will come eventually, they said a while ago they would come back. Not sure what that means for Aerith though, I'd love for her to be playable this time.

Me too, and Yuffie. Though the one I'd really like to see playable is Reno, but that's not happening. I doubt he'll even make an appearence with the other Turks in Opera Omnia.

Anyway the next character will be revealed/added in mid September. From now everyone is from VIII-XV

4) Male. Newcomer. (Later game)

5) Female. Veteran. (Later game)

6) Male. Newcomer. (Later game)

My guesses for September's reveals and the other three reveals from VIII-XV.

September Male New Comer guesses:

FFIX-Steiner(AKA-Rusty).

FFX-Auron, Wakka, Seymour, Kimarai.

FFXIII-Snow, Hope.

FFXIV-Thandred.

FFXV-Ardyn(I hate that guy), Gladio.

Guesses for the next reveal sometime in 2019 Female veteran:

FFXI-Prishe(Probably). Actually, she's the only other female later character that was in the previous game.

Guesses for the next reveal after that Male new comer:

Same as on top, actually.

FFVIII-Seifer(Maybe), Irvine.

FFIX-Vivi.

FFXV-Prompto, Ignis, Regisis.

Those are my best guesses.

My idea about it tying with Opera Omnia looks like it's correct, or just a coincidence. But I'm guessing that the next character could be Caius. However both Locke and Rinoa were in that secretum event, as was Auron, so he could be next...

You could be right about that too.

It's interesting how they only mentioned I-XV and not 0 or Tactics

Maybe they want to focus on the characters from the main titles at the moment before they can even consider adding more from Type 0 and the other spin-offs unrelated to the main series?

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
I'm at a point where the only things I really want in this game are better stage mechanics and stuff single-player can actually have fun with. Characters themselves hardly matter at this point.

Netplay is not my strong suit, nor am I a team player or good at using the quick messenger tools they give you.

I hope they give this game more of an expansion than it currently is.

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
Hah. I'm not surprised by half. (Though part of me hates it when people do this...)

Still, it's gonna be a long while before anything is "confirmed"... and we might still get some system updates if we're lucky.

SeaDragon

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Sjödraken
Nothing exciting and many returns but still a good list. But I'm still waiting for Gaius :rclosedmonster: I want to believe.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
SeaDragon is talking about Gaius Van Baelsar from FFXIV.

SeaDragon

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Sjödraken
I meant Gaius just to insert some FFXIV.

I'd like to have even Caius Ballad. I think his arrival is quite likely or possible as it was added to Opera Omnia.

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
So the new characters have been leaked through data mining. They are as follows:

Gilgamesh
Tifa
Zack
Laguna
Vivi
Yuna
Prishe
Kam'lanaut's
Gabranth
Snow
https://www.reddit.com/r/dissidia/comments/8zjq93/found_some_interesting_things_in_the_game_files/

Can I be a bit anal? This person mentions all these characters, but!

Why is Cloud found as "Cloud Strife" in the game data, yet Tifa is just "Tifa" and not "Tifa Lockhart" and Zack is "Zack" instead of "Zack Fair"? Same thing with Vivi Ornitier. I mean, it may be nothing, but I felt it was... odd.

Last edited:

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Either it could be fake or maybe they forgot to add the last names. The only way to find out is for Square Enix to confirm it which will take a while considering they have other DLC for the game to go through through the rest of this year.

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
Why is Cloud found as "Cloud Strife" in the game data, yet Tifa is just "Tifa" and not "Tifa Lockhart" and Zack is "Zack" instead of "Zack Fair"? Same thing with Vivi Ornitier. I mean, it may be nothing, but I felt it was... odd.

So much for hiding spoilers... :whistle:

But in all seriousness, it's probably because Japanese coders suck at spelling names in English. Especially fantasy names like
Ornitier

Last edited:
Top Bottom