Adventchildren.net is… totally gone

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
I lurked on AC.net and continue to lurk here. The most active I've been with posting was with the release of FF7R, and even that wan't consistent.

I sure would like to be more involved with the community, but it takes me way too long to write something. I often second guess myself with thoughts like "does anyone really care what I think" or "I don't want to be a bother." And when I do feel strongly enough to post I'll easily spend an hour finding the right words and making sure it flows nicely.

Like this post alone was 30 mins lol.
Gosh, I relate to this so much - like if a post takes 15 minutes that's "fast" for me. For what it's worth, you're not alone!

Don't ever worry that it takes too long to write things or that you might wax & wane through consistency in your activity. A huge reason why I'm still around on the Forums & not on the Discord is that I can't keep pace with large-scale, real-time group conversations like that. I love that I can take up an inordinate amount of time to say big or little things, and that I can rewrite & revise things a billion times, and even after I post it, still know that there're things that I want to revise about them, but just chalk that up to the nature of communication.

It is always comforting knowing that other folks are the same way, and if it helps anyone lurk less or be more inclined to post from time-to-time, I'm all about that!

X :neo:

Draexin

Lv. 1 Adventurer
First post you guys!

I found this thread while searching for some old ACF stuff since I was feeling nostalgic and all :)
Maybe you remember me from the ACF days as a site staffer/news reporter. Man it's been so long since I've been involved in the FFVII community :lol:

Anyway, are some of the old Dutchies around here? I remember we used to have IRL meetings in Amsterdam, Utrecht, Scheveningen...

Welcome, Draexin! It is with a mix of pride and shame that I admit my documentation of ACF is detailed enough that I know your member ID. :monster:

During its lifespan ACF seems to have accumulated roughly 31500 member accounts (possibly more). No idea how many of these were just bots, duplicate accounts etc. Something around 5% of member profiles have been saved in the Wayback Machine but I only have a portion of these documented.

Last edited:

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
I think that would be good TLS YouTube content.

I would but I was a pretty passive bystander to the fire, so I don't have much to add :P

Reading the signature of an ACF member in the Wayback Machine and part of it reads "(No, I'm not flaming)".

I have not heard the term "flaming" in practically a decade. :wacky:

Flaming is the online act of posting insults, often laced with profanity or other offensive language on social networking sites. This term should not be confused with the term trolling, which is the act of someone going online, or in person, and causing discord.

Top Bottom