Adventchildren.net is… totally gone

Rydeen

In-KWEH-dible
So @Shademp inspired me to dig around my old Photobucket account, and aside from nostalgic fanart that doesn't appear to be on the internet anymore, I rediscovered some outrageously terrible things in there. I am deeply amused and even decided to spin up some Linkin Park and Drowning Pool to fully capture the era.

RufusxTifa2.png

SabinSigcopy.png

ThisisSparta.png

DEVOTION131.png

RufusColorbar-2.png

I take full credit for these masterpieces. :awesomonster:

SocraticMethod

Ex ACFer
AKA
ticalmc2k2
These S
So @Shademp inspired me to dig around my old Photobucket account, and aside from nostalgic fanart that doesn't appear to be on the internet anymore, I rediscovered some outrageously terrible things in there. I am deeply amused and even decided to spin up some Linkin Park and Drowning Pool to fully capture the era.

These SCREAM AC.net! The Cloris "Devotion" one made me laugh out loud. There was so much bad fan art then with quotes attached to them and we all just thought it was cool. "That's awesome! How'd they make that?!"

As much as I wanna dig into my old AC stuff, I'm kinda ashamed at what I might find. My MySpace profile at the time was like a hybrid of AC and Anakin Skywalker stuff lol. I can't even imagine what music I had playing on it.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody

I live for this shit. Thanks for sharing lol.

Rydeen

In-KWEH-dible
The fact that I posted all this for people to laugh at my expense tells me I may not be that fundamentally different from my 12 year old self as I like to think (I was a class clown). :monster:

I've been looking for the stuff I made 1-2 years after starting out to evaluate the progress I made in that field, and to my dismay I hosted most of the damn things on ImageShack which is completely dead. Sad because I made tons of stuff and was passionately involved in the inception and growth of FFF's GFX section. I did find a couple tho.

Untitled-1.jpg

ladygagacopy.jpg

I got really into it so when I hit high school I legit wanted to be a professional graphic designer, but I was cynical about the economy, lost PS, and just kinda forgot about it. :P

I miss the age of forum sigs.

God I miss the gfx section of acf, some amazingly talented artists were on that board like rennard and ex machina.

Also the weekly signature competitions were always great to watch.
@Ergo

- Discussion: Page 1 [Lists past SotW winners]
A decent amount of signatures have actually been saved, so it's not all just dead links.

Really digging this signature that ExMachina won with on week 4.
spritesig8dd.jpg

- Discussion: Page 2
- Discussion: Page 3
- Discussion: Page 31
- Discussion: Page 39
- Discussion: Page 40
- Discussion: Page 42
- Discussion: Page 60
- Discussion: Page 74 (thread on its last legs)
- Signature of the Week: 83 Voting Thread

This Shelke one by @HylianMogget is also really nice.
shelk2on0.png

There is definitely a "clean but flashy" feel with many of the signatures that is easy to appreciate.
butterfly2og9.png

Last edited:

Lestat

He/him
AKA
Ergo, V

Fade

SHR
ACF had a ton of drama, but, honestly, even just seeing the old banner/forum skin always makes me really nostalgic. It was the first forum I ever joined (and I joined in like '03 so I think I was there for pretty much its whole lifespan) and it was pretty much my introduction to fandom in general. It's also what got me into Photoshop. I had no idea what PS was when I joined ACF, but I thought forum sigs/tags were the coolest things ever and I got obsessed with learning how to make them. For the last few years of ACF I don't think I posted in any section other than the GFX forum very much. Those SOTW threads really take me back - thanks for posting them, Shademp! I still have a bunch of my old ones. I can throw some up on imgur later once I have more time.

I lurked on AC.net and continue to lurk here. The most active I've been with posting was with the release of FF7R, and even that wan't consistent.

I sure would like to be more involved with the community, but it takes me way too long to write something. I often second guess myself with thoughts like "does anyone really care what I think" or "I don't want to be a bother." And when I do feel strongly enough to post I'll easily spend an hour finding the right words and making sure it flows nicely.

Like this post alone was 30 mins lol.

Gosh, I relate to this so much - like if a post takes 15 minutes that's "fast" for me. For what it's worth, you're not alone!

Top Bottom