Adventchildren.net is… totally gone

Erotic Materia

[CONFUSED SCREAMING]
TLS has a history of drama too, not as extreme but pretty up there; it's still here if you know where to look :monster:
I've spent a significant chunk of my work day looking through wayback machine's archive (my job is hard, I tell ya)... I think both ACF and TLS have benefited from their overall base getting older/maturing, on average.

EDIT: I mean, ACF would have benefited, if it y'know, still existed.

Rydeen

In-KWEH-dible
ACF seemed to be divided into three camps. It actually had four formal (as in, separate private sub forums) groups and each one had their own culture. There was serious friction between two of them that erupted in an e-war lol. One side was the Renegades of Apocalypse and the other was Somewhat Obsessed. I’m about to make some sweeping generalizations that obviously don’t apply to everyone. RoA was largely a group with a large portion of mods and the asskissers thereof. The culture therein was prim and holier than thou, and included the admin, who was a severely delusional woman who believed she was Sephiroth’s exclusive lover. SO had a trashy 3edgy5me 4Chan culture. The third category were the Fated Children and Crystal Inc members who were generally more laid back and didn’t really like to start shit. Eventually SO seeped into FC and RoA seeped into CI and the civil war just got so out of hand that I can’t even remember exactly what happened.

What a time lol.

Actually, I wonder if the ED article is still up.

Oh dear god it is.

Erotic Materia

[CONFUSED SCREAMING]
ACF seemed to be divided into three camps. It actually had four formal (as in, separate private sub forums) groups and each one had their own culture. There was serious friction between two of them that erupted in an e-war lol. One side was the Renegades of Apocalypse and the other was Somewhat Obsessed. I’m about to make some sweeping generalizations that obviously don’t apply to everyone. RoA was largely a group with a large portion of mods and the asskissers thereof. The culture therein was prim and holier than thou, and included the admin, who was a severely delusional woman who believed she was Sephiroth’s exclusive lover. SO had a trashy 3edgy5me 4Chan culture. The third category were the Fated Children and Crystal Inc members who were generally more laid back and didn’t really like to start shit. Eventually SO seeped into FC and RoA seeped into CI and the civil war just got so out of hand that I can’t even remember exactly what happened.

What a time lol.

Actually, I wonder if the ED article is still up.

Oh dear god it is.
Yeah, I've been trawling through it. While I typically avoid ED like the edgelord plague it is, the summary of major events is the only real info I've found, and it's been helpful...outside of the overtly racist/homophobic/etc shit they always pepper throughout their entries :monster:

Last edited:

Rydeen

In-KWEH-dible
It’s that kind of shit that made me hate SO. Like yeah RoA was on a massive power trip, but SO would constantly start shit and get surprised pikachu when they were formally warned. I was an FC kid but when SO started to edge its way in I moved to CI, which was mostly weebs like me who just wanted to weeb in peace lol. A lot of us would get picked on elsewhere but I was also a literal 12 year old and said stupid 12 year old shit. :P

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
God there were some fucking cunts on there. I remember thinking they were arseholes but also that somehow they must have earned the right to be dicks through their superior knowledge of...*checks notes*...anime.

But really they were just God-level-moms-basement-masturbatory-weebs

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
So I guess the collapse of AC.net is what lead to the rise of TLS.net?

That is absolutely correct.

Summoner Yuna pulled the plug on the forum after an egregiously dramatic stupid decision which resulted in mass bannings and crap. Yop, myself and others basically ripped as much of the data and all we had provided them to restart a new forum and site unattached to the toxic drama that was unfortunately connected to that forum.

From there, AC.net stayed where it belonged.

In our memories.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
That is absolutely correct.

Summoner Yuna pulled the plug on the forum after an egregiously dramatic stupid decision which resulted in mass bannings and crap. Yop, myself and others basically ripped as much of the data and all we had provided them to restart a new forum and site unattached to the toxic drama that was unfortunately connected to that forum.

From there, AC.net stayed where it belonged.

In our memories.

You are a hero and a patriot, sir :salute:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I haven't finished the FFVII remake yet :monster:

Anyway IIRC we didn't rip content off of AC.net, we got the original authors (like Pixel, Hito, X, Tres, I'm sure I'm missing a lot) on board because they wanted a space to post their stuff.

I got banned for trying to back up the forums though; the forums went dark while the staff reorganized, but I was on staff as well and still had access. Pulled a tool I hacked together - should see if I still have it somewhere - to move FFOF's poasts off of InvisionFree into vB and converted it to work with vB. Off course they found out after a while and booted me, but it was a good attempt - I did it for conservation, because there was a lot of good shit on there.

And that's why I'm personally not a big fan of the amount of activity on Discord, because it's so fleeting, whereas forum posts are forever. That can be a bad thing as well btw :monster:

Anyway she should've sold it. I think it was Gabe who even offered to buy it back when? It would've remained in the hands of people that knew the site and its people, instead of a scalper who buys shit, pumps up the views / ad revenue and sells it off again for money. Instead, new admins were sourced from outside because ??? and things kinda went downhill even more from there.

anyway I was doing me a curious; the domain name is now managed by https://www.cscglobal.com/, "world's leading provider of business, legal, tax, and digital brand services to companies around the globe"; I suspect it's just a holding company for a marketing bureau or something. No registrar data (like owner) available. The IP address points to Bangkok, Thailand for some reason.

I suspect the change happened in 2018, but that's based on internet archive which doesn't have a good archive of the thing in 2018, but while it was loading the page title changed to NetSurveillance something, which implies it was pointing to someone's IP camera. No clue what the deal with that is, might just be whoever owns it had it pointing at a random IP address. I could look up the exact WHOIS history but those are apparently paid services, so never mind.

Lestat

He/him
AKA
Ergo, V
I haven't finished the FFVII remake yet :monster:

Anyway IIRC we didn't rip content off of AC.net, we got the original authors (like Pixel, Hito, X, Tres, I'm sure I'm missing a lot) on board because they wanted a space to post their stuff.

I got banned for trying to back up the forums though; the forums went dark while the staff reorganized, but I was on staff as well and still had access. Pulled a tool I hacked together - should see if I still have it somewhere - to move FFOF's poasts off of InvisionFree into vB and converted it to work with vB. Off course they found out after a while and booted me, but it was a good attempt - I did it for conservation, because there was a lot of good shit on there.

And that's why I'm personally not a big fan of the amount of activity on Discord, because it's so fleeting, whereas forum posts are forever. That can be a bad thing as well btw :monster:

Anyway she should've sold it. I think it was Gabe who even offered to buy it back when? It would've remained in the hands of people that knew the site and its people, instead of a scalper who buys shit, pumps up the views / ad revenue and sells it off again for money. Instead, new admins were sourced from outside because ??? and things kinda went downhill even more from there.

anyway I was doing me a curious; the domain name is now managed by https://www.cscglobal.com/, "world's leading provider of business, legal, tax, and digital brand services to companies around the globe"; I suspect it's just a holding company for a marketing bureau or something. No registrar data (like owner) available. The IP address points to Bangkok, Thailand for some reason.

I suspect the change happened in 2018, but that's based on internet archive which doesn't have a good archive of the thing in 2018, but while it was loading the page title changed to NetSurveillance something, which implies it was pointing to someone's IP camera. No clue what the deal with that is, might just be whoever owns it had it pointing at a random IP address. I could look up the exact WHOIS history but those are apparently paid services, so never mind.
Shodan!!!!!

Rydeen

In-KWEH-dible
She probably didn't to sell it to Gabe because he was friends with a lot of RoA's enemies and she didn't want to give her enemies the satisfaction.

Bizarre how someone would buy the domain name and point it to a random IP tho, and not do anything with it.

Lestat

He/him
AKA
Ergo, V
Going by her mental state near the end I wouldn't be surprised if she had changed the site to be an IP camera watching SW drive around in case she defied the laws of physics again and had another car crash only to return as a guy named sinfinity.

Just minor speculation though.

Top Bottom