FFVII REMAKE Official MODS Thread

ultima786

Pro Adventurer
AKA
ultima
Has anyone done a skybox fix mod shifting all the plates and reactors clockwise, or is the "skybox" all one asset that will need to be replaced once that's possible?
Are we fully confident that this is actually a mistake? I know it really looks that way from certain angles, but when the camera shifts in a particular way, for a moment it seems like we’re under the correct plate. I’ll try to prove this with a video if I can find it. It might be a fish-eye lens issue.

TurquoiseHammer

Pro Adventurer
Are we fully confident that this is actually a mistake? I know it really looks that way from certain angles, but when the camera shifts in a particular way, for a moment it seems like we’re under the correct plate. I’ll try to prove this with a video if I can find it. It might be a fish-eye lens issue.
Definitely a mistake, albeit one I'm sure SE was aware of and decided to keep. Considering our first view of the skybox is from Aerith's church, all the way on the "east" side of the sector, the plate position is clearly off.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
I've been under the assumption that it is the way it is because they couldn't find a way to naturally transition between the Sector 5 and 6 sky boxes, so they chose to just use Sector 6's everywhere. As it stands, fixing sector 5 would break sector 6, wouldn't it?

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
I wonder - are they doing that through alpha transparency (just making the skirt transparent) or is it a model edit? If it's the latter, I think there's a lot more potential of the mods that can be done.

You'd know if it was a model edit...youtube would be flooded with the OG outfits, polygon models and RE:Mind Sora mods. Or in FFXV's case, Thomas the Tank Engine...

TurquoiseHammer

Pro Adventurer
I've been under the assumption that it is the way it is because they couldn't find a way to naturally transition between the Sector 5 and 6 sky boxes, so they chose to just use Sector 6's everywhere. As it stands, fixing sector 5 would break sector 6, wouldn't it?
You're right, it wouldn't be possible to mod unless you also modded in a trigger when walking between them to change the asset. Which maybe wouldn't be too hard, but because there is no loading corridor when you take the open-air route, it would be very ugly and jarring.

jeangl123

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Jean
https://www.nexusmods.com/finalfantasy7remake/mods/315
315-1641676096-2076823063.png

ForceStealer

Double Growth

The loading point is in the short tunnel you walk through with Aerith after she intercepts you leaving Sector 5. After which they have the conversation about "suddenly" being under open sky.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
The loading point is in the short tunnel you walk through with Aerith after she intercepts you leaving Sector 5. After which they have the conversation about "suddenly" being under open sky.
It's way too short for the shift to not be really jarring, is the point. If the collapsed expressway were still the only way to wall market, they could've done it there.

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
I also don't think it would've been too jarring to change the skybox mid-tunnel, but alas. My theory is that they used the Sector 6 skybox to give the lighting in Sector 5 a "source". For example, the sunlight around Aerith's house would look unnatural if the completed Sector 5 plate was above, which blocks out the sun.

Of course the better solution would be to use the correct skybox and just have Sector 5 be dimmer. I found Remake's interpretation far too bight (and far too brown).

I've been thinking of a quick fix since the PS4 days. My solution is to mirror the Sector 7 skybox as it's already capable of transitioning between midday and sunset, plus it has a nighttime variant. Then I'd just install the mod whenever I play Chapter 8. Maybe in a few years modders will develop a way to seamlessly load the two skyboxes in-game to alleviate the issue in Chapter 14, but for now I'd settle for fixing Chapter 8 just for the screenshots.

LegendarySaiyan

AKA: SalihGuclu
Couple of great mods today:

Classic ATB - an actual classic mode, where the ATB goes up regardless of what you do in real time.

Remove ATB Slowdown - Combat now runs at 100% speed whether or not you are in Tactical Mode.

Combining these would simulate the Active Mode from PS1. I know that for some people, this means that there's finally a proper Remake.
I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS!!!:excited:
No more pausing and have the time to think, less time to think of strategies and more fast paced action. Also the Classic ATB is how the ATB should have been in the REMAKE. Love the mods.

My list is almost complete :D

EDIT: Aerith looks so good here!
Aerith A-Line Dress

Last edited:

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Look, I'm fully aware that every time I post a "mAkE iT mOrE LiKe ThE oRiGiNaL" mod, people are gonna force feed me peanut butter, but I MUST share this mod:

https://www.nexusmods.com/finalfantasy7remake/mods/341?tab=videos

Just watch the video. This version is just so incredibly evocative, and quite a nice fan edit as well. I tip my hat to TeamYuffieCloudVincent for this.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I'd need to see how the previous scenes are edited or presented to lead into that portion covered by the video, but that mod definitely showcases the platefall scene of the Remake better to me.

.... But I wouldn't want Cait Sith cut out. :wacky:

I'm not okay with stuffed kitty erasure.

Top Bottom