SPOILERS LTD Remake — It's like New Coke except ... no, it's exactly like New Coke

abzy1200

Pro Adventurer
There's one more hilarious tweet I saw that they said "If Clerith's kiss happened, Clotis would say it's rebound kiss" or something like that.
1720887198829.png

This one, right?

Really? I'm tired 24/7 of them keep talking about Marlene sinking Zerith and Zack bless Clerith. Also Clotis don't help because they defend the ship BUT hate Aerith. So I'm exhausted of another 24/7 of them keep saying Zerith is just Clotis in disguise, spare ship, Zeriths dont'c care of Aerith, they're all Zack-fanboy, etc.
I've heard that Cali quietened down ever since Rebirth.@/ ActuallyCloud ( I think that was their @?) on twitter deleted their account. That Lashley shipper deleted their thread about Cloud and Tifa not being in a relationship during Advent Children.

Ryeleigh

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Rye
You know, this is stating the obvious but whom you get as a date in FF7 has to do with the other character's affection for Cloud, not Cloud's affection for the other character.* So if Cloud gets Tifa as a date, it's because her affection for him is high. But him initiating the hug/kiss on the date is because of Cloud's affection for her. If I'm making sense, lol.

*Though, to be honest, I find that kind of silly because if Cloud didn't have affection for these characters then probably their affection for him wouldn't rise either, lol.

pxl_pushr

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pixel
You know, this is stating the obvious but whom you get as a date in FF7 has to do with the other character's affection for Cloud, not Cloud's affection for the other character.* So if Cloud gets Tifa as a date, it's because her affection for him is high. But him initiating the hug/kiss on the date is because of Cloud's affection for her. If I'm making sense, lol.

*Though, to be honest, I find that kind of silly because if Cloud didn't have affection for these characters then probably their affection for him wouldn't rise either, lol.
This is why, at least as far as I’m concerned, it’s reasonable to assume all side content got done and the HA of every date is the actual version. From there, slot in whichever you see fit because they don’t derail the story at all.

Doesn’t really matter to me if people’s preferred path is the Aerith HA GS date, the end result remains the same: she ends up dead with her feelings for Cloud still being uncertain, but she lets him go regardless in order to do her part to save the world.

Oh and the fact that Crisis Core Reunion is the free PS Plus game? SE really wants people to play it, probably so this Zack guy makes any sense and people can pick up on the visual touchstones sprinkled throughout Aerith’s side of the narrative.

Shove your head in the sand all day long, but CC is undeniably part of the story and it’s references used with intent.

Maidenofwar

They/Them
And that got you Mochiron or Nakama, to be clear? I'm guessing mochiron, which would give us a mochiron result for having a single date. I'm guessing you don't have the affinity to get the other ch12 dates even on a clear file, but it would be interesting to test some other variations at low affection as well as high. Possible variations of Aerith date include YN, YY, NY, NN, and I'm curious if it's matter of "If date >=1" or a more complex and/or situation.

Indeed, I didn't get Nakama after reloading my Chapter 13 save, redoing chapter 8 with Aerith selected for my date, then doing chapter 14. Interestingly I do get the "Nakama" version if I load my chapter 13 save from default and immediately do chapter 14 from chapter select. Seems the game has some sort of date flag that needs to be reset by doing c8 or c12 over to a certain point if you want to manually reset the line.

I now have a more up to date post game file so I'll probably mess around with it more yeah.

Last edited:

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
The level of character assassination to try and downplay a simple kiss ( that in some cases, they were sure was going to CA ) is fascinating. Doesn’t matter that it ruins these characters we’re supposed be rooting for, nope victory at any cost.
I guess Pyrrhic victories are still victories for them.

View attachment 17135

This one, right?

I've heard that Cali quietened down ever since Rebirth.@/ ActuallyCloud ( I think that was their @?) on twitter deleted their account. That Lashley shipper deleted their thread about Cloud and Tifa not being in a relationship during Advent Children.
Their predictions have all gone wrong and no one is buying the spin, so a lot of them are going quiet or even dark to avoid facing the embarrassment.

It's not terribly obvious to a lot of people, actually, but part of it comes from a misunderstanding. It comes from Otome games, which the affection mechanics resemble, but in those the player's affection is assumed to be the same as the player's affection, as the PC is a blank slate, and it's the possible love interests whos affections towards the player/ character change. Cloud isn't a blank slate, but people still assume you get to decide who he has affection for and how much, but Cloud is his own character with already decided affections. All you choose is the affection his companions have for him, and not even him him but his current persona.

Indeed, I didn't get Nakama after reloading my Chapter 13 save, redoing chapter 8 with Aerith selected for my date, then doing chapter 14. Interestingly I do get the "Nakama" version if I load my chapter 13 save from default and immediately do chapter 14 from chapter select. Seems the game has some sort of date flag that needs to be reset by doing c8 or c12 over to a certain point if you want to manually reset the line.

I now have a more up to date post game file so I'll probably mess around with it more yeah.
Thanks for the info and no rush.

abzy1200

Pro Adventurer
Their predictions have all gone wrong and no one is buying the spin, so a lot of them are going quiet or even dark to avoid facing the embarrassment.
Cali claims there is a perfect opportunity for a love confession in part 3. We all know what scene she's talking about, but the funny part is, there's already one in the game(s).

1. Lifestream Sequence.
2. Cloti GS date in Rebirth.

The predictions they make usually come true for us, so...keep predicting stuff Cleriths.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
Cali claims there is a perfect opportunity for a love confession in part 3. We all know what scene she's talking about, but the funny part is, there's already one in the game(s).

1. Lifestream Sequence.
2. Cloti GS date in Rebirth.

The predictions they make usually come true for us, so...keep predicting stuff Cleriths.
I mean, I said "go wrong" rather than "are wrong" for a reason.
And there were already a few love confessions in the OG you couldn't skip. We call them Mideel, the Lifestream Sequence, and again under the highwind. No sense removing them for Part 3.

Also, it strikes me that the list of FF canon pairs who are confirmed to live together is quite small. Locke and Celes don't get that, Squall and Rinoa, Irvine and Selphie, Zell and Pigtail girl do not, No one in FF9 gets that, not even Steiner and Beatrix, Tidus and Yuna IIRC don't, even before things shit the bed in 2.5, Noctis and Luna only get that in the extended ending of the novel, and Clive and Jill don't get that confirmation.
Vaan and Penelo sort of do, but they spend most of their time traveling.

Don't get me wrong, I think most of these people do, we just never see them do this, much less see them adopt a kid.

The standards applied to CT specifically are the highest in the franchise.

Last edited:

pxl_pushr

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pixel
I mean, I said "go wrong" rather than "are wrong" for a reason.
And there were already a few love confessions in the OG you couldn't skip. We call them Mideel, the Lifestream Sequence, and again under the highwind. No sense removing them for Part 3.

Also, it strikes me that the list of FF canon pairs who are confirmed to live together is quite small. Locke and Celes don't get that, Squall and Rinoa, Irvine and Selphie, Zell and Pigtail girl do not, No one in FF9 gets that, not even Steiner and Beatrix, Tidus and Yuna IIRC don't, even before things shit the bed in 2.5, Noctis and Luna only get that in the extended ending of the novel, and Clive and Jill don't get that confirmation.
Vaan and Penelo sort of do, but they spend most of their time traveling.

Don't get me wrong, I think most of these people do, we just never see them do this, much less see them adopt a kid.

Absurdly high, to the point of on one hand claiming to know tropes inside and out while also having the other hand deny the simplest implications of Cloud and Tifa’s living situation.

Nojima strikes me as the type of writer who tries to avoid characters saying “I love you” in those exact terms and avoid showing you clerical proof of what should be obvious based on context clues. He may have to cave in this case, and I have mixed feelings about that.

abzy1200

Pro Adventurer
"Cloti isn't canon because Denzel isn't their biological son"

Seriously, though. Cloud and Tifa - the first straight couple in existence to get the roommates treatment, with a son too.

Absurdly high, to the point of on one hand claiming to know tropes inside and out while also having the other hand deny the simplest implications of Cloud and Tifa’s living situation.
Because admitting to somebody that your motivation in life has been them for nearly your whole life just can't possibly be any type of romantic.

And it was admitted during a one-of-a-kind situation where your subconcious is melded to hers and you both end up in an ethereal world where you guide her through your most precious memories. Yet Cloud and Aerith are soulmates, despite the most soulmate-y scene in the entire game happening with...Tifa.

pxl_pushr

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pixel

Seriously, though. Cloud and Tifa - the first straight couple in existence to get the roommates treatment, with a son too.

Because admitting to somebody that your motivation in life has been them for nearly your whole life just can't possibly be any type of romantic.

And it was admitted during a one-of-a-kind situation where your subconcious is melded to hers and you both end up in an ethereal world where you guide her through your most precious memories. Yet Cloud and Aerith are soulmates, despite the most soulmate-y scene in the entire game happening with...Tifa.
It’s one of, if not the most intimate scene in the entire franchise, to date. Everything good and bad about Cloud is on full display, and Tifa still accepts him regardless.

Doesn’t get any more unconditional than that.

That said, after watching the end to Rebirth again… I’m really suspecting the clarification on how Cloud’s persona works in relation to his true self may cause some… controversy and it may be narrative justification for making the kiss in Rebirth optional.

I’m wondering if Cloud will feel some kind of emotional detachment from Aerith’s death, as in he’ll remember the facts of the event, but the emotions tied to it won’t be there. We’ll see the scene in its entirety, but actual Cloud will react to it no differently than if he were watching it play out on a television.

abzy1200

Pro Adventurer
I’m wondering if Cloud will feel some kind of emotional detachment from Aerith’s death, as in he’ll remember the facts of the event, but the emotions tied to it won’t be there. We’ll see the scene in its entirety, but actual Cloud will react to it no differently than if he were watching it play out on a television.
I mean, it is implied in the original that the Cloud we play as for most of the game has straight up another version of himself inside him that thinks independently of the persona. Him being spoken to after he fell into the church, for example. And by that same token, since this trapped Cloud is obviously aware of his surroundings, I don't see why he couldn't independently form opinions on things around him, including people.

I've always kinda seen that his persona is meta, in the sense that he truly is a puppet, since you as a player are playing as him and deciding what he says. Which is why the dialogue options more or less dissappear after the Northern Crater.

But then it's a question of whether or not SOLDIER Cloud dissappears or merges with Real Cloud.

It’s one of, if not the most intimate scene in the entire franchise, to date. Everything good and bad about Cloud is on full display, and Tifa still accepts him regardless.
By far and away my most anticipated scene in part 3, Northern Crater and Mideel aren't too far behind.

But anyways, I fail to think of another scene as intimate as it, or like it. It is an exclusively Tifa and Cloti thing, where as Aerith showing up and reaching her hand out to Cloud happens for Kadaj, and Zack also appears to Cloud in the film, and Aerith also appears to interact with nameless children in the church at the end of the film. Cloti wins again on the soulmate front, which is funny, because you'll never guess which side of this "debate" bangs on about soulmatism the most.

MissMDusk

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
Mari
Cali claims there is a perfect opportunity for a love confession in part 3.
I don't get this... Hasn't Aerith technically confessed to Cloud twice in Rebirth? What's the point of having ANOTHER confession?

These people only see FF7 through some dumb shipping lense, which is so unfortunate. The game is full of rich characters, a (now maybe needlessly) complex plot with relatable overarching themes.

But BECAUSE the endgame has to end with a certain ship, these people choose to break, twist and force in certain plot predictions for part 3 that makes no sense after thinking about it for 5 seconds, the whole theory falls apart. They haven't given a reason as to why the game shouldn't end on a similar path the OG did. Did they think the devs hated the way they ended the original game? That the devs hated the OG end so much that they would completely change it in this remake, breaking all themes told by the OG on life, death and repentance? Do they think the devs hated AC/ACC so much that they'd make a new ending to completely invalidate it?

The devs even went out of their way to make corrections to AC with ACC, to get their point across about Cloud suffering from grief, thinking he didn't deserve to be happy with his family as two of his closest friends died seemingly 'by his hand'. They spent money to make this ending for FF7... twice.

They remake CC before Rebirth, almost showing a continuation on where they left off with Zack's story. They rerelease ACC (I don't believe they have ever referenced or rerelease the original AC) to cement how the characters end in this universe. Nojima has made books to elaborate and expand the lore of FF7... To just throw that away for some ship?

I really don't get it.

EDIT: Sorry for the rant, I think certain extremes are becoming crazier the closer we get to part 3 and seemingly the end of this saga. The amount of crazy takes I've seen of Tifa, Zack and Cloud all for the sake of CA is insane. Same with some takes on Aerith all because of CT. People suggesting Cloud "barely tolerated" Aerith throughout Rebirth is so ew, such a disrespect to the characters.

Last edited:

Ryeleigh

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Rye
These people only see FF7 through some dumb shipping lense, which is so unfortunate.
This is why I don't really like shipping meta, not even for canon ships and even less for non-canon ships. I find most shipping meta so reductive for the story and all characters involved.

People suggesting Cloud "barely tolerated" Aerith throughout Rebirth is so ew, such a disrespect to the characters.
There are moments when he's blunt with her. Not "are you really that desperate" levels of blunt but blunt nevertheless. But it's also obvious that Cloud's fond of Aerith as he's fond of all of his "nakama". Like, that's one of the points of his journey, lol.

MissMDusk

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
Mari
This is why I don't really like shipping meta, not even for canon ships and even less for non-canon ships. I find most shipping meta so reductive for the story and all characters involved.
Because the narrative includes a subplot of romance for certain characters, and that there is a "love triangle" at play for the first half of the game, shipping is bound to be a factor. And that's fine, enjoy what you want.

But I wish people would stop diminishing and demonizing characters for the sake of a ship. You're (not you, but the extremists) immediately incorrect the second you attempt to paint characters in an awful light. Yes, they have flaws, but does anyone really think the devs wanted you to hate the characters you're playing?? You think they want you to have a miserable time by investing development into these characters we spend most our game on? Come on...

Also I wish they stop acting like they care about characters when they're clearly trying to just isolate them and push them out the story... For a ship. (Insert: "Tifa deserves better!" also: "She should be independent and alone and away from Cloud who's on the brink of suicide!"). I always laugh when they say that Zack's story has run its course when I feel it's, in fact, the prelude. It's part 1 of his journey to eventually finding Aerith. You don't just make a character like him, fully encompassed in his mission to save Aerith, leave him at the "place of memories" established before, have him talk about the worlds meeting again... To just not use him.

I just find it funny when people ask them "So what do you think happens to Zack in part 3?" , they just go... 🤷‍♀️ shrugs. Like what?? How does that make sense? Another example: "Why did CT kiss and CA didn't?", "It's just fanservice" they say... "He kissed Tifa because he couldn't kiss Aerith. It was a jealousy rebound friendzone jenova fanservice ship-ending kiss... No biggie." There's no way they believe this 😂

Last edited:

Ryeleigh

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Rye
Because the narrative includes a subplot of romance for certain characters, and that there is a "love triangle" at play for the first half of the game, shipping is bound to be a factor. And that's fine, enjoy what you want.
To be fair, shippers are gonna ship even with stories that have zero romance or love triangles, lol. Sometimes they even invent a love triangle.

But most of the extreme behaviour usually correlates with demanding canon/fandom validation. Like, it's not that deep, lmao. Just ship your little paper dolls and stop arguing and twisting everything into pretzels.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu

Nojima strikes me as the type of writer who tries to avoid characters saying “I love you” in those exact terms and avoid showing you clerical proof of what should be obvious based on context clues. He may have to cave in this case, and I have mixed feelings about that.
I think he's getting sick of people deliberately misunderstanding his characters and their relationships. He might push Cloud to be very blunt. Maybe even to a "It's you, it's always been you" level of bluntness.

Not only that but said son and the daughter they are fostering are 'claimed' for CA as 'spiritual children'
I've made the joke that the rules of the game for Cleriths is that 'If it's Tifa it's not romantic, if it's Aerith it is, no matter what 'it' is' and shit like claiming Marlene as Cloud and Aerith's "spiritual child" really makes that not a joke.

Also, talking about 'getting the roommates treatment' I am pretty sure the roommates in the "Oh my god they were roommates" clip were in fact actually roommates given just how mad the woman talking about them was about that fact.

Because Tifa doesn't count to them. Because they've defined the game such that she can't win.

There are moments when he's blunt with her. Not "are you really that desperate" levels of blunt but blunt nevertheless. But it's also obvious that Cloud's fond of Aerith as he's fond of all of his "nakama". Like, that's one of the points of his journey, lol.
Cloud likes Aerith as a friend but he's clueless to the fact that she caught feelings for him, so he's annoyed by her talks of dates and what not. My hypothesis is that he's concluded she's making fun of him, because he's mad at her in those moments but chill with her when she's not talking about that stuff.

To be fair, shippers are gonna ship even with stories that have zero romance or love triangles, lol. Sometimes they even invent a love triangle.

But most of the extreme behaviour usually correlates with demanding canon/fandom validation. Like, it's not that deep, lmao. Just ship your little paper dolls and stop arguing and twisting everything into pretzels.
An excellent go to here is Gundam Wing. There was a super popular crackship that involved two people that literally met once in the entire series, and one of the two wanted to kill the other for causing the death of his wife.

Stiggie

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Stiggie
Holy... the devs took out this line in EC: x.com in Cosmo Canyon when Cloud goes "I'm...? we're here for you", like.... woah I'm so surprised.
haha, oh wow. You know how there are characters who are clearly just characters of the opposite sex, but not positioned as love interests, and characters that the storytelling makes you understand ARE love interests, even if it's not explicitly stated? I've always maintained that there is nothing about Aerith that paints her as being a love interest except THAT single scene...and now they've lost even that.

Maidenofwar

They/Them
I don't know why people in the comments on X are gloating and crowing. EC still has cute things for both CA and CT like Barret mimicking Aerith and Cloud during summer event and telling them to get a room or Aerith’s hey, hey, Cloud, are you jealous, are you?

EC streamlines a lot of stuff, but also adds stuff. The promise sticker is cute also.

I haven't lost anything. Aerith is a love interest, and always will have been. Regardless of endgame.

Anyway the streamer I watch that loves Sephiroth and likes both girls got Aerith standard date for c12 GS, the reactions were very emotional for the whole thing from play to skywheel, and even chat, including someone who is a big Tifa fan, always mentioning her, etc, said it was very romantic the skywheel scenes.

Edit; ok, yeah, I looked and apparently they strimlined some Tifa stuff as well. I personally think some (both sides ) are making a bigger deal of things than maybe necessary.

Last edited:

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
I don't know why people in the comments on X are gloating and crowing. EC still has cute things for both CA and CT like Barret mimicking Aerith and Cloud during summer event and telling them to get a room or Aerith’s hey, hey, Cloud, are you jealous, are you?
Do you have a video of the event showing Barret making fun and what he's making fun of?

Also I can see why people are reacting because for many years, the "I... We" line was put forward as an indicator that Cloud was thinking of Aerith romantically. Likewise the change to Gongaga in EC actually removes the possibility that Cloud can declare that he's jealous of Zack. Now it's Aerith's teasing alone, for which she apologizes.

EC streamlines a lot of stuff, but also adds stuff. The promise sticker is cute also.

I haven't lost anything. Aerith is a love interest, and always will have been. Regardless of endgame.
Politely, I disagree, at least with regards to Cloud. She's a love interest to Zack, and a potential love interest for Cloud, but she never becomes a love interest. He's never aware she's interested in him and he only has eyes for another woman. In that regard she's much like Cissnei, who was ironically in her same position regarding Zack.

Anyway the streamer I watch that loves Sephiroth and likes both girls got Aerith standard date for c12 GS, the reactions were very emotional for the whole thing from play to skywheel, and even chat, including someone who is a big Tifa fan, always mentioning her, etc, said it was very romantic the skywheel scenes.
In a vacuum, it very well could be. It's just in the greater context of him not knowing her being interested, him have literally just remembered she was dating his best friend who died (which he's correct about, if wrong in the details) and wanting to make sure she had closure about his death, in contrast with the other date, etc. that it loses the air of romance while still remaining emotional and tender.

Edit; ok, yeah, I looked and apparently they strimlined some Tifa stuff as well.
What have they streamlined, do you know?

Last edited:

Maidenofwar

They/Them
Well, I haven't played the latest story myself yet but apparently two of Cloud's responses, one for Aerith and one for Tifa are changed to "..."

Here's the scene with Barret mimicking Aerith and Cloud, from around 5.18 -

I'm not saying this is something huge meaning or deep thing though, just cute, funny, and something for people to enjoy like the Easter event.

If yeah, why not?, only happens after Aerith date, I think Cloud knows ... something.

Nobody including myself wants to spoil anything for the streamer I watch, so they don't know about the intimate dates yet. There's to be no discussion or showing of that until the game ends. Due to the nature of the play through and no spoilers rule both c8 and c12 were big surprises. Since for this streamer it was Aerith both times c14 should be interesting. Looking forward to the streams of the rest of the game.

Last edited:

redoak77

Rookie Adventurer
AKA
redoak77
Why do you think it was taken out?
I've been seeing a lot of hullaballoo about it being taken out. In the grand scheme of things, it genuinely means nothing.

More than anything, we'll get some real insight about whether things are gonna be different in EC in how they tackle TOA and FC

abzy1200

Pro Adventurer
I've been seeing a lot of hullaballoo about it being taken out. In the grand scheme of things, it genuinely means nothing.
Both moments being more or less removed (as a clerith thing) means that they were moments the devs took notice of, and decided to change it.

For what reason, I couldn't tell you, but it must have been on their radar to have them put in the effort to change it instead of just pasting it from the original.

Maidenofwar

They/Them
Or it means nothing and they really didn't put that much thought into it just as removing Cloud's "What is it?" to Tifa means nothing, also changed to "..."

EC cuts out a lot from the games or makes things kind of different.

Last edited:
Top Bottom