SPOILERS LTD Remake — It's like New Coke except ... no, it's exactly like New Coke

abzy1200

Pro Adventurer
1. I'm talking about the "but I'm...we're here for you, right?" as well. Not just Gongaga.
2. That moment isn't a cloti moment that clotis flock to as the jealous one is a Clerith moment that people actually did give attention and care about.
3. I highly doubt there was zero thought at all put into it. It was a concious decision to have it changed.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Yeah most CTs don’t really put much importance to CT scenes before disc 2 tbh. Gongaga has never meant much, but if anything we had a good scene with it in EC now.

Personally I think they are trying to make themselves a little bit clearer with EC and we’re seeing what a close remake/non expanded/ of OG would look like.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
It being important for the plot doesn’t mean it’s romantic though 😅 it’s not a romance scene but it’s still very important is what I mean. And it’s still there in EC too.

pxl_pushr

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pixel
It being important for the plot doesn’t mean it’s romantic though 😅 it’s not a romance scene but it’s still very important is what I mean. And it’s still there in EC too.
Just to have the full thought here, and correct me if I’m wrong @Eerie

Tifa expresses doubts in Cosmo Canyon that Cloud is really Cloud, and in Gongaga her reaction to Zack being brought up is similar ( not sure if this is true for Gongaga in EC, so anyone playing it can verify )

That then is used to logic out that Tifa’s original GS Date that gets interrupted is actually a romantic confession vs her bringing up anything about Cloud’s faulty memory.

Again, I may be misrepresenting that line of thought, so anyone feel free to set the record straight.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Well, I haven't played the latest story myself yet but apparently two of Cloud's responses, one for Aerith and one for Tifa are changed to "..."

Here's the scene with Barret mimicking Aerith and Cloud, from around 5.18 -

Ah this one. I hadn't seen the full thing in english before. Hard to call that a cute CA moment exactly because what comes before Barret's mockery is Cloud getting very flustered upon seeing Tifa's new outfit and Aerith teasing him about that. Maybe it's a win for the OT3 crowd.

I'm not saying this is something huge meaning or deep thing though, just cute, funny, and something for people to enjoy like the Easter event.

If yeah, why not?, only happens after Aerith date, I think Cloud knows ... something.
Interesting to note, the mocap artist for Cloud has been playing the game and he got to the ch14 sector 5. He knows the script from the backend, and he was actually a bit confused, because he was expecting a full sentence there, both the Mochiron and the Nakama parts.

As for what Cloud knows, even if he does know, there's everything else to contend with. It's actually more damning for the CA ship if Cloud does know how Aerith feels, because that means she "knows where she stands" with him even when he knows how she feels.

Nobody including myself wants to spoil anything for the streamer I watch, so they don't know about the intimate dates yet. There's to be no discussion or showing of that until the game ends. Due to the nature of the play through and no spoilers rule both c8 and c12 were big surprises. Since for this streamer it was Aerith both times c14 should be interesting. Looking forward to the streams of the rest of the game.
Are you going to inform them of the existence of the other dates and the intimate versions after the plot wraps up then?

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Interesting to note, the mocap artist for Cloud has been playing the game and he got to the ch14 sector 5. He knows the script from the backend, and he was actually a bit confused, because he was expecting a full sentence there, both the Mochiron and the Nakama parts.
Interestingly, a CT back then theorised that in Japanese it felt very much like "of course, we're friends" should be one sentence - literally how it felt while playing. I feel they should definitely be one sentence, and the fact that no one still knows exactly how to get HA/LA church scenes also feels very random. People have been getting both Tifa dates AND HA Aerith scene, for example. It almost feels like a bug, since, why is it not described in the Ultimania? xD That's the kind of feature that should be in the Ulti, just like how to get the dates etc.

Nancy

Pro Adventurer
Tifa expresses doubts in Cosmo Canyon that Cloud is really Cloud, and in Gongaga her reaction to Zack being brought up is similar ( not sure if this is true for Gongaga in EC, so anyone playing it can verify )

Yeah, it's true. Tifa still does the same as in the OG in EC.

I guess the only difference from OG and EC would be after you talk with the party in Cosmo Canyon they got up and left.

Stiggie

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Stiggie
nteresting to note, the mocap artist for Cloud has been playing the game and he got to the ch14 sector 5. He knows the script from the backend, and he was actually a bit confused, because he was expecting a full sentence there, both the Mochiron and the Nakama parts.
this is interesting, do you have a source or citation or something for this because this would be pretty important imo but can't take your word for it unfortunately, these things too often become a game of telephone after all.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
this is interesting, do you have a source or citation or something for this because this would be pretty important imo but can't take your word for it unfortunately, these things too often become a game of telephone after all.
Completely understandable. Provenance etc.

Thank you for finding it so I didn't have to go searching.

Roundhouse

Pro Adventurer
Does anyone else find the name of this thread grating? Like people who post here must see it again and again and again, with the line about Coke and new Coke imprinting in your minds forever. Hell it might even be helping the marketing for Coke in general with the amount of attention and posts here.

It's like new coke except...no it's exactly like new coke but it's old coke except it's nothing like old coke and it's like new coke except arggghh!

Stiggie

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Stiggie
that does give off that vibe doesn't it?

In general, the sentence "Nakama Dakarana" is weird to me as a response to Aerith, since it lacks a confirmation.
Aerith asks for confirmation, but Cloud instantly say "because we're friends", without a "yes...because we're friends" or something like that. I know the nuance is likely to be different in japanese, perhaps the lack of a confirmation is less weird there, but its still noticeable.
"Mochiron, nakama dakarana" feels a lot more natural.

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
I take off for a couple of months and I find everything exactly the same as when I left. It's nice to know things haven't changed (actually, I'm quite appalled at some of the takes I just saw catching up on this thread).

I saw someone earlier say how much of great guy Zack is for sleeping without a blanket so Aerith could have a pillow. I also want to add that Zack decides he needs to do what he can to fix Cloud so Aerith can be saved. It shows that he cares about Aerith's well-being and happiness to the exclusion of his own happiness, which is quite romantic in my opinion. And characters that are that pure are typically rewarded in some way when it comes to narratives.

Also, I audibly laughed for a good few minutes when I saw that tweet from some years past saying that Cloti fans would call a Clerith kiss something done out of jealousy. That's incredibly ironic.

abzy1200

Pro Adventurer
It shows that he cares about Aerith's well-being and happiness to the exclusion of his own happiness, which is quite romantic in my opinion. And characters that are that pure are typically rewarded in some way when it comes to narratives.
Much like Tifa and her decision to put Cloud before herself in Mideel, that she is rewarded for this. I have no doubt Zack will be the same.

actually, I'm quite appalled at some of the takes I just saw catching up on this thread).
uuuuuuh...they weren't any of mine were they?

Also, I audibly laughed for a good few minutes when I saw that tweet from some years past saying that Cloti fans would call a Clerith kiss something done out of jealousy. That's incredibly ironic.
It just shows they don't believe what they're saying. How do you know a Clerith is lying? Their lips are moving.

and welcome back, if you plan to stay, that is.

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
Much like Tifa and her decision to put Cloud before herself in Mideel, that she is rewarded for this. I have no doubt Zack will be the same.

uuuuuuh...they weren't any of mine were they?

It just shows they don't believe what they're saying. How do you know a Clerith is lying? Their lips are moving.

and welcome back, if you plan to stay, that is.

None were from anyone in this thread, just some of the outlandish tweets and youtube comments people posted earlier.

And let's be real, it's cope. If Aerith got an optional kiss and Tifa didn't, then they most certainly would lord it over the Cloti fandom.

Also, thanks... I do plan to stay. I just took off because I wanted a much needed detox from the LTD.

EDIT: Grammar

Last edited:

Ryeleigh

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Rye
I saw someone earlier say how much of great guy Zack is for sleeping without a blanket so Aerith could have a pillow. I also want to add that Zack decides he needs to do what he can to fix Cloud so Aerith can be saved. It shows that he cares about Aerith's well-being and happiness to the exclusion of his own happiness, which is quite romantic in my opinion. And characters that are that pure are typically rewarded in some way when it comes to narratives.
And yet I've seen people call that moment his "cuck shed".

You know, at some point you have to wonder if people even like the story they're talking about or if they like the version of the story they wholesale made up in their heads.

abzy1200

Pro Adventurer
You know, at some point you have to wonder if people even like the story they're talking about or if they like the version of the story they wholesale made up in their heads.
Y'know, the wording of this has reminded me of a really funny, really true twitter post that I think of 24/7 on ff7twt.

"Cleriths just wholesale deny canon parts of the story. You could say Cloud and Tifa had sex under the airship and they'd be like 'you idiot! FF7 doesn't HAVE an airship'"

And let's be real, it's cope. If Aerith got an optional kiss and Tifa didn't, then they most certainly would lord it over the Cloti fandom.
Same thing with living together, running a business, raising a child etc etc.

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
And yet I've seen people call that moment his "cuck shed".

People are weird or they need some reason to clown on the character. Zack is just a good person, and therefore he’ll do the right thing regardless of his own happiness. For example, he could have abandoned Cloud after Nibelheim. He most assuredly would be alive and reunited with Aerith if that were the case… but he didn’t because that’s not who he is.

Also, a cuck is someone who gets off on their partner having relationships with others or they are people who have been cheated on, neither of which actually apply here as Zack isn’t particularly happy with the idea that Aerith might have feelings for Cloud. Moreover, Aerith and Cloud haven’t kissed or had sex, they’ve only talked (and the dialogue indicates that neither are exactly sure about their feelings) so he hasn’t exactly been cheated on either.

It’s just another method to downplay Zack’s importance to Aerith.

Last edited:

Ryeleigh

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Rye
People are weird or they need some reason to clown on the character. Zack is just a good person, and therefore he’ll do the right thing regardless of his own happiness. For example, he could have abandoned Cloud after Nibelheim. He most assuredly would be alive and reunited with Aerith if that were the case… but he didn’t because that’s not who he is.
"But he's meeeeaaaan! Zack wanted to become mercenaries with his comatose buddy!" (Actual takes I've seen, lol.)

Which makes me wonder if these people have never played any other Japanese RPG. "Mercenaries" and "rangers" in JRPGs mean "jack-of-all-trades". Which includes killing monsters around the neighbourhood, fixing houses, finding pets and things, doing laundry, picking and selling flowers etc. Which is, unsurprisingly, what Cloud does in Re-trilogy. And not, like, a literal sellsword.

Hence why I increasingly keep asking if they even like FF7 or if they like the FF7 they made up in their heads, lol.

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
"But he's meeeeaaaan! Zack wanted to become mercenaries with his comatose buddy!" (Actual takes I've seen, lol.)

Which makes me wonder if these people have never played any other Japanese RPG. "Mercenaries" and "rangers" in JRPGs mean "jack-of-all-trades". Which includes killing monsters around the neighbourhood, fixing houses, finding pets and things, doing laundry, picking and selling flowers etc. Which is, unsurprisingly, what Cloud does in Re-trilogy. And not, like, a literal sellsword.

Hence why I increasingly keep asking if they even like FF7 or if they like the FF7 they made up in their heads, lol.
That's so dumb. Zack wanted to become mercenaries together because that's what he was gonna do and he didn't want to abandon Cloud so he thought they could do it together. This is a fantasy setting, do people think that anyone that doesn't want to work a 9-5 job is some sort of bad guy. What does that make Barret then, because by their logic, he should be the biggest piece of shit ever.

I'm convinced they either haven't played the game, or their brains were on autopilot after Disc 1. They also have made up versions of the characters in their head that aren't compatible with what we see.

Take the jealousy argument for instance.

1) It makes Cloud a douchebag.

2) If Aerith ever found out that Cloud did this, she'd be super upset on Tifa's behalf.

They fail to realize that Aerith herself would be offended by such a thing. Not to mention the rest of the cast would be very disappointed with Cloud. It’s almost as if it makes Cloud a bad person to do something like that.

Also, calling Zack mean; when it’s pretty easy to see that all he ever wants to do is help people is pretty ick.

Edit: I added the last two paragraphs.

Last edited:

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
Does anyone else find the name of this thread grating? Like people who post here must see it again and again and again, with the line about Coke and new Coke imprinting in your minds forever. Hell it might even be helping the marketing for Coke in general with the amount of attention and posts here.

It's like new coke except...no it's exactly like new coke but it's old coke except it's nothing like old coke and it's like new coke except arggghh!
I agree. A new name is needed now that Rebirth has been out for a while.

Top Bottom