SPOILERS LTD Remake — It's like New Coke except ... no, it's exactly like New Coke

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
It’s interesting how many people have taken wildly different interpretations from this quote. What’s the general consensus from people here?
The devs have their own story in mind and they're not worried about what the players want to see but what they need.
The part about Aerith- She's dead but her story isn't done. I think she and Zack have a part to play in Pt 3 apart from the living party. Probably some Jungian Akhashic record stuff with the lifestream.

pxl_pushr

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pixel
The devs have their own story in mind and they're not worried about what the players want to see but what they need.
The part about Aerith- She's dead but her story isn't done. I think she and Zack have a part to play in Pt 3 apart from the living party. Probably some Jungian Akhashic record stuff with the lifestream.
Yeah, I think we’re ultimately building up to Aerith being a type of figure that, at the end of one’s life, she will appear as whoever that person needs to let go of their regret.

For Cloud it will be his mother (at the end of FF7) and herself (ACC) even though he doesn’t really die. He kinda rides the line before he’s sent back to the living.

For Zack it will be Angeal, for three musketeers Sephy remnants “mother”, and on down the line.

For Sephiroth it’ll be nobody (because Sephiroth is Jenova) or Lucrecia.

Don’t really know how we’ll get there, but we’ll get there.

But yeah, they’re keeping an eye on fan buzz to see what to touch on where appropriate and maybe what to use to show off another “what if” scenario

Eerie

Fire and Blood
I think what frustrated fans when Aerith died in the OG other than they thought she was the love interest, was all those possibilities that suddenly close. It's true too in Rebirth: ToA is the place where Aerith starts to finally accept her Cetra lineage, in the OG you can get her best weapon right before, etc. Everything seems to line up for her (big red flag when you think about it), and then she dies.

And it's also a fact that we know Aerith was most certainly doing things behind everyone's back in the LS; but in the OG they managed to not show her again, which is good enough for Nomura, because this time around, they're certainly going to show us what she's going to do in the LS. Aerith is unique in that she's the only character (with Zack, because Zack is protected by her/the Planet) whom they can still use once dead. That's also one of the reasons why Tifa was never going to die.

I've said it pre-Remake, but even back then I thought we were going to see what Aerith does in the LS, and that's why Nomura says that her role isn't finished. Because this time, we're going to see how she saves the Planet - it is her role after all.

Top Bottom