SPOILERS LTD Remake — It's like New Coke except ... no, it's exactly like New Coke

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
I was today years old when I learned (well it was this week but maybe I knew and forgot), honestly I'm so confused my memory's terrible, Cloud and Tifa don't actually kiss ... yet. Like Cloud and Aerith had "Words Interrupted by the Fireworks" the Cloud and Tifa kiss was interrupted by the fireworks ... That's ... kind of adorable and even explains why things were still a bit shy/awkward when they got off the ride.

That's even more endearing to me personally although I'm not sure how many people including CTs know. It just means there is still more that could happen in the next game.

Cloud's still not fully himself yet and honestly it never made sense for the CT climax to happen already. It's also like how could they top that without showing r18

I'd even go so far to say all three pairs are still "first steps" and innocent/naive (not counting endgame/AC) That ... doesn't bother me personally. I don't see a problem with people enjoying these moments or finding the romance in them while being aware of the framing and trappings.

I made sure to check and rechecked on this. It's a kiss on the cheek. I made sure to check video just in case. The final shot Tifa's lips are visible. I think Tifa turns her cheek at the last moment and thus Cloud planted one on there instead. Of course it's your perogative to think otherwise. I didn't know what people were talking about with kiss on the cheek so I made sure to check it myself.

What you're getting confused by is that they have not yet actually made contact as the scene pans away. This is a discretionary pan, and it's used a LOT in film when you want to imply something steamier than you can actually show, or which might be difficult to animate. You'll find that most in engine kisses even in modern games use cheats like this. Jedi Survivor, FF16, etc. all used camera angles and cutaways to show a kiss without needing the lips to touch.

Top Bottom