• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Good things about DoC

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
It wasn't a separate MMORPG (neither was it MMO or an RPG :P), it was an integrated online mode that we just didn't get. :monster:

Last edited:

OWA-2

Pro Adventurer
It wasn't a seperate MMORPG (neither was it MMO or an RPG :P),

D'oh! You are right, it wasn't an RPG. :P

But why not a MMO? What is a MMO if not a multiplayer game you play online?

it was an integrated online mode that we just didn't get. :monster:

Because it failed in Japan and S-E had to 'close' it. My point still stands.

Last edited:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
But why not a MMO? What is a MMO if not a multiplayer game you play online?

MMO is massively multiplayer online. I don't think DC featured a "massive" amount of players that could play together, it was pretty standard.
At least. I think so. :monster:

Because it failed in Japan and S-E had to 'close' it. My point still stands.

Yeah well, the game itself failed, so the multiplayer mode would fail automatically. :wacky: But it was free as far as I remember, so it's not like they got a lot of money out of it in the first place...

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa
Oh, I forgot Vincent's fake death at the end. That really had me fooled, because it's not like they did exactly the same in Advent Children and Before Crisis. :awesome:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
At least there wasn't already footage from a later chronological entry in the Compilation proving that Vincent was alive as with Advent Children :monster:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
DOC is such a terrible game.

I mean really.

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa
If I had to pay DoC one compliment, it would be the soundtrack which was solid but not spectacular. Before the game's release I'd already heard about the gameplay problems, but listening to 'Trigger Situation' I was really hoping the plot would make up for it (you can usually forgive one without the other). Oh boy, what a mistake that was...

ShiningSugar14

Rookie Adventurer
AKA
Bass_Slayer91, AkaiHikari, or Meg will do.
My favorite thing about Dirge was DeepGround. Just overall. The Tsviets were really interesting characters. In general, lots of villains have to have everything explained about them and have lots of complex motivations for their actions. "Sephiroth wants to do this because Lalalala," "Genesis is doing this because of these reasons." Tsviets don't need overly complicated motivations. Their motivations? Because they're completely mentally unstable.

I liked hearing Lucrecia's side of the story too. When I first heard of her, all I got was the basic information and "She's a bitch who broke Vincent's heart." But she was hurting a lot too, and I'm glad that I got to see more of her side of things.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
When I first heard of her, all I got was the basic information and "She's a bitch who broke Vincent's heart."
what is even going on with this sentence. Okay, so not returning affection to a dude makes a chick a bitch? What if the dude is totally creepy? I mean hell, game didn't give any indication Vincent wasn't a total creeper, I see no reason to assert he wasn't. :awesome:

Besides this I have nothing to add because I lost my copy of Dirge having left it totally unplayed. :awesome:

ShiningSugar14

Rookie Adventurer
AKA
Bass_Slayer91, AkaiHikari, or Meg will do.
what is even going on with this sentence. Okay, so not returning affection to a dude makes a chick a bitch? What if the dude is totally creepy? I mean hell, game didn't give any indication Vincent wasn't a total creeper, I see no reason to assert he wasn't. :awesome:

I should have clarified: My friend, who I was getting a lot information from at the time, was calling her a bitch. I was just sitting there all, "^^ Lol, who's Lucrecia?" I actually like her a lot. :lol:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
My favorite thing about Dirge was DeepGround. Just overall. The Tsviets were really interesting characters. In general, lots of villains have to have everything explained about them and have lots of complex motivations for their actions. "Sephiroth wants to do this because Lalalala," "Genesis is doing this because of these reasons." Tsviets don't need overly complicated motivations. Their motivations? Because they're completely mentally unstable.

So it's A-ok for charactes to be devoid of personality and motivation because they're crazy?

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
They had personality and more than enough motivation. Where do you see a lack of that?

EVERYWHERE.

Being mentally unstable isn't a good motivation for ANYONE. Even the Joker, who is completely off his clock does what he does to prove something.

Scias

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Vega, Kyle Hyde
Dirge was shit. Like, a mountain of shit. The characters were terrible, the story was horrible, and, seriously, a secret city of zombie-like nazi super soldiers sealed BENEATH the de facto world capitol? Really? What the hell!?

BUT, yes, Dirge had some good things:

1.- The music. Just google a pair of tracks and you'll see. Really, the music of this game is win. Not super duper epic mega win, but it's pretty good.

2.- Reeve. I'm the only one who actually thinks he's better here than in the other FF7 games? He's like, the only character who was really enjoyable.

3.- That sexy battle over Midgar.

4.- Nothing. :monster:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Dirge was shit. Like, a mountain of shit. The characters were terrible, the story was horrible, and, seriously, a secret city of zombie-like nazi super soldiers sealed BENEATH the de facto world capitol? Really? What the hell!?

That everyone supposedly forgot or had no records of. All of this manpower, resources and technology all moved underground but no one knew about it.

Scias

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Vega, Kyle Hyde
That everyone supposedly forgot or had no records of. All of this manpower, resources and technology all moved underground but no one knew about it.

^ This. Like, what the hell dude, they even had WAR HELICOPTERS down there, and no one knew a thing? Just Heidegger, Scarlet, Hojo and the President? How did they dispose the implied shitload of employees needed to create something like Deepground? They said the thing was a laboratory or something but the fucking thing is an underground metropolis. How, just how, something like that managed to stay a secret, while three random dudes stormed the Shinra Headquarters and nearly kill the president themselves?

Also... Why? Why make something like that? You know, harvesting super mega soldiers who may hate your guts with every fiber of their body just sounds kinda... Stupid. Such manpower, such technology, for what? Also, come on, Shinra already had the entire world in their hands. What was the need for Deepground????

I was like 12 or 13 when I played it and I was all like "you better be trolling nigga :kermit:".

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
^ This. Like, what the hell dude, they even had WAR HELICOPTERS down there, and no one knew a thing? Just Heidegger, Scarlet, Hojo and the President? How did they dispose the implied shitload of employees needed to create something like Deepground? They said the thing was a laboratory or something but the fucking thing is an underground metropolis. How, just how, something like that managed to stay a secret, while three random dudes stormed the Shinra Headquarters and nearly kill the president themselves?

Also... Why? Why make something like that? You know, harvesting super mega soldiers who may hate your guts with every fiber of their body just sounds kinda... Stupid. Such manpower, such technology, for what? Also, come on, Shinra already had the entire world in their hands. What was the need for Deepground????

I was like 12 or 13 when I played it and I was all like "you better be trolling nigga :kermit:".

Everyone keeps books and records of work done as well, especially when money changes hands. They'd have had to slaughter scores of people to cover up all of that.

A better question is, if you have all of these soldiers, tech and weapons, why are you hiding it away to begin with? Why no just integrate it into your already existing army of soldiers?

Scias

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Vega, Kyle Hyde
A better question is, if you have all of these soldiers, tech and weapons, why are you hiding it away to begin with? Why no just integrate it into your already existing army of soldiers?

This is a very, very good question. You may think it is because one never knows and blahblahblah. A secret weapon, sounds "good" on it's own, BUT then you remember, Shinra has no rivals! In Case of Turks/Rufus, the President even admits that he didn't bother to put an emergency exit of his office because simply nothing could pose such a threat.

If there's no danger so critical and no rival so powerful, then there's no need of such a thing like Deepground, much less hide it, that's just silly, Shinra would have killed Genesis, Sephiroth and everybody else if they had just combined SOLDIER with Deepground and upgraded the Turks technology with some epic DG tech.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
The concept isn't bad. It's kinda cool, but they just made it WAY too freakin big. If it was a "hospital" in which they experimented on wounded SOLDIERs and thus, was a fraction of the size of SOLDIER, fine. The fact that they have an entire army and helicopters and whatnot in a city beneath Midgar, ridiculous. If they had the Tsviets and maybe, I dunno, like 50 more people, I'd be okay with it.

Top Bottom