Staff Misconduct Thread

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Finally got this page to update.

Mako - stay out of it.

Not even asking you to. I'm *telling* you. I'm making a point and your attempt to subvert it is not appreciated. I'm not "bringing up drama again" - this is not a discussion of that. But this is between me and Aaron, and you have a very nasty habit of doing this sort of thing - and this is an occasion where you need to quash that instinct completely.

He made a point, I made a counterpoint. Simple as.

Thank you.

Excuse me? Stay out of what?

When did this thread become just about you and Aaron? If you want to discuss something explicitly between you and him, and that's all, PM him. But I've already just been told by Aaron, he does not like where he works being posted about in public. So leave that out of this thread please.

John Marston said:
Since when is this about you? Where is this "we"? He made a point of his post to single out Aaron.

"We" as in the staff, as in the enactors of the policy on user name changes. This is what he was talking about. I'm explaining it.

Well it is extremely confusing. I'd be happy if there were no name changes at all. Are these the same complaints that Aaron was talking about? Because I could understand them then, when this policy was first introduced, but that was before groups of friends had formed and everyone go to know each other well enough that they are pretty identifiable to the majority of people with or without an AKA field. If new members stick around and get integrated into this place, it stands to reason that they would do a good job of keeping up with what their friends changed into regardless of an AKA field.

Well we don't want to just throw out the whole system to begin with, hence we did the AKA field stuff. And that should still be respected because not everyone is familiar enough with the members here to recognize every single poster without the aid of the AKA field. That's just how it is.

I personally don't think its unfair. But I do think having to have a comprehensive list of every username you've had is pretty absurd. The AKA field should be there to show people your most recognisable usernames, rather than the ones you just kept for a week or ones you adopted as part of a theme.

We don't need a comprehensive list. But including your most well known user name, and the last one you used is a pretty good start. I think that'd be enough.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
"We" as in the staff, as in the enactors of the policy on user name changes. This is what he was talking about. I'm explaining it.

This isn't about staff as a whole, at least his post wasn't.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Excuse me? Stay out of what?

When did this thread become just about you and Aaron? If you want to discuss something explicitly between you and him, and that's all, PM him. But I've already just been told by Aaron, he does not like where he works being posted about in public. So leave that out of this thread please.
...you've got to be kidding me. You ARE joking, right?

There's not way you're not joking.

NO ONE SAID ANYTHING ABOUT WHERE HE WORKS MAKO. IT IS A SUBTLE REMINDER OF HOW OUT OF LINE HIS BEHAVIOR WAS AND NO ONE IS BRINGING ANYTHING ELSE INTO THIS. IT IS NOT BEING POSTED IN THE THREAD. YOU ARE EITHER TROLLING ME OR YOUR READING COMPREHENSION REALLY IS THAT BAD.

I AM CHOOSING TO BELIEVE THAT YOU'RE TROLLING ME BECAUSE WHEN IT COMES TO THE LTD OR YGO OR ANY GAME YOU FEEL LIKE POSTING ABOUT, YOU SOMEHOW MANAGE TO MAKE YOUR TLDR POSTS INCREDIBLY COHERENT AND ON POINT

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
We don't need a comprehensive list. But including your most well known user name, and the last one you used is a pretty good start. I think that'd be enough.
I'm pretty sure if I added Terezi or Terra Michaels/Branford, newbies would still be confused because even though I generally fall back on those names, I'm not that currently.

I think going by whatever nickname they prefer like Tiff going by Celes or Leora going by Zee should be acceptable to staff as would be me having Aki or Nin in my aka field.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
btw someone should really do something about Dacon

he's not in his thirties and that's not when his birthday is

IT'S ALL A LIE

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
...you've got to be kidding me. You ARE joking, right?

There's not way you're not joking.

NO ONE SAID ANYTHING ABOUT WHERE HE WORKS MAKO. IT IS A SUBTLE REMINDER OF HOW OUT OF LINE HIS BEHAVIOR WAS AND NO ONE IS BRINGING ANYTHING ELSE INTO THIS. IT IS NOT BEING POSTED IN THE THREAD. YOU ARE EITHER TROLLING ME OR YOUR READING COMPREHENSION REALLY IS THAT BAD.

I AM CHOOSING TO BELIEVE THAT YOU'RE TROLLING ME BECAUSE WHEN IT COMES TO THE LTD OR YGO OR ANY GAME YOU FEEL LIKE POSTING ABOUT, YOU SOMEHOW MANAGE TO MAKE YOUR TLDR POSTS INCREDIBLY COHERENT AND ON POINT

You just said yourself you used it as a subtle reminder of your previous conflict regarding mentioning his job. Why would you do that? It's a simple request and dregging up that mess is only gonna make this even more personal when it doesn't have to be.

At his request, and mine as well, leave that out of here. If you want to go and have words with him or whatever in private, do it. But now we're opening up old wounds and that serves no constructive purpose at all.

I'm pretty sure if I added Terezi or Terra Michaels/Branford, newbies would still be confused because even though I generally fall back on those names, I'm not that currently.

I think going by whatever nickname they prefer like Tiff going by Celes or Leora going by Zee should be acceptable to staff as would be me having Aki or Nin in my aka field.

If you added Terezi, Terra, and your previous user name, that'd be enough to me. I don't see anyone else who'd disagree.

Nicknames work but we do need the actual user names as well. The most well known one, and then the previous one from before.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Mako.

Read my posts.

No. Seriously. Read them.

Aaron: I'm not rude to anyone but Adri, who was completely in the wrong
Me: Really?
Aaron: Yes, absolutely.
Me: You forgot that time with your workplace, then?
Mako: DON'T SAY THE NAME OF THE PLACE HE WORKS IT'S TABOO AND THEN THE DEATH EATERS SHOW UP

/summary

If you want me to be even more blunt, he said he's only being a dick to Adri and I'm calling bullshit. No more, no less.

I'd explain how you can't activate Solemn Judgment because your LP are at 0, but I've used up all the time I've allotted for banging my head against a brick wall today.

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
EDIT: also possibly stickying the rules thread to the tops of all the subforums on this forum so people know what's expected of them

I agree with this. Announcements have been made forum-wide. Can you put it as a permanent announcement?

It takes three clicks, and some typing to make or change an AKA field.

It takes a click, a password, two further clicks, some typing, and a click to arrive at a user's page to change their name, followed by typing and another click to actually change it.

While both are trivial amount of work, changing the username does take longer. Especially since an AKA field can be set up once and ignored.

But it proves my point. A user asks for their name to be changed. The staff member asks the user fill out an AKA field. This is an even exchange of requests.

And having an identifier in the AKA doesn't hurt the user. But it does help others, whether they are new or old or have been away for a long time.

If Aki has "aki" permanently in there (and doesn't remove it), it serves as her identifier. Because no matter how many times she changes her name/icon/signature, that will always be a constant that people will use as a reference to who she is.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Does vB not have something similar to phpBB's Announcements, where the thread is automatically stickied at the very top of every forum/subforum?
I guess we could just make a permanent announcement, but if we had to make other announcements for some reason I think it would get covered up. Although I can't remember when vBulletin started the display of multiple announcements at once; it might be a feature in this version.

If you added Terezi, Terra, and your previous user name, that'd be enough to me. I don't see anyone else who'd disagree.
I'd say Aki, Terezi, and that's probably enough.

Omega said:
If you want me to be even more blunt, he said he's only being a dick to Adri and I'm calling bullshit. No more, no less.
BEING. I thought I made it clear that I was referring to the current round of drama.

Omega said:
You say you've not been rude to anyone but Adri, but I think your behavior in regards to that matter certainly falls under that heading, including but not limited to trying to have someone else make the apologies for you.
I thought it was more than readily apparent that I was referring to behaviour in this bout of drama. I was only rude to you after you deliberately named my place of work despite the fact that I explicitly said I was deleting all references to it. What you did could have gotten me fired. And you seriously think I had any reason to treat you politely over something that could have affected me that seriously? And you have some nerve belittling me for having Road relay my apology to you when you had him do the exact same thing with your "apology" to me. I would have apologised directly to you if you had actually had the stones to come up to me and say you were sorry, but I waited months for you to do that and you never did. You have some nerve criticising me for something you're just as guilty of as I am.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Mako.

Read my posts.

No. Seriously. Read them.

Aaron: I'm not rude to anyone but Adri, who was completely in the wrong
Me: Really?
Aaron: Yes, absolutely.
Me: You forgot that time with your workplace, then?
Mako: DON'T SAY THE NAME OF THE PLACE HE WORKS IT'S TABOO AND THEN THE DEATH EATERS SHOW UP

/summary

I'd explain how you can't activate Solemn Judgment because your LP are at 0, but I've used up all the time I've allotted for banging my head against a brick wall today.

Look, I'm trying to keep this thread from getting even more personal and shit. I understand what you're talking about, but already this is getting ugly. I'm not gonna speak for Aaron but I'm just saying, we really need to be respectful and opening those old wounds serve no purpose.

It was a preemptive reminder to let that shit rest in the past, no need to get pissed or offended. But okay. You understand and I'll let it go.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Well it is extremely confusing. I'd be happy if there were no name changes at all. Are these the same complaints that Aaron was talking about? Because I could understand them then, when this policy was first introduced, but that was before groups of friends had formed and everyone go to know each other well enough that they are pretty identifiable to the majority of people with or without an AKA field. If new members stick around and get integrated into this place, it stands to reason that they would do a good job of keeping up with what their friends changed into regardless of an AKA field.

There are several people who change all of their information apart from their AKA field when they have a name change. I know these people well, and I still do not instantly recognize them after their name changes.

I personally don't think its unfair. But I do think having to have a comprehensive list of every username you've had is pretty absurd. The AKA field should be there to show people your most recognisable usernames, rather than the ones you just kept for a week or ones you adopted as part of a theme.

You aren't required to have a comprehensive list of all the ones you've ever had. Just enough to make you recognizable to people, even folks who haven't been around in awhile.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
I'd explain how you can't activate Solemn Judgment because your LP are at 0
nerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrd

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Aaron - I never apologized because there was no need.

In fact, I explicitly told Road I wasn't going to.

gg

ed: that was a very quick edit you did there

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Aaron - I never apologized because there was no need.

In fact, I explicitly told Road I wasn't going to.

gg

ed: that was a very quick edit you did there
Suit yourself, but you've just ensured that I'll no longer be sorry for anything I've ever said to you. In fact, consider my previous apology retracted. I no longer feel that I have anything to apologise for to you.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
:facepalm:

See this is what I was afraid of.

Okay, Aaron, Omega. Whatever issue that's between you two, is extremely personal now. I really would like you to resolve that shit regarding the whole job name thing in PM or elsewhere because this is something that is not gonna get solved in a "staff misconduct" thread. Whatever friendship drama's going on and you not apologizing or whatever, keep that between you.

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
There are several people who change all of their information apart from their AKA field when they have a name change. I know these people well, and I still do not instantly recognize them after their name changes.

Yes. If I changed my username, signature, icon, and other information (location, user title, etc), no one would no who I was. You could argue that you could check my profile, but I could easily change the picture there as well. And I don't list my e-mail or skype. How would you know who I was? And why should anyone have to go through all that work to know who is making a post or who they are talking to?

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
:facepalm:

See this is what I was afraid of.

Okay, Aaron, Omega. Whatever issue that's between you two, is extremely personal now. I really would like you to resolve that shit regarding the whole job name thing in PM or elsewhere because this is something that is not gonna get solved in a "staff misconduct" thread. Whatever friendship drama's going on and you not apologizing or whatever, keep that between you.

As long as he thinks he has nothing to apologise for, nothing is going to be resolved. He did something that could have gotten me fired and apparently is completely unrepentant for doing so. There's no way this will get sorted out for as long as he refuses to admit he did anything wrong. Because he most assuredly did.

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
@Aaron: That's all fine and dandy, but as much as I enjoy drama-llamaing there's really no need for you two to continue on about whatever it is you're continuing on about in a public thread. This is why God invented PMs.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
@Aaron: That's all fine and dandy, but as much as I enjoy drama-llamaing there's really no need for you two to continue on about whatever it is you're continuing on about in a public thread. This is why God invented PMs.
Fair enough; I won't address it further in this thread after this post, or at all in public again unless he brings it up again. I'm sure as fuck not talking to him privately through PM or otherwise unless he apologises to me though.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Real adults here.

You people need to stop acting like arguments and conflicts is a bad thing. How the fuck else do people solve things? Mako's over here all, MY OH ME PEOPLE ARE ARGUING. Jesus. Let them.

Guess what? Even a civil and polite debate is still a conflict, and an argument.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal

You really aren't helping at all, Adri. To the people who made this thread, and the people it's about, its serious. And people are trying to resolve this. If you're not going to contribute anything at all here, post elsewhere.

Tyrion Lanister said:
Fair enough; I won't address it further in this thread after this post, or at all in public again unless he brings it up again. I'm sure as fuck not talking to him through PM or otherwise unless he apologises to me though.

Cool, thank you. That's for the best, and I'm sorry this shit's happened in the first place.

Anyways, is there anything else that needs to be addressed regarding to the topic at hand? Or any other questions regarding the use of the AKA field that's not being discussed here?

If so, bring it up now please.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Real adults here.

You people need to stop acting like arguments and conflicts is a bad thing. How the fuck else do people solve things? Mako's over here all, MY OH ME PEOPLE ARE ARGUING. Jesus. Let them.

Guess what? Even a civil and polite debate is still a conflict, and an argument.

Yeah, but that doesn't seem to be whats happening here.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Anyways, is there anything else that needs to be addressed regarding to the topic at hand? Or any other questions regarding the use of the AKA field that's not being discussed here?

If so, bring it up now please.

So, you want to close this thread already, with there being no resolution to this issue whatsoever, because you don't want people to argue?

Well good, because closing threads and trying to sweep shit under the carpet has worked so well for the tensions and issues people have here.

Yeah, but that doesn't seem to be whats happening here.

No shit. I was making a point.

But we'll get there, once everyone calms the fuck down and gets the rage out of their system.

Top Bottom