Staff Misconduct Thread

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
You mean, *ME. As In Dacon. The Cole Train. Batman. That guy who pees in your mouth while you sleep.

Bitch.

Jesus Christ....

Anyways, as I stated in the other thread,

Can we please have the people who changed their AKA fields over this drama, change them back to their relevant names please?

If we're gonna discuss this respectfully and come to a resolution, doing things like that isn't going to help matters at all.

And I just want to clarify that L's not being "punished" for anything. He's not being warned, banned, etc. If he wants to have his user name changed, all he has to do is just fill out the AKA field and we'll do it. But if he's not gonna abide by that simple rule, then he'll not get his name changed and he won't be able to request one for a month. That's not a punishment that's just how it is.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Prohibition from name changing is indeed a punishment Mako.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
It's not like a warning or a ban, but okay. I don't see it as a standard "punishment" on the forum, seeing as how all that needs to be done is fill out said field and then the name will be changed.

That's like saying a vending machine punishes you when you don't insert your dollar for a coke.

I mean, that's just how it is, and how we said it would be. If you want a name change, fill out the AKA Field. That's all.

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
Well, I mean, several people have complained about it, and if we didn't offer to do something to address the imbalance in the way people were treated in order to help settle people's misgivings about the way things have been handled, that would look bad too. There's really no good way to deal with months-old drama that was mishandled. I don't think I was even on staff at that point.

It's not about rectifying the past, but making sure that in the future, users are treated equally. She's not asking to go back and start infracting people, but to be aware that users should be infracted based on the rules and not by who they are or whether they are liked or not by a particular staff member. You weren't on staff at that point, that's irrelevent. The comment wasn't directed toward you specifically, but staff in general.

And I just want to clarify that L's not being "punished" for anything. He's not being warned, banned, etc. If he wants to have his user name changed, all he has to do is just fill out the AKA field and we'll do it. But if he's not gonna abide by that simple rule, then he'll not get his name changed and he won't be able to request one for a month. That's not a punishment that's just how it is.

Well, originally he was "banned" from having his username changed for a month (different then "when you change your AKA field, we'll restore your name change"). But I think yours is a fair enough request. And maybe the rule should be that if you want your name changed, you must first fill out the AKA field. And keep it filled out.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Banned from having a user name change means he can't request it. We'll ignore it. That's what we mean basically.

If he wants to change the AKA Field into something relevant (you know, *not* Chuck Norris) then cool. We'll change it and give him the name he wants.

We'll update the rule post with the AKA field stuff in it shortly.

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Banned from having a user name change means he can't request it. We'll ignore it. That's what we mean basically.

THat's a punishment.

Also, it's different than this:

If he wants to change the AKA Field into something relevant (you know, *not* Chuck Norris) then cool. We'll change it and give him the name he wants.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
It's not about rectifying the past, but making sure that in the future, users are treated equally. She's not asking to go back and start infracting people, but to be aware that users should be infracted based on the rules and not by who they are or whether they are liked or not by a particular staff member. You weren't on staff at that point, that's irrelevent. The comment wasn't directed toward you specifically, but staff in general.
fair enough I guess

And maybe the rule should be that if you want your name changed, you must first fill out the AKA field. And keep it filled out.
Yeah I think this is the best way to go about things. And if a user empties their field, their name will be reverted back to whatever a staff member thinks is most appropriate.

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
.... You don't really get the meaning of what is being said here dontchya gabe?

With all due respect, it's not about analraping e-penises or e-gos if you will, it's merely about what constitutes to our freedom of just being in this community as a whole and not finger pointing for some small time mistakes or small time arguements. Its such things that made the other forums crash and burn and I do not wish to repeat the same bullshit in TLS. Kindly re-evaluate the situation, sir and do not disrespect the lady in such an ungentlemanly manner : [

I did evaluate the situation, ive been reading along the whole time and am full aware of what cole and company are trying to say and point out.
But its not valid.

I recall, several years ago being banned many a time for defending Scott (ironic, i know), defending not being treated like shit on the forum by staff, and defending the idea that members have a right to voice there concerns regarding the forum. Just like you, alex, dacon, sometimes yop (lol not really, he just hid in CI <3) Aaron, scott and many more.

But back then we were arguing with a staff that truly didnt give a shit about the message board, did what ever they wanted and got away with what they wanted. If you werent liked you were banned not warned, for stupid reasons ( Manc being banned for posting funny pictures).

I think the only people who have been part of this collective community longer then i have are yop and Aaron. We have seen alot of retarded and valid arguments go down over time. And i think thats why were saying "wtf" to this. Because honestly. Its stupid and petty.

I would understand the argument, and even join up on your side dearest mumble if this staff didnt give two shits about TLS and werent trying to be fair at most times.
But the fact of the matter is, thats not the case.

Also if you want to get your point across your doing it wrong
post like this
Okay, get the fuck over yourself.

Dont help the situation or your cause. Your doing it wrong.

You guys are exploding over a situation that is so little and petty its ridiculous and now your grasping at straws to keep the argument(see feferis posts).
Let it go, the forum will be a better place with out this stupid bull shit. And if you still have a problem with someone over personal and petty bull shit dont bring the state of the forum into it. Take it to msn or PM's but dont act like its fucking forum encompassing drama.

edit:

Also keep in mind, Scott was approached, confronted and warned to fix the aka field many times. He said no, because hes Scott. Much like how i tell aaron no when he pm's me before an inevitable infraction. He got what was coming to him, he knew what was going to happen.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Wow, these ridiculous high horse arguments filled with the childish air of surperiority really need to stop.

You're not contributing ANYTHING. It's like you people aren't even reading the goddamn posts and are dismissing legitimate complaints as "petty bullshit" just so you can play at being adult and mature, when doing that in itself is immature.

There are good points made here, about exactly what the problem is, why it's a problem and why we should deal with it so it DOESN'T become some huge forum encompassing drama(which might I add no one has pretended it is, so that's an asinine complaint).

Unless you're actually going to do something besides talk about ACF and past nonsense, and tell people exactly how their complaints aren't legit, then you're not contributing anything and just posting for attention.

No one is condemning all of staff, or even Aaron. People have had a problem with his demeanor, and they wanted it voiced and dealt with before it gets worse. THAT is what this is about and the rest of this bullshit doesn't help, in the least. Never was this only about Scott's situation.

Of course this isn't as bad as what we've seen in the past, THAT'S IRRELEVANT. If people have a problem, it should be discussed and resolved, without some self important cad coming and telling them how childish and petty they're being, which is in itself CHILDISH AND PETTY.

Fucksake. It's one big circlefuck of stupid.

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Yeah I think this is the best way to go about things. And if a user empties their field, their name will be reverted back to whatever a staff member thinks is most appropriate.

I think this sounds like the best way to go about it.

@gabe - not sure what ACF has to do with anything. But anyway, people have a right to express an opinion. If they feel something is unfair or someone is being treated inappropriately, then it is not invalid (whether you personally think it's important or not). Although what makes people take an opinion seriously is the way it is expressed.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
@gabe - not sure what ACF has to do with anything. But anyway, people have a right to express an opinion. If they feel something is unfair or someone is being treated inappropriately, then it is not invalid (whether you personally think it's important or not). Although what makes people take an opinion seriously is the way it is expressed.

Exactly.

How hypocritical is it to claim people are going about making their point the wrong way, when you're doing the exact same thing?

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
You guys are exploding over a situation that is so little and petty its ridiculous and now your grasping at straws to keep the argument(see feferis posts).
how am i grasping at straws.

i made a request that the mods seem fine with filling: not showing favoritism and changing the rules and listing punishments. you don't even know what you're talking about gabe.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA

Exactly.

How hypocritical is it to claim people are going about making their point the wrong way, when you're doing the exact same thing?

Of course people have been overreacting a bit, but this is a direct result of all of this shit.

This isn't some solitary incident, these tensions have been building up for a while, and no one has done anything about it and it's just gotten worse and it will continue to do so until it isn't dealt with.

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null

Question - and my derp if it's already been addressed - but seeing as names do get shared (i.e. multiple Legions, and hell, I used to be John Marston), isn't that just as confusing to newcomers? Wouldn't it be simpler just to leave one well-known handle to ID a user, as well as less police work for the mods?

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Question - and my derp if it's already been addressed - but seeing as names do get shared (i.e. multiple Legions, and hell, I used to be John Marston), isn't that just as confusing to newcomers? Wouldn't it be simpler just to leave one well-known handle to ID a user, as well as less police work for the mods?
Good point. If multiple people have used a specific UN then I guess it should be required that they list at least one other well-known UN of theirs in the aka field. Honestly, as long as they have their best-known UNs listed, it shouldn't be a problem, because as far as I know none of anyone's best-known aliases have been used by anyone else, except Gabriel's.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA

I think it was mentioned that the most well known and unique monikers are the ones that matter the most.

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
@dacon,But over all its not valid.

Feferies point about staff bias. Thats nothing new, it happens. Forums are popularity contests. She claims warns were handed out to some but not others, but refuses to acknowledge her posts probably reported as well. And ontop of that, that was the old LTD thread, that has been addressed and fixed already. Why bring it up if its an issue that has long since been done with.

Name change issues. Aarons announcement regarding Scotts temp name change ban thing, happened after he was asked to do something multiple times and refused to. Aaron/staff took action because the AKA field is a point that has started drama twice before for two seperate reasons. (No one knowing who anyone was/ Then staff fixing aka field for members who didnt do so because of the first string of drama).
An issue of not being able to please everyone.

If aaron fixed scotts aka field, there could of been drama. If scott didnt do it maybe someone might bring up the drama about not knowing who anyone is again. So they try a new approach. And yay, drama.

Yes its true, it should of been set in stone. But its not like we havent run into some bullshit about AKA field before and its a tough situation to control because honestly , were all a bunch of nit picky twits who cant let anything go.

In all honesty, this is the way it should of been approached.

Aaron should of let scott go this time on a warning, then amended the rules to fix the grey lines of the aka field. And then if scott refused to do it again on his next name change then the punishment could of gone through.

But none the less its irrelevant, this is a good forum and if we keep nit picking about choice, democracy and rules then were going nowhere and fast.

I suggest, we forget about and get to making posts in other sections of the forum that are actually deserving of our attention and our opinions.
Such as the debate section, regarding the tragic bombing deaths. Or maybe chit chat where we can relax and vent about our day, or maybe the venue and chat about good bands.

But lets not sit here and pretend like were some oppressed demographic that needs change naaao.

edit:
@gabe - not sure what ACF has to do with anything.
Its relevant because in our time at ACF and its predecessor forums we have encountered countless years worth of drama. Ranging from valid and out right ridiculous and not really worthy of being argued over (but inevitbly doesn). Want to guess which category this all falls into?

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Can anyone else who has something specific to say about how they feel that a staff member from TLS is currently or has recently been exhibiting characteristics of misconduct that hasn't been dealt with thus far? We'd be glad to listen, and address concerns accordingly.

Barring that, I don't see any reason to continue this branch of the username-related drama discussion towards staff or how whoever said whatever in whatever manner. What was said was said, drama happened. If there are any real concerns about TLS's current Staff's conduct, let's address it clearly, directly, and take care of it and ignore the extraneous bits. If not, let's move on.

X :neo:

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
Good point. If multiple people have used a specific UN then I guess it should be required that they list at least one other well-known UN of theirs in the aka field. Honestly, as long as they have their best-known UNs listed, it shouldn't be a problem, because as far as I know none of anyone's best-known aliases have been used by anyone else, except Gabriel's.

I tried referencing this when i said Omega should change his Username back, as far as im concerned when i see the username Harry Potter, i think of Aaron. Like wise for V and many others. And gets quite confusing when i see two of your known usernames in the same thread at the same time.

In fact what the fuck dude, quit hogging the good UN's.

I like how omega has stolen both of our known Aliases :>

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
@dacon,But over all its not valid.

You don't decide that. Some things mean more to certain people than they do to others.

It's not your call.
Feferies point about staff bias. Thats nothing new, it happens.

And it still needs to be dealt with. You won't ever get rid of it all, but we should still work at getting rid of it as much as we can.
She claims warns were handed out to some but not others, but refuses to acknowledge her posts probably reported as well. And ontop of that, that was the old LTD thread, that has been addressed and fixed already. Why bring it up if its an issue that has long since been done with.

Her complaints about her warning and staff bias were never resolved, which is obv why she brought it back up.

Yes its true, it should of been set in stone. But its not like we havent run into some bullshit about AKA field before and its a tough situation to control because honestly , were all a bunch of nit picky twits who cant let anything go.

No, it's not a tough situation, and no we're not all so childish when we actually talk about things and deal with them like adults, which have done before. This has been exasperated BECAUSE we didn't deal with these things before they got out of hand, which we usually do. We've just gotten lax on these things for some reason.

But none the less its irrelevant, this is a good forum and if we keep nit picking about choice, democracy and rules then were going nowhere and fast
You don't decide what's relevant. This is a good forum BECAUSE we debate about choice, democracy and rules. Because we have these little tiffs, we find a resolution to a problem and we move past it.

Like we did with the LTD.

I suggest, we forget about and get to making posts in other sections of the forum that are actually deserving of our attention and our opinions.

Yet again, that's not for you to decide for anyone. If this doesn't concern you, move on and let us deal with it.

Such as the debate section, regarding the tragic bombing deaths. Or maybe chit chat where we can relax and vent about our day, or maybe the venue and chat about good bands.

We're not doing that already? Sure fooled me.

But lets not sit here and pretend like were some oppressed demographic that needs change naaao

No one is, that's some ridiculous hyperbole there. People had an issue with Aaron's conduct and demeanor, and for some reason we decided not to deal with it, and people just let enmity build up and build up.

It needs to be dealt with before people develop grudges and shit, so we can go back to being cool and relaxed.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Its relevant because in our time at ACF and its predecessor forums we have encountered countless years worth of drama. Ranging from valid and out right ridiculous and not really worthy of being argued over (but inevitbly doesn). Want to guess which category this all falls into?

ACF has fuckall to do with this.

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
You don't decide that. Some things mean more to certain people than they do to others.

It's not your call.

And it still needs to be dealt with. You won't ever get rid of it all, but we should still work at getting rid of it as much as we can.

Her complaints about her warning and staff bias were never resolved, which is obv why she brought it back up.

No, it's not a tough situation, and no we're not all so childish when we actually talk about things and deal with them like adults, which have done before. This has been exasperated BECAUSE we didn't deal with these things before they got out of hand, which we usually do. We've just gotten lax on these things for some reason.

You don't decide what's relevant. This is a good forum BECAUSE we debate about choice, democracy and rules. Because we have these little tiffs, we find a resolution to a problem and we move past it.

Like we did with the LTD.

Yet again, that's not for you to decide for anyone. If this doesn't concern you, move on and let us deal with it.

We're not doing that already? Sure fooled me.

No one is, that's some ridiculous hyperbole there. People had an issue with Aaron's conduct and demeanor, and for some reason we decided not to deal with it, and people just let enmity build up and build up.

It needs to be dealt with before people develop grudges and shit, so we can go back to being cool and relaxed.

Because obviously a member telling an admin to go fuck them selves is dealing with it.
edit: It has alot to do with it, this is the exact same bull shit we used to peddle back then.

Pretending like we werent at one time complete tools wont change the fact that we were. I dont get why you totally want to disregard and forget about ACF, Its a good basis for comparison, its the perfect example of a forum we dont want to be like. I use ACF as an example because during my time there, FFE and FFR, there was a good amount of drama that was both valid and drama for the sake of just being drama. Being involved in both kinds over the years give you a good idea of which is which.

And quite honestly, the only reason im not on your side right now is because this looks exactly like drama being caused for the sake of having drama. It should be disregarded and if anyone has a problem with anyone they need to take care of it personally or avoid each other not make a "staff misconduct" thread.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Because obviously a member telling an admin to go fuck them selves is dealing with it.

Because that's all this has consisted of.

Really. Not anything else said or brought up in this thread.

Fucksake.

Enough of this bullshit.

I propose we open a thread specifically for filing member complaints with staff, and a thread for discussing what the complaints thoroughly to come a proper conclusion, with civil minded folks who keep a cool head.

We can do that. We've done it several times before. I don't know what the fuck happened in the last few months to change that, but it's time we got back to it.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer

I don't actually think this can be emphasised enough. With a few exceptions, I don't think there's any real bad blood between people on this forum. The debates might get heated at times and things might be said in the rashness of the moment, but this community is more than capable of working together to fix its shit.

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Gabe - I think you're overlooking the fact that in between all the bullshit, a happy solution (that I think most people can live with) was found to an issue.

So when you look at this thread you see all the drama; when I look at this thread I see a resolution.

Top Bottom