Staff Misconduct Thread

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Or we can all continue to be passive aggressive babies.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
Yeah, but that doesn't seem to be whats happening here.
Yeah but its not like sweeping it under the carpet is going to do anything except making people more bitter and argumentative. Best wait until all the grievances are aired and shouting is over with before the thread gets locked.

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
In lieu of the recent debacle over the AKA field stuff, I have to ask a few things of the staff.

1. For one, please be consistent and tell the freaking userbase when you have decided on rules. Post them in the rules thread. This isn't hard.

2. If there is a punishment for breaking the rules, state it somewhere. This stuff isn't being listed anywhere, so people are just suddenly slapped with punishments they can't even agree to because like I said, this stuff has never been listed in the rules.

This this this this

3. When infractions are being handed out over certain things, don't pick favorites. I know I was handed an infraction as well as Rishi/Kanaya for trolling the ltd thread, but asking some of my other friends if they had been warned for it got a negatory, even if they posted right after me. This is clear staff favoritism for not liking myself and Rishi posting jokes in the LTD.

Yeah, the warnings in the LTD were all over the place. It was real easy to tell if the mod didn't like you. :monster:

I haven't seen it happen so much since that thread, though.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
So, you want to close this thread already, with there being no resolution to this issue whatsoever, because you don't want people to argue?

Well good, because closing threads and trying to sweep shit under the carpet has worked so well for the tensions and issues people have here.

Dude, what the hell? I never said anything about closing the thread in that post. I said bring it up now and talk about it. You literally read the entire opposite of my post.

I understand conflict's required, hence we need to talk about it. Don't know what post you read, since it wasn't mine.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Dude, what the hell? I never said anything about closing the thread in that post. I said bring it up now and talk about it. You literally read the entire opposite of my post.

I understand conflict's required, hence we need to talk about it. Don't know what post you read, since it wasn't mine.

Do you understand what an implication is? Because that's exactly what you just implied to everyone.

Stop being daft. You whined about people arguing, and then you made that post. The logical next step is thread closure, once you convince yourself every has had their say.

This thread should stay open indefinitely. Since there will ALWAYS be some sort of staff misconduct perceived by someone.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Yeah but its not like sweeping it under the carpet is going to do anything except making people more bitter and argumentative. Best wait until all the grievances are aired and shouting is over with before the thread gets locked.

I didn't say the thread should be closed. I just think its possible to communicate grievences without resorting to insults. Not like this is real life. People still have to take the time to think about what they type.

Anyway guys, If this clusterfuck does supernova after all I have one question....can I have my $10 back? :awesome:

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
I think the point though is that we can discuss and disagree without being rude, passive aggressive, or childish.

At least, in theory.

The topic of the AKA discussion can be had in the other thread, but I think we can leave this thread open for anyone who wants to express a problem in the future. As long as this is used for serious complaints since that's the intended purpose.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
I was trying to keep the personal issues between Omega and V out of this thread Dac, and I didn't mention closing the thread once, so no. :monster:

Good job assuming though.

If the thread wants to stay open indefinitely that's fine, but since this was specifically opened about Aaron, I'd like to hear what else needs to be said about him first.

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
This is retarded. Lets make it worse.

1: Omega, your not harry potter. Aaron is Harry potter he coined that username atleast 5 years ago. Get that shit changed.

2. Everyone calling aaron an asshole, your posts are incredibly well worded and definitely dont make you look like bigger assholes.

3. Aaron has been pretty much carrying this community since the final days of ACF, if anyone here deserves some gratitude pointed in there direction its him. Without him we would just have Yop. AND HES FUCKING DUTCH.

4. People complaining about Scott's infractions. Seriously, Scott doesnt give a shit about it, neither should you. If you think you should stick up for Scott then you dont know the guy at all. He does this shit because hes fucking Scott, does anyone even fucking remember that Scott is fucking SCOTT? Derp guys seriously, its Scott, hes had more bans, infractions and general staff hate pointed at him then all of you put together, he doesnt care about whats going on online.

5. Feferi , i see your referencing some general favoritism in the LTD thread. Ever think that maybe the people who didnt get the infraction probably reported your post? When i mod honestly, im lazy. If i get reports in my inbox i look at the post in question, not all posts prior to it or after it. Maybe you should get new friends. Also who gives a shit your arguing about a love triangle that has been irrelevant since 1999, its been argued to death. Let it go.... CLOTI FOR THE WIN, SRSLY.

6. This is stupid, its name changes. Get over it.

~I understand drama based on a new admin being placed in charged based on application forms sent out around the entire net only to find out the new Admin is just the old Crazy admin in a new user name.

~I understand drama caused by an admin who made new accounts for friends whos masturbation vids were leaked to the community.

~I understand drama caused because staff wanted to put a jew star on the user field of every known spammer.

~I understand drama caused by an admin banning an entire team when the forums came back online (SW banned all of SO for a day once :) )

~I ehh could understand drama caused by an underground group of friends using MSN to make a plot to get deadmin someone and call it the Last Honour solely because they didnt like the girl. And then have the ring leader become the Admin for the next 3 years.

~I kinda somewhat understand drama because Manc got banned for a month for posting cos play pics of someone else in Post your pic threads.

~I umm could maybe undestand drama because Spam got shut down.

~I see why people could cause drama for the shit of it because there bored.

See how that list got pettier and pettier? Pretty much all of that happened on ACF.
Congratulations, your making Yops nightmares come true, this will be ACF one day.

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
4. People complaining about Scott's infractions. Seriously, Scott doesnt give a shit about it, neither should you. If you think you should stick up for Scott then you dont know the guy at all. He does this shit because hes fucking Scott, does anyone even fucking remember that Scott is fucking SCOTT? Derp guys seriously, its Scott

maybe it's just because it's the end of the day and i've inhaled some heavy marker fumes but something about this made me laugh

in the midst of all this aka field and staff drama no one can say they don't know who scott is now

he's fucking SCOTT

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
I was trying to keep the personal issues between Omega and V out of this thread Dac, and I didn't mention closing the thread once, so no. :monster:

Good job assuming though.

It's official, you fail reading comprehension. My hat's off to you.

Gabe, I like you, but your post is worthless. You pretty much say nothing at all, make a bunch of unsupported declarations, and make asinine comparisons to acf, when this board hasn't even come to the same extremes.

We've had a few disputes, no one has been banned for speaking their mind, had an entire section closed(or an entire board) or had a member permanently banned just because someone didn't like them.

We're pretty much ok. Also, Aaron hasn't been carrying this board at all, don't make such a ridiculous and flamboyant declaration. All of us have kept this board alive, even before Aaron made his presence significant here.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
I'm not sure that Aaron and Scott needed their e-penises egos sucked off quite so heroically, but good job anyway. I'm sure it meant a lot to them.

This is retarded. Lets make it worse.
am i doing it rite?

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Every time something happens, you people go to extremes, spout hyperbole, and make a bunch of ridiculous excuses for not dealing with shit.

Fuck this crap, I'm done.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Yeah, the warnings in the LTD were all over the place. It was real easy to tell if the mod didn't like you. :monster:

I haven't seen it happen so much since that thread, though.
Are we talking about the three-month-old LTD thread that got closed because people were flaming so much in it? I can go back and infract more spam posts if people think it would help but I'm afraid that might actually stir up even more shit at this point. I agree that the warnings in that thread were completely arbitrary though and didn't really conform much to whether someone had been spamming or not, since a lot of people who spammed definitely didn't get warnings or infractions.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
5. Feferi , i see your referencing some general favoritism in the LTD thread. Ever think that maybe the people who didnt get the infraction probably reported your post? When i mod honestly, im lazy. If i get reports in my inbox i look at the post in question, not all posts prior to it or after it. Maybe you should get new friends. Also who gives a shit your arguing about a love triangle that has been irrelevant since 1999, its been argued to death. Let it go.... CLOTI FOR THE WIN, SRSLY.
the post that was infracted for trolling was a fear and loathing reference about getting back in the car. which most everyone thought was funny except the staff who reported it i guess, and no one got back on topic at that time until ryu made a point that 2 infractions apparently wasn't enough like me and rishi were supposed to be like 'hey guys we got infractions stop it guys :('

no, it's fucking bias shit that i don't care to deal with and i'm asking the staff to not do any more favoritism of this nature

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
1: Omega, your not harry potter. Aaron is Harry potter he coined that username atleast 5 years ago. Get that shit changed.
Problem is, there's a reason why I have the username to begin with - it's a metaphor. Sooooo yeah no, not doing that.

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
@dacon , hey babe lemme quote myself.
ME<3 said:
Lets make it worse.

@feferi person whom i dont recall your original username maybe because ive long since become inactive here or perhaps am making a failed attempt at supporting the aka field argument.

HERES THE NUMBER ONE GOD DAMN RULE OF A FORUM. IF YOU THINK A POST SHOULD BE WARNED. REPORT IT.
Your arguments moot, favoritism happens, were humans. Get over it, maybe your right. Maybe someone doesnt like you and they have mod powar. It happens. We cant all like you :monster:

I'm not sure that Aaron and Scott needed their e-penises egos sucked off quite so heroically, but good job anyway. I'm sure it meant a lot to them.

Ill make sure to e-blow your e-penis some day. But im sure ive probably done it already sometime between ACF and this forum.

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
I think all staff pretty much keeps the board afloat. Except that mako. seriously who is that guy :awesome:

And it's not about trying to come to Scott's rescue. I don't know scott from a hole in the wall. It's about user rights. For me, I felt like unjust action was taken against someone and I voiced my opinion. I wasn't doing it to get into his pants or anything but I'd be totally ok with that.

I can go back and infract more spam posts if people think it would help but I'm afraid that might actually stir up even more shit at this point.

Come on, dude. Do you really think statements like this help anything? She was using that as an example. Sure it was months ago and that thread became a cesspool, but it's not really necessary to respond that way. And I think it's a legitimate complaint since I heard from users that were and were not infracted for doing the same exact thing.

However... I don't think it's really necessary to have an explosion every time a mod tries to enforce a rule. But the rules and consequences need to be clearly posted for all users. As a member who is all about following rules, what happened with Scott's name change issue was a bit shocking to me.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
@feferi person whom i dont recall your original username maybe because ive long since become inactive here or perhaps am making a failed attempt at supporting the aka field argument.

HERES THE NUMBER ONE GOD DAMN RULE OF A FORUM. IF YOU THINK A POST SHOULD BE WARNED. REPORT IT.
Your arguments moot, favoritism happens, were humans. Get over it, maybe your right. Maybe someone doesnt like you and they have mod powar. It happens. We cant all like you :monster:
okay here's the point i am trying to make gabe

it shouldn't happen just because the mod has a bee in his bonnet over my post. it should either happen equally ie everyone who posts that wasn't on topic as the mod had requested. this is my point. the mods shouldn't have a bias against a fucking member because they're the fucking mods and have outright more power than me.

stop being so fucking stupid gabe. also i have my aka field updated so clearly, i'm not the one at fault.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Part of the reason why we've changed the LTD thread to the way it is now, is to ensure that no more bizarre or inconsistent warnings happen in the future. So we're very much aware of the problem, and we're going to fix it and keep it from happening again. Particularly in regards to said LTD thread.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Come on, dude. Do you really think statements like this help anything? She was using that as an example. Sure it was months ago and that thread became a cesspool, but it's not really necessary to respond that way. And I think it's a legitimate complaint since I heard from users that were and were not infracted for doing the same exact thing.
Well, I mean, several people have complained about it, and if we didn't offer to do something to address the imbalance in the way people were treated in order to help settle people's misgivings about the way things have been handled, that would look bad too. There's really no good way to deal with months-old drama that was mishandled. I don't think I was even on staff at that point.

But the rules and consequences need to be clearly posted for all users. As a member who is all about following rules, what happened with Scott's name change issue was a bit shocking to me.
I can see why people saw this as problematic. Live and learn, I guess.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
However... I don't think it's really necessary to have an explosion every time a mod tries to enforce a rule.

This is what happens when you have unresolved tensions built up over a long time without anyone making an effort to deal with them.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Part of the reason why we've changed the LTD thread to the way it is now, is to ensure that no more bizarre or inconsistent warnings happen in the future. So we're very much aware of the problem, and we're going to fix it and keep it from happening again. Particularly in regards to said LTD thread.

You mean, *ME. As In Dacon. The Cole Train. Batman. That guy who pees in your mouth while you sleep.

Bitch.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
@dacon , hey babe lemme quote myself.

Ill make sure to e-blow your e-penis some day. But im sure ive probably done it already sometime between ACF and this forum.

.... You don't really get the meaning of what is being said here dontchya gabe?

With all due respect, it's not about analraping e-penises or e-gos if you will, it's merely about what constitutes to our freedom of just being in this community as a whole and not finger pointing for some small time mistakes or small time arguements. Its such things that made the other forums crash and burn and I do not wish to repeat the same bullshit in TLS. Kindly re-evaluate the situation, sir and do not disrespect the lady in such an ungentlemanly manner : [

Top Bottom