Mobius Final Fantasy (formerly "Mevius Final Fantasy")

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i didn't even work it out by cottoning on to the initials myself from the full titles

in the game now they are marked on the world map as 'ffvii ec' and 'ffvii fc' to differentiate the two and i saw it yesterday and it took me a whole day to absorb that information and while trying to make sunday dinner it suddenly dawned on me that 'wait, they have c's in their names like what does the other stuff' and that is the extent of my intellectual prowess

it took me a day after having it shown plainly to my face to notice the connection between those names and the series for which i have been on an internet forum for nearly 10 years

to notice the elusive pattern 'alphabetical order plus the letter c'

There is of course the distracting element that these FFVII events only connect back to the original game, not to any expanding Compilation continuity in the form of a prequel or a sequel. :monster:

So along with the "Vincent Job" update there were also more FFVII monster cards introduced.

シャドウクリーパー
Shadow Creeper

555d11de4161318561090f186285dfc6b90e4afb.jpg

Yes, this is a very different take on the Shadow Creepers from Advent Children. o__O

特殊戦闘員
Special Combatant

c63f95a17c433fef16cfa500fc15a46c2e67ddf8.jpg

ポーランサリタ
Pollensalta

7193231ccdd9f83a64a3be729a4c8013d9506839.jpg

b107bd913936f8e3a345b064816c7139d2ce084c.jpg

To my dismay, I can no longer download videos straight from Twitter simply by changing to mobile view. =/

I'm forced to use this instead.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Have we ever determined just what the hell the Special Combatants are? I dig the barcode on its shoulder

Also, I don't know why I'm surprised at how human Pollensalta looks, she looked pretty human in VII after all. But it still struck me. I do like how it looks like she's in the cave in Great Glacier (intentional or otherwise, and she was blue, off course)

Last edited:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Yeah...same enemy though, lol, and the background DOES look like an ice cave.

And the Special Combatants always seemed too...biological to be robots. Experiments were an option, but seemed strange that you only see them in train tunnels or reactors, and not the Shinra building, for instance.

Amazing what a simple google search can reveal :monster:

Mobius FFVII Summon cards

- Choco/Mog
- Shiva
- Ifrit
- Ramuh
- Kujata
- Bahamut
- Neo Bahamut
- Bahamut ZERO
- Hades
- Titan
- Phoenix
- Odin
- Leviathan
- Alexander
- Knights of the Round

Additional FFVII monster cards

- Skeeskee
- Aps & Rapps
- Heli Gunner
- Touch Me
- Wolfmeister
- Lost Number
- Hundred Gunner
- Schizo
- Devil Ride

- Hell House
- Magic Pot
- Ghirofelgo
- Jemnezmy
- Dorky Face
- Death Dealer
- Gi Nattak
- Sword Dance

There is also a Yin & Yang card but for some reason it doesn't have the FFVII subtitle. Same with Foulander.

Last edited:

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
I like the flavor text. The idea that Devil Rides might be wandering around the actual plate is kinda scary. No wonder nobody goes out at night...

More and more I'm eager to see this stuff in the remake.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
特殊戦闘員
Special Combatant

c63f95a17c433fef16cfa500fc15a46c2e67ddf8.jpg

Stumbled on these images just now, and man... the Special Combatants are actually some of my favourite enemies in FFVII, so I have a TON of thoughts about them. (If anyone could obtain a higher resolution version of this for me, I'd be eternally grateful, since the top right of the event image makes it seem like there's a pretty version to be had).

Their original concept art makes them look VERY much like robotically modified humans. Also, if you look at the location of where they fire their weapons in that art, it's clear that the Mighty Grunts have barrels attached to the same location, and they DEFINITELY seem to be the same sorts of
tumblr_om83kbsCZw1v4r5kdo1_1280.jpg

Have we ever determined just what the hell the Special Combatants are?
I always just assumed they are robots.

They don't die the (slightly inconsistent, but still telling) breaking-apart robot death, however the Mighty Grunt armor DOES use that animation when breaking apart, which means that I think that they are DEFINITELY intended to be human, or at least organic hybrids with a lot of cybernetics.

I'm really interested in seeing how these things are translated in the Remake, since there's clearly some darker types of troop modifications going on aside from just the SOLDIER Program, since these guys are apparently used as the Aero Combatants as well.

RELATED: Should we compile a list of all of the FFVII-art cards into a thread in the Remake sub-forum somewhere? It seems like that'd be a good place for these things to live.

X :neo:

RELATED: Should we compile a list of all of the FFVII-art cards into a thread in the Remake sub-forum somewhere? It seems like that'd be a good place for these things to live.
I see no problem with creating a thread specifically for the Mobius FFVII art and assets in the remake section. One *could* post the cards in the Extent of the ripped mobius resources from the remake thread, but the problem here (in fact the same as with creating an entirely new thread) is that we have no proof currently that the FFVII art cards are linked to the development of the FFVII Remake. I *hope* the Mobius cards will inspire the Remake, or that the cards may be using concept art from the FFVII Remake department, but currently we just don't have any confirmed links.

Even with all this uncertainty, I approve of raising awareness of the Mobius FFVII cards.

I have requested that Radigar send us a compilation of the FFVIIxMobius cards. He can rip the card art straight from the game files and thus provide them in the highest possible quality (not counting the higher quality on the artist's DeviantArt account, where most card art isn't posted though). He'll get it done eventually. :monster:

Example:

ScIMUdk.png

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Being that Mobius is supposed to be using actual assets from the remake, it's probable this artwork is from the same. Not confirmed, though, as you said.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
on the subject of ffvii i got the cloud ultimate hero card today

also i had to watch the part 1 ending on youtube because it kept crashing on my phone and it keeps doing this to me and i guess it's because my phone is old but man it's annoying

Teioh

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Teiocho
Being that Mobius is supposed to be using actual assets from the remake, it's probable this artwork is from the same. Not confirmed, though, as you said.

Alexander – Nagase
Bahamut – Buddy Jiang
Bahamut ZERO – Bayard Wu
Choco/Mog – Victor
Ifrit – Buddy Jiang
Knights of the Round - Lasahido
Neo Bahamut – Suranaki
Phoenix – Mathias Kollros
Shiva – Lasahido
Titan – nurikabe

Aps & Raps – Suranaki
Devil Ride – Bayard Wu
Dorky Face – Nurikabe
Emerald Weapon – Bayard Wu
Ghirofelgo – Nagase
Gi Nattak – Suranaki
Hundred Gunner – Takayuki Futami
Jemnezmy – Rakuen
Lost Number – Kouhei Hayama
Schizo - tsudajiro
Wolfmeister – Akio

Diamond Weapon – SQUARE ENIX Roberto Ferrari
Heli Gunner – SQUARE ENIX Yumi Yoshihara
Kujata – SQUARE ENIX Toshitaka Matsuda
Yin & Yang – SQUARE ENIX Yumi Yoshihara

Only the last few have the Square Enix title before their names so I'm betting that all the others are commissioned artists. There's always the possibility of reaching out to a couple of the artists and asking them about the process? If SE gave them references/specific info or if they were given free reign to draw what they wanted?

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
I'm sure most of the cards are just concept art. It might be how they turn out in the remake, might be slightly different.

I think it's weird that they went out of their way to make FFVII assets for this since everything else is recycled/tweaked from something else. What's weirder is that it's all AC content, Tifa, Yuffie and Vincent are all in their AC designs.

Teioh

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Teiocho
I'm not very good with strategy as such since I pulled a good job card early on to simply bulldoze my way through enemies so I can't help you with much there. I'd buy the Mobius Gift Box when you can as it gives you 50% more skillseeds for 30 days as well as other goodies at the price of 1500 magicite. Magicite is pretty easy to get these days as it drops randomly in fights (usually around 20 but you can get more from the prize chests at the end of battles). You collect at least 100 a day so you'll always have enough to buy another gift box when it runs out. Doing events (FFXIII is on atm) often nabs you goodies like a crap ton of seeds plus summon tickets. I tend to stockpile the summon tickets for multiple pulls whenever there's a FF7 event going on but that's just me :monster: you can use the surplus magicite if you want to summon cards and haven't got enough summon tickets. But I like to hoard that too lol

I'd complete as many story chapters as soon as you can first as it raises the level cap on cards as well as unlocking other strategy abilities such as changing to a different job/deck in the middle of battle. I don't use it as much as I really should since again, bulldozing my way to victory. I think they also have a Novices' Hall now which gives you several jobs upon completion so definitely do that if you haven't already. Also there's a starter greater summon for cards which guarantees extra maxed out jobs but can only be used within the first 30 days of playing so nab that whenever you can.

At first I wasted a ton on augmenting cards which ended up not being used so my advice is to find a job type/style you like (or two if you're going to be strategic and switch) and focus on those types of cards. For instance my style of play is warrior/ranger focused and has me casting an area effect stun on the enemies giving me an extra turn. I rarely need more than two turns to get through enemies though. But stun was invaluable to me when I first began! Haste in the early days was good too but I don't keep it on me nowadays. Basically try and get your hands on cards with abilities which do something more than just deal damage. I like to lower break resistance for quicker battles. Speaking of quicker battles, there's a button [>>] that makes battles/animations faster but I'm not sure if it's only when in Auto mode. It's useful for the Shrine of Trials where you're timed.

You can go around and find enemies that have the same ability and augment them to a higher level (to get rid of the 'lesser' in front of the ability, usually requires being augmented to 3 before it loses it) and then fuse them to your card to increase the abilities... but I just spend a ton of Ability tickets to do it instead (unlocks both ability and seed levels). It's probably cheaper to do it the long way but I'm lazy :P and I don't use the tickets on anything else anyway. If you do intend to collect the materials to augment the lesser ability cards to fuse then I'd suggest doing the Exploration regions when you can. You can find the bosses which drop the materials all over the place but Exploration areas are usually easier to farm (plus you get prize chests with a couple of Summon tickets so always good to complete when you can). It's only recently that I've settled on most of the cards which suit my style so yeah, only boost cards you really, really like if you want to avoid my kind of wastefulness.

Watch everyone else come along and disagree with everything I've said - I'm a terrible player :P learn from my mistakes lol

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i am basing this on the japanese version so i don't know if they run things a bit differently elsewhere

- ff/legendary jobs are among the best jobs you can use
- they should have card draws which guarantee a specific job(s) after 8 draws, so it's worth saving up tickets and magicite for those rather than spending them whenever you have enough. if you're unlucky, you will get at most 7 other job cards before getting the target job. if you're lucky, you can get the target job sooner and you can save the rest of the tickets/magicite for the next draw. they also will be drawn with all the skill panels unlocked
- any surplus job cards you get will level up that job so it's not a complete waste?
- there are certain areas where you have to use a certain job type, so maybe try to get at least one high tier job for each class
- those special draws will also sometimes have an increased chance of getting ultimate cards/heroes. ultimate cards are useful abilities. ultimate hero cards (apart from changing the appearance to past ff characters) will use the stats of another job but will give you a new limit break, so you can use it with a base job that has a a single-target limit break to make it attack all enemies.
- abilities will have standard attacks ('fire attack on a single enemy') or ones with extra benefits (fire attack plus lowered defence, or whatever), so ideally you'd want to go for those?

Teioh

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Teiocho
What Strangelove said :monster:
- if you're unlucky, you will get at most 7 other job cards before getting the target job.
- any surplus job cards you get will level up that job so it's not a complete waste?

These are the only things I think may be different for the version I play. You're not guaranteed a job card every pull but will always get one on the 8th try, whether it's the one you want, well that's just the luck of the draw. If it's not you may have to do another 8 pulls for a guaranteed job card and even then it's still not guaranteed it'd be the one you want... There used to be a summon specifically to get job cards but they removed it last year and now it's just luck if you pull one :closedmonster:

I have never gotten duplicates of job cards. There was a bug where it was possible but it gave you nothing and has since been fixed (I think?). To level a job card you have to get Celestriad by pulling duplicate ability cards and then exchanging for Overbooster-J in the item shop. So the good news is that you will always get a brand new job card when you are lucky enough to get one (as long as you haven't collected them all already). Bad news is that you have to overboost the level the long way... and spend soooo much on trying to get it in the first place. Which is the reason why I hoard so much magicite/summon tickets lol

- there are certain areas where you have to use a certain job type, so maybe try to get at least one high tier job for each class

^This. I haven't had to change my class for a while and forgot about this but yeah, make sure you're at least comfortable with all job types. I really should focus on making my mage's ability cards stronger :whistle:

Edit: Also try to keep on top of your card collection by selling ones you don't need/want. Don't be me and try to hoard ability cards you're never going to use and come to a situation where you're 30 cards away from the storage cap. You can set it up to auto-sell any cards you don't want. And if you change your mind and want to start collecting that card again for whatever reason you can go into the card catalogue and switch it back to not auto-sell. This game is murder for a hoarder like me -_-

Last edited:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
These are the only things I think may be different for the version I play. You're not guaranteed a job card every pull but will always get one on the 8th try, whether it's the one you want, well that's just the luck of the draw. If it's not you may have to do another 8 pulls for a guaranteed job card and even then it's still not guaranteed it'd be the one you want... There used to be a summon specifically to get job cards but they removed it last year and now it's just luck if you pull one :closedmonster:
in the japanese version all major draws (6 tickets/3000 magicite) give 5 ability cards and 1 job card (with a small chance of getting an ultimate card and other bonuses like tickets for echo costumes/other sprites) each time. you keep duplicate ability cards, unless you set them to automatically sell in which case you get gil and revival tickets instead like you would selling them from the menu.

if you get a duplicate job card it gives you a 'limit level up' which levels up that job by 4 and gives you some bonus items like revival tickets or crystals, and 2x three stars (which i guess are called 'celestriad' instead). you can buy 'job exceeds' with three stars, but i always get a summon ticket instead. so at a certain point you do end up just getting the same job cards most of the time

i don't know why they would change that. i suppose getting new jobs each time you get a job card is a nice change, but at what cost, square!

also i spent a bunch of magicite upgrade my card boxes because i want to have one copy of every non-monster dropped card at hand even if i'm not going to use them.

i would also make sure you've got a bunch of mage-focused ability cards (and perhaps a good support ability for mages if you're like me and do 3 attack abilities and 1 support) because there will be points where you will need those in some of the later chapters. though which job you use at the beginning might depend more on what you have. when i was starting out i ended up using a mage a lot because i happened to draw a good mage job card.

also, if the weapons upgrading is available, i would probably focus on one weapon for each job type and keep upgrading that. e.g. my main warrior weapon is the masamune from the ffvii event (which has the 'reunion' auto-ability which sometimes gives you a number of rainbow elements equal to the ones you use for an ability, and by upgrading that weapon you can improve that ability or unlock new ones). the key is to find a weapon that's already good to start with.

which is why jobs with fully unlocked skill panels are good because you get their weapons at their max level without having to unlock them yourself.

(i think getting duplicate job cards might have also unlocked skill panels if you hadn't unlocked them? it's been a while since i got a new job that wasn't fully unlocked so i'm not sure now)

(why would you change that, square)

Teioh

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Teiocho
I was going to ask what revival tickets were since they're not in my version but I quickly looked it up and it's what I refer to as ability tickets :moar:

also i spent a bunch of magicite upgrade my card boxes because i want to have one copy of every non-monster dropped card at hand even if i'm not going to use them.

I've done this too but the max atm is 800 for each of the storage boxes and I'm very close to filling them both :lol: I've started to go through the cards and sell the ones that are rank 4 and have crappy abilities since I can always buy them back from the ability shop if needed. I think they have to be either pulled at or augmented to rank 4 before you can find them in the ability shop though. Not touching the time-limited or anniversary ones ofc.

i would also make sure you've got a bunch of mage-focused ability cards (and perhaps a good support ability for mages if you're like me and do 3 attack abilities and 1 support)

I'm glad you said this because I also keep 3 attack abilities and 1 support in my decks. Good to know that I'm not completely useless at this :monster:

Still need to do some work on my mage and monk ability cards. I just don't seem to have the luck when it comes to getting good ability cards for those jobs.

(why would you change that, square)

I don't know why but I can probably hazard a guess that it brings in more money for them one way or another. I think I would have preferred the Japanese version of doing it or at least have them keep the bloody job summon banner. It used to give a job card you didn't already own at the steep price of 6 summon tickets/3000 magicite for one job card (no ability cards) but the Legendary Jobs were not included. Hm, now that I think about it that's no good either.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
I've done the 6 Summon draw, and have decided to save up for that. They also had a 3x use use noob thing that gave you 5 maxed summons and a maxed job that cost half as much and is only available in the first 30 days of starting, so I have a hax version of Ranger (Dancer) Mage (I don't remember) & Warrior (Dragoon).

I've been running around as a maxed out Wyrm Lord and I've completed all of Chapter 1, and I'm into Chapter 2 now, I've got solid cards. All of the ones I've been using started at 24, but I recently bought a Dragon Lord to replace Hades since I'm literally never even getting hit by enemies, the Ultimate Boost & Extra Moves are more important, so I'm leveling that one up from scratch, so I think my deck is putting my at 86-101 at the moment depending on what I'm running (since I have two versions since there're so few Wind enemies in the desert).

I think that the boost they give you starting off is pretty big. I am curious if you always need a special card to use Light/Dark Orbs though, or if those are parts of some classes that I haven't got yet.

X :neo:

Teioh

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Teiocho
You're doing great so far, especially if you're not getting hit :monster:
I am curious if you always need a special card to use Light/Dark Orbs though, or if those are parts of some classes that I haven't got yet.

There are job cards which have the ability to use light/dark orbs such as Viking who uses dark/wind/earth. Also I think it's around Chapter 4 where the original starter jobs gain the ability to use them too. Onion Knight and Apprentice Mage get to use light whilst Neophyte Ranger and Trainee Monk get to use dark.

Top Bottom