30 days of FF meme (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Favourite canon-ish pairings?

Balthier x Fran
Zidane x Garnet (the way her love for him is shown unfolding is wonderful, believable, and so touching)
Cloud x Tifa
Tseng x Aerith
Rude x Tifa

favourite crack pairing - zero justification for it in canon:
Tseng x Rufus

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Zidane/Dagger (ultimate!)

honourable mentions:

Beatrix/Steiner
Locke/Celes

While I like Cloud/Tifa, Cloud/Aeris and Aeris/Tifa, a Cloud/Aeris/Tifa doesn't do it for me.

Marle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Ava, Spike Spiegel, Stella Nox Fleuret, Altair Ibn-La'Ahad, Princess Zelda, Alice, Raven Roth, Faye Valentine, Tifa Lockhart, Khal Drogo
I'll stick to canon(ish) first :D

1. Cloud x Tifa: OTP. Why? Because they're so messed up. Which makes them real, relatable and awesome. I mean, can you imagine the make up sex after all the events in ACC? :awesome: On a more serious note, their relationship really is a roller coaster and is so distinguished from every other FF couple. They didn't need to kiss, hug or say I love you, their crappy little polygon forms told us enough. I'm a sap and I fall for the cheesy stuff and CloTi is pretty damn cheesy. ^_^

2. Dagger x Zidane: I love both these characters! So when the idea of them being together came about, I almost exploded from all the awesomeness. It was nice to see a lead male who wasn't all weird around the pretty leading lady for a change. And watching it grow and change throughout the game was really cute and sweet. :)

3. Aerith x Zack: Don't shoot me. I know CC might have made a mockery of Aerith's character (fearing the sky...not what I'd expect from a girl who was able to fend off Turks most of her life) but like I said; I like cheesy! And this pairing is super duper cheesy. I couldn't help it, okay?! I just started d'awwwwwing every time they had such sweet moments together in that game. I adore Zack's devotion to her; it's so heartfelt and touching. The whole 89 letters thing, dashing to Midgar just to see Aerith again...tugged at my heart strings. Yes I cried, shutup. :shifty:

Honourable mentions:
Rikku x Gippal
Vaan x Penelo
Fang x Vanille
Cloud x Aerith (if only because the fanart is so goddamn GAWGEOUS)

As for crack couples...
Tifa x Sephiroth: HELL. YES.
Aerith x Tifa: Don't mess with the greatest lesbians in FF history, k?
Tifa x Zack
Tifa x Kain
Aerith x Leon
Cloud x Zack: maybe not as crack as we all believe it to be...;D

Basically, pair Tifa up with almost anyone and I'll probably ship it.

*shameless Tifa whore*

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
1. Cloud x Tifa: OTP. Why? Because they're so messed up. Which makes them real, relatable and awesome. On a more serious note, their relationship really is a roller coaster and is so distinguished from every other FF couple.

I agree. Their relationship has its ups and downs like a real couple, and I think this is what appeals to me. I enjoy angsty couples, and the reality of this couple is striking and fascinating.

3. Aerith x Zack

I can't believe I forgot them! I love Aerith/Zack. I think it has a lot to do with how much I like them separately, and together I think they're adorable.

As for crack couples...
Tifa x Sephiroth: HELL. YES.
Aerith x Leon

O.o kaaaay...

Cloud x Zack: maybe not as crack as we all believe it to be...;D

I LOVE THIS BROMANCE. <3

There are other couples I like but wouldn't necessarily list them as "favs":
Beatrix/Steiner
Freya/Fratley
Vaan/Penelo
Squall/Rinoa

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I agree. Their relationship has its ups and downs like a real couple, and I think this is what appeals to me. I enjoy angsty couples, and the reality of this couple is striking and fascinating.

And thankfully its not what usually makes up "angsty" couples. Cheating, blatant assholery, etc. etc. Its the type of problems that don't make you hate one or the other.

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
Favourite FF pairing:

Emperor Mateus and Ultimecia, without a doubt. Horns, lipstick, crouch skulls and sophisticated slutty dresses FTW. :monster:

But, in truth, it has to be a tie between Garnet and Zidane’s pure love story and Yuna and Tidus’ tragic love.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
FFIV- Rosa x Cecil and Edge x Rydia. I absolutely adore the love and devotion between Cecil and Rosa, but it's not like... too sickening. Yeah it's cliche, cheesy, and all that but they are SUCH a good team together. It's like, we get that they're in love but they don't have to gush over it every two seconds. Badass + Beautiful >w>. As for Edge and Rydia, I loved their interactions from the start and I think they're adorable together, lawl. I love characters that pick on and poke at each other as a way of flirting. Annnd of course I love Kain x Cecil. YUM. Just think of all the hardcore --- okay I'm done.

FFV- Bartz x Farris
For no real reason. They just look good together, lol.

FFVI- CELES X LOCKE FOREVER ;_;. I can't believe there were (and sometimes still are) people that thought Locke x Terra was supposed to be canon. I think these two both go through a lot in the game, and grow closer to one another because of it. Their scenes are the best, too. Like when Celes finds Locke's bandana, or the whole ending sequence. I also like Setzer x Daryl. *Sniff*

FFVII- Cloti, Zerith, Clack, AerTi. And I'm sure I've ranted enough in the LTD thread about each where I don't need to leave an explanation, lol.

FFVIII- I ship Quistis x Seifer, leave me be. Rebellious student and sexy teacher with a whip? >w> Plus, I actually adore Seifer's character especially compared to Squall who outright treats Quistis like a piece of shit for no reason... at least Seifer HAS a reason. He's meant to be the douche bag trouble maker, but Quistis can actually say things to bite back against him. Needless to say, she'd so be on top in their relationship, if they had one. :awesome: And also.. I actually preferred the idea of Zell x Selphie... not that I mind Irvine x Selphie, but it just wasn't as cute and it seemed kind of pushed onto you. Zell and Selphie just have such similar personalities and would be ten times cuter. Imo.

FFIX - Zidane x Garnet, herpderp. I think they probably have the sweetest, most romantic, and developed relationships in any FF. Zidane actually has to try and win her over, and gain her trust. Garnet has to make some very big decisions when it comes to her kingdom, her friends, and her love interest. The way they support each other always, is so sweet. ;_; And when Zidane leaves and comes back at the very end... where she tosses away her pendant and her crown and just jumps into his arms... *sobs* Also I kinda thought Vivi x Eiko was cute. >w>
Yaoi wise, yesh... I do like Kuja x Zidane. I mean they aren't REALLY brothers... right? .... RIGHT? :awesome: And I do like Zidane x Blank. OH THAT REMINDS ME. BLANK X RUBY.

FFX - I always kinda liked the idea of Tidus x Rikku. I think they'd be so damn adorable together. xD Tidus x Yuna tugs at my heartstrings of course, but I can't say I'm a giant fan of it.

FFX-2 - RIKKU X GIPPAL FOR THE FUCKING WIN.

FFXII - I absolutely ADORE Larsa x Penelo. I think it's cute how protective and sweet he is towards her. Such a prince charming ;w;. I like how he seems kind of jealous of Vaan sometimes, at least that is the impression that I got. I always thought it would have been the most awesome thing if they had ended up together. To be honest. Vaan x Penelo bores me. And I always saw them as siblings but... myeh. And that's pretty much the only ship... besides Balthier x Vaan. My Yaoi mind is very pleased with that pairing. Like during that part where Vaan wakes up sore in that sand prison or whatever and Balthier's just sitting there with that smug look... I KNOW WHAT REALLY HAPPENED KAY.

FFXIII - Fang x Vanille. BAAAW THE ENDING.

Cracky pairings I liek:
Laguna x Tifa
Squall x Aerith
Cloud x Firion
Riku x Aerith
Cloud x Yuna
Lightning x Aerith
Lightning x Tifa
Squall x Lightning
Cloud x Terra
Kuja x Garnet
Kain x Tiff

zero justification for it in canon:
Tseng x Rufus

There is plenty of justification! This pairing has delicious fanfiction... =u=

THERE. I managed to keep it short. But I may have forgotten some ships... :sigh: :lol:

Last edited:

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
Favourite Final Fantasy pairing/ship?

Lightning/Tifa

You mean canon?

Lightning/Tifa.

1qzgrg.gif

Sam Winchester said:
To be honest. Vaan x Penelo bores me. And I always saw them as siblings but... myeh.

saaaaaame. i really never got the impression they ever liked each other in ffxii either. :|

anyway my favorite pairings tl;dr:

ca.jpg

FFVII - Cloud/Aeris
um yes well i'll allow you all to recover from your shock. I just really love the dynamic of these two -- how Cloud is trying so hard to be a rough, badass soldier boy and within five minutes Aeris is laughing at his routine and practically leading him around. And their wall market antics o lawd (I LIKE FUN OKAY). They both grew up lonely and have different ways of expressing that, but it's because of that that Aeris just sort of got Cloud - even all messed up like he was - which was a good thing since the guy is not ace at communication. And she was always good about giving him hints rather than answers, because she was sure he'd find them on his own. OF COURSE NOW SHE DEAD, buuut even though I don't think these two are spiritsexin it up, I think she helped a lot getting him past his grief and helping him live and love fully. Which I think is a good message for anyone.

fanille.jpg

FFXIII - Fang/Vanille
If you don't believe in Fanille you don't believe in LOOOOOOOOOVE. I cannot even describe the ways I adore them. And I ship over a million lesbian pairings and love 'em all but, I always like it when a lesbian ship comes by that has nothing to do with sexuality. No 'omg i like i girl wat do' drama, it's just there and wonderfully enough, completely accepted by everyone in the party. I love how devoted Fang is to Vanille without being totally blind to her faults - she just completely accepts them. The characters are so expressive in this game, too, it makes their interaction all the more realistic (what with their constant touching). plus goddamn it's just romantic. "I'd tear down the sky to save her," "No, for once in my life, I'm going to save her," akdsldjd omg you two why so fucking cute.

zidag.jpg

FFIX - Zidane/Garnet
This pair is so awesome for the sheer fact they have an epic love story that does not overshadow their personal arcs. It was probably one of the most well written fairy tale-ish romances ever. Her whole coronation was so painful with neither one of them being able to spit out how they felt and Zidane leaving to drink his feelings away after he really realizes he's in love with her. They both have their own storylines but they also help each other become better people, which is the best thing you can ask of any couple.

and finally lightning/aerith because i said so

Marle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Ava, Spike Spiegel, Stella Nox Fleuret, Altair Ibn-La'Ahad, Princess Zelda, Alice, Raven Roth, Faye Valentine, Tifa Lockhart, Khal Drogo
OF COURSE NOW SHE DEAD, buuut even though I don't think these two are spiritsexin it up, I think she helped a lot getting him past his grief and helping him live and love fully. Which I think is a good message for anyone.

How can I thank this x100?

ForceStealer

Double Growth
People think Locke and Terra was the intended couple in VI? He looks after her when they first meet, but other than that it always pretty much struck me as the Locke and Celes show.

Ite

AKA
Ite
I think it speaks volumes that in eleven years I haven't heard one word of dissent for Zidane/Dagger.

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
Favourite FF ship will forever and always be YuffiexVincent. I could write an essay on why I love it so much but I'll spare you all from my frightening level of obsession.

Other huge favourites are TsengxAerith and LightningxFang. Now, I love FangxVanille, but fuck if LightningxFang isn't the hottest thing since Mount Vesuvius erupted. Seriously, play that game and tell me that Lightning isn't a flaming homosexual. That's right, you can't, because she totally wants in Fang's pants. Sari. Whatever.

Other favourites: ZidanexGarnet, LockexCeles, TsengxElena, RenoxTifa

and without exception, I always find crack pairings far more interesting than canon ones, because as a fan there's just so much room to play with the relationship that you just don't have with canon ships.

Tifaeria

Hello again! 8D
AKA
Roxy Lalonde, Black Canary, Princess Vampira, Ah-Choo, Cutie-Aoide
Holy crap, look at all the days I missed. To save you guys a wall of text, I'm just gonna talk about today.

FFVI: Locke x Terra

FFVII: Cloud x Tifa

FFVIII: Laguna x Raine

FFIX: Zidane x Dagger/Freya x Fratley

FFX: Lulu x Auron/Tidus x Yuna/Lulu x Wakka

FFXII: Fran x Balthier/Ashe x Basch

FFXIII: Fang x Vanille/Lightning x Hope (LEGAL MIND YOU! Anything fan related when he's 14 is just brother/sister to me. Only when he's 21 will I ship it. :monstersmash:)

Dissidia: Laguna x Tifa/Kain x Tifa (the last couple is particularly my favorite. I wish there were more works with them together because they were so great in the game <333)

Ite

AKA
Ite
If we're going on "Age is the state of your cell regeneration" Vincent is 30 and Shelke is nine. Even by backwards Twilight logic, that is unprecedented levels of creepy.

Even if we're going on "Age is a measure of experience and maturity" that still puts Vincent at 60 and Shelke at 19. Which is less morally reprehensible but still unsettling.

Splintered

unsavory tart
Even if we're going on "Age is a measure of experience and maturity" that still puts Vincent at 60 and Shelke at 19. Which is less morally reprehensible but still unsettling.
Well, it's the same with Yuffie too.

Consequently, I don't ship Vincent with anything but his dramatic, angsty red coat.

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
Well, it's the same with Yuffie too.

shhhhhhh with your logic

Consequently, I don't ship Vincent with anything but his dramatic, angsty red coat.

totally canon. i mean did you see the way he flips it around and flares it dramatically in DoC

unresolved sexual tension if ive ever seen it

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
how long did vincent spend in that coffin
in that mansion
with apparently no running water or interest in bathing

the guy must have smelled like disgusting gym socks when they first met him

Ite

AKA
Ite
At that point, I don't think any of them had showered in weeks. The stale smell of a dusty mothball man would have been like a breath of fresh air compared to Cloud's smelly pits.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Considering Vincent's body doesn't age, deteriorate or function anything like a normal human body, I actually doubt he'd smell any worst than just old clothes that have been kept in a closed up attic for too long :monster:

I always figured everyone at least took a courtesy shower or something everytime they stopped at an Inn or used a tent/cottage.

Until VincentxShelke came along, I was a believer too. Still kind of like it some.

You're a sick fucking pedo! :@ :@ :@

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom