30 Days of Final Fantasy (2019)

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Day 18

I would like a new Dissidia fighting game, keep the Bravery System that makes Dissidia unique and transfer that to the 2D format, the game could either be a classic 1v1 game or a tag team fighter (2v2 or 3v3).

Gary Caelum

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Gary Caelum
FF6 remade with the Octopath Traveler style. It's a no-brainer.

Also, a lot more mini-games like they used to have. There needs to be something as big as Triple Triad in the next game.

Ghost X

Day 19.

- A good story :p. Ideally one that addresses one or multiple topical questions or some science fiction issue. Something original and ground breaking anyway. If folks don't like science fiction, they can always find something analogous in fantasy.

- Perhaps an exploration of aesthetics. One thing I liked about FFX was how it looked at Asian architecture, etc, rather than the usual western stuff. I'd go one step further, and conceptualise a world alien to our own, requiring a mammoth effort in world building. Make things make sense in the world, not as if they've been plucked from a vacuum, as generally happens in FF.

- New art direction. Retire Nomura. Give me a radically Amano-esque game, or go in a completely new direction.

- A stylised game might be nice, like FFIX. A game where humans aren't exactly realistic looking, etc.

- A huge world, akin to the size of Earth, with as much cultural diversity (:awesome:), or an allusion to such. The game itself might only take place in a small region. Thicc with politics also :p.

- A tactical espionage RPG :P.

- Prequels to FFVII and FFVIII set in ancient times. The creation story of FFVIII has a lot of potential, methinks.

- Making a "surprise" connected universe story with another FF where the connection is only made at the end would be interesting as well, methinks. I'm not talking about a vague FFX-FFVII thing either. The connection being as such that it adds replay value to the game, like the Sixth Sense movie, once you know the spoiler. Maybe an FF world has radically changed for example, and boom, old man Balthier appears. I think Ivalice would be good for that actually. A story set a couple of generations after the great catastrophe or whatever it is called, as civilization would be still finding its feet. One could surely hide the huge spoiler that it is the world of Ivalice somewhere :p.

I could do this forever.

Castiel Strife

Pro Adventurer
what'd you like to see in a ffvii sequel?? :o

ALSO AGREED CRASH TBH

I don’t even know, to be honest. That’s why they’d have to “do it right”, because even I don’t know what “right” is. The original game is almost too perfect. Maybe some DLC for FFVII would be better. More weapons and such.

Oh, I also forgot to add a Crisis Core remake/remaster.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
I want the next FF to have a cast that includes both non-white characters, men and women and non humans, A Renaissance aestetic to it perhaps?

Gary Caelum

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Gary Caelum
Oh, I also forgot to add a Crisis Core remake/remaster.

Given how many of the assets will be the same as FF7, I'm hoping they release it as a DLC for the FF7remake. It probably wouldn't be that big a workload once they've already got most of the characters and environments made for the remake.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Ehh it’s hard to think of something to want because (aside from FFXII) Square-Enix products haven’t really ever turned my crank. I’ve kind of made my peace with the fact that I probably only liked jrpgs before voice acting and modern graphics kinda ruined them for me. Squaresoft isn’t going to make another 40+ hour interactive visual novel, which is what I want. Sorry to be Debbie Downer... :/

CrashOuch

she/her
AKA
Sara
Say 19. HMMMM. So the first FF I ever saw was IX, cos it was a handmedown given to a youth club I went to and I used to watch the boys playing it and I overheard one of the leaders talking about it and explaining why it was called 'final' fantasy so even though I didn't really know what the game was, I always remembered that that was its name so years later I did some googling and due to its popularity, VII was what came up and thus began my first obsession. I was very confused. It was probably around 2005/6 when AC first came out so all the shit on youtube was from that but I was reading the wiki pages and they were telling me about some white material and I was like hmm okay I guess that's that white bandage that little girl is holding in that church, and I guess she's Aerith and that's her mum there in the black leather skirt giving her the white material that she'll uh reads on summon Holy. Yes this definitely all makes sense. But I loved it even so and dedicated hundreds of hours of my life to watching complete playthroughs and AC on repeat until I drove my family entirely mad.

Lestat

He/him
AKA
Ergo, V
Ffvii - was the first final fantasy game I ever played and I was instantly hooked.
I have bought it on every single platform I could ever since and replayed it probably around 25 times.
I love the story and to this day don't think square has managed to top the originality of ffvii.

Castiel Strife

Pro Adventurer
You make this too easy condom. Of course Final Fantasy VII! I mean, what else can I even say that I haven’t already? It’s a game that sort of brough my brother, my stepdad, and me together and it’s what really got me into gaming.

If I hadn’t played Final Fantasy VII I probably wouldn’t be gaming today, to be honest. It’s almost as if I play games to find a game that’s better than VII. Guess what? I haven’t. ? I’ve even said I might “retire” from gaming after completing the remake, and we will see. It’s still a possibility for me, because it’s basically what I’ve always wanted from a game. It was my first and continues to be my obsession. Some games have come close to the magic, but none have reached it.

I also have an unhealthy obsession with Lightning but that’s a story for another day. ?

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
FFVII. I secretly got a tattoo of it as a teen, and there were some days when I literally could not think of anything else. It was the first time I really got sucked into a story while having a developed enough brain to empathize with the characters. In short: it was the first fake thing that felt really real to me.

Gary Caelum

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Gary Caelum
FF7 was the first one to release in europe. I really didn't know what JRPGs were before that. I'd played Illusion of Gaia on the SNES (no idea why that released in europe but FF6 and Chrono Trigger didn't), but it mostly just confused me.

FF7 completely blew me away though. It felt like it pushed the boundaries in every possible way for games. It was bigger, it was more complex, it had more emotional depth, it was more technologically advanced (if you ignore the origami field character models). All of it.

Last edited:

Ghost X

Day19. FFVII. I had played other RPGs before then. I think I either saw an ad and was interested, or it was recommended to me by... possibly a person in a blockbuster store? Maybe both. I managed to buy it though. Don't think it was a present. My pocket money allowance at the time was $7 a fortnight, iirc, and the game would've cost about $100. Quite the financial risk-taking though. I do remember my first time playing it, one evening in Queensland. Thought the game was awesome from the get-go. Did get stuck for a while, but once I realised what I did wrong (sell chocobo materia) I was right again :p. I'd take my PS1 to my uncle's, where I think I first saw
AERITH DIE
, and where I first faced Safer Sephiroth. Think I was pulled away mid-battle to eat dinner :p.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
19. I was obsessed with X. It may not be my favourite overall now, but it was certainly what sparked my interest in the series proper. I'd watched a neighbour play parts of 7, 8 and 9 before and I was mildly interested but also nyeuh.
X was the game that I wanted to get every Aeon, every weapon, every overdrive, see every scene, etc. I can still go back and happily enjoy that from start to finish now, whereas replaying other titles I usually lose steam after the first act.

Lestat

He/him
AKA
Ergo, V
19. I was obsessed with X. It may not be my favourite overall now, but it was certainly what sparked my interest in the series proper. I'd watched a neighbour play parts of 7, 8 and 9 before and I was mildly interested but also nyeuh.
X was the game that I wanted to get every Aeon, every weapon, every overdrive, see every scene, etc. I can still go back and happily enjoy that from start to finish now, whereas replaying other titles I usually lose steam after the first act.

Trust you to like the most frustrating game to get ultimate weapons for!
Bloody chocobo race and lightning fields!!!!!!!

Lestat

He/him
AKA
Ergo, V
Ffxv - the bro code
Say what you like about romance in the final fantasy world, the relationship between these friends in ffxv trumps this by far.
You have 4 friends working together to save the world each doing it for a different reason.

The relationship isn't perfect and you see them fight for various reasons throughout but goddamnit they come together in the end even when it means the death of the one they all hold close.

Top Bottom